Implementation of CMMI on Empires Development

Discussion in 'General' started by PatPeter, Feb 27, 2012.

?

What level of CMMI do you think Empires Development is at?

1. Level 1 - Processes unpredicable, poorly controlled and reactive.

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Level 2 - Processes characterized for projects and is often reactive.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Level 3 - Processes characterized for the organization and is proactive.

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Level 4 - Processes measured and controlled.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Level 5 - Focus on process improvement.

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

thats basically what i meant to say ... i mean to say that time==money is BS ;)

you simply cant bribe death ...

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Maybe not now, but technology is ever-advancing.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

not in a million years ...

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

no no.. its true, you can't escape death forever however, you can outrun it for a very prolonged amount of time once they fix the bodies programmed self termination timer issue. Which to an extent they have been able to do on a per cell basis.

5. Deiform

Deiform Member

I have never heard of this programmed self termination issue with human bodies. I always thought it was down to organs wearing out.

6. ViroMan

7. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

cellular senescence , if we can halt this proces gg god we will live forever.

8. ViroMan

HA I beat you to it... go away and cry now.

9. Paradox

I do, every night.

10. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Bla bla bla lots of bullshit in here. You see in reality management theories are adapted on the spot to whatever fits best. Only place where bullshit methodologies are implemented without critical thinking are government projects. Last guy who tried to implement some idiotic thing because he heard something was Spawn.

1 example of his idiocy: "famous" dev wrote a blog saying A. I know this dev myself from Mono project. I know that A doesn't fit all cases and especially not our case. You have to use common sense. What does Spawn say? That "famous" dev knows better.

Sourcepires can be summed up to 2 phases: Krenzo getting hyped up for quite a long time and building something that can't work commercially and 2nd - others try to maintain things but they have no commercial incentive and the thought of making it for money causes panic - they'd have to stop fucking around and deliver value.

It's a dead project and you should get over it.

I can go on and on how process-based thinking is totally wrong and fits factory line 10x better than creative environment. To have sustainable project you need to generate money, if a methodology is really good at making sure you deliver value that you sell, fine. If you heard about methodology and just want to implement it like an idiot, it won't help something that is fundamentally broken - people simply don't work hard enough on something they know they can't sell in 100 years.

11. Paradox

Are you saying empires is a dead project? Cause you can sincerely fuck off if you just did you complete fucking cunt of a dev.. If not, this post doesnt count.

12. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I can't parse what you're saying.

13. @@@@Marcin@@@@

@@@@Marcin@@@@ Developer

Never say never, if it fails take a drink and try again.

14. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

You should watch "In time" before saying that, because there money equals (life-)time. :p

15. ViroMan

ahh.. yes... that was the name of the movie.

16. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Umm, no, we will keep getting children, population density will grow, but if you can't pull farms and soil out of your arse, at one point major starvation would start, (leading to crimes, or fights for survival, idk if it should be counted as crimes) and together it would kill the major part of human population,
    and the rest will be bound to eating the remains of their family until they get their first harvest of w/e few seeds that aren't eaten at that point ... if at all ...(ok idk about eating human remains, still they have to eat something until they learn how to make food, because everything will be eaten at that time, starvation is a strong motivator but once it's in place it makes you do less and less, so you really wouldn't have much of a choice),
    No thx, I would rather have a global nuclear war then the tool to live forever,
    not that I don't want to live forever, but this would lead to everyones destruction faster then you would die normally, well if you're not 50 or smth already ... no offense, flasche :P

17. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Fuck if I know.

18. Paradox

I'm not saying we should live forever or it would be practical I'm just saying theoretically it is possible

19. Comand'zorz' Asz

Comand'zorz' Asz Member

Wait, if Trickster is not lead developer, then how will we get mod points?
    I want to Arty Strike PVK.
    *Edit* Well things go interestingly off topic here. For infinite lifetime to be a good thing a better mastery of the infinite universe is needed, so that infinite (or practically infinite) energy and food are available. Before infinite is reached we could do a whole lot of expanding, although ET turf wars might be problematic.
    Eventually you're gonna hit the 'meaning of life' point or something...
    Really it's not living forever or longer that is a problem but all the existing problems in life, inequality, deciding how to divide limited resources (right now it's a mix of might makes right and capitalist rhetoric and indifference)

20. ViroMan

Solution every male gets a vasectomy when they reach 10 years of age. If they want children they pay to get their wife(must be a married) artificially inseminated. You are only allowed one child. 3rd world countries are not allowed to have this technology until there hunger problem is already solved. Possibly solved through massive incentive vasectomy program. We pay you cash to get a vasectomy