Increase vehicle passenger slots on tanks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by GoodGame, Jan 13, 2009.

1. KILLX

KILLX Banned

This is not Mercenaries 1 or 2 :|

2. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I want to be able to drive my jeep into a heavy. Not 'at' a heavy, inside of one. Seriously, like a clown car, it'd be awesome. Your big heavy drives up to the enemy base, then six jeeps rush out and start driving in circles, hooting and yelling as the heavy blows things up. Or charge your jeep at an enemy heavy, right up into their hatch, then run around inside crushing the driver.

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i herd you liked driving, so we put a car in your car, so now you can drive while you drive

^^

4. OuNin

OuNin Member

While the jeeps are in the hatch, the view of the driver is obscured by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRyFePAkXuQ

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

6. zenarion

zenarion Member

Excuse me but where exactly in the tank will you be storing the four jeeps?
    Same place where all those suggestions of your come from?

7. OuNin

OuNin Member

Inside the clown, clearly.

8. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

Only the driver's vehicle skills take effect on the vehicle, AFAIK passengers' vehicle skills don't affect the vehicle.

9. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

Something else that might need a buff, then methinks.

10. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Only if Defusal is changed so it doesn't prevent tanks from setting off mines first. That's too much... it weakens mines too much as it is.

Seriously, having a skill that makes you totally immune to a kind of weapon is a bad idea. Defusal should be a scout skill, and should let you defuse multiple mines in an area at once... but it shouldn't prevent you from setting them off if you drive or walk over them.

11. [SG]GummiBear

[SG]GummiBear Member

yeah defusal need some kind of nerf, specailly if you allow passengers vech skills too.... imagine defusal, vehicle cooling and vehicle damage all at once... too OP

12. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

Well there are mine-clearing versions of vehicles in RL. Rather than debuffing Defusal, I think it'd be preferable to limit the number of stackable vehicle skills. I guess it's something for stats to work out what the true balance is.

13. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Honestly, I'd like to nerf defusal for other reasons beyond this. I feel that having a skill that completely negates one form of defense, with no effort required on the user's part whatsoever, is just bad for strategy in general. We don't have skills that make you immune to arty, or mortars, or bio or bullets. Why do we have a skill that makes you immune to mines? I think that players should have to think and plan to defeat a minefield; they shouldn't just be able to grab the 'immunity to mines' skill and ignore them.

Changing defusal like that might require some sort of change to mines (an activation requirement, crouch-E to arm them, make it take longer to place them, whatever). But since mines will be stronger and more dangerous overall with defusal tweaked, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

14. [SG]GummiBear

[SG]GummiBear Member

or maybe just make the easier to see with defusal (like they is colored bright yellow or something for you) and then possible to disarm when on foot (though will still explode if you trip on them)

15. OuNin

OuNin Member

I think difusal should give the player a 25% chance of an enemy mine exploding below you with range of 25-100% max mine damage.