I won

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by REX, Dec 23, 2009.

1. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

No. He said games on consoles cost a fortune, impying PC games are cheaper. He either did not properly word what he wanted to say, or he's wrong. I'm making the point console games are cheaper and easier to make, and yield more profits.

Again, the test matrix idea. To test your console game to verify it works, get a devkit xbox or PS3, load the game up and run it. Done.

For a PC...well, get 10 different intel processors that all have different instruction sets, 10 different AMD procs...15 videocards, 20 different mobos with and without SLI...try 200 different driver combos...and give up and shoot yourself. Or don't test it right and release it (which some studios do...)

2. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

well, from a clients perspective, most pc games ARE cheaper then xbox games or others

the only reason why i dont own any console besides my trusty gameboy color is because xbox games for example cost around 60 € while pc games cost around 40€

3. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

what do i care? i play all pc games for free. or at least all the ones with shitty multiplayer.

4. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

[​IMG]

5. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

halo 1 and 2 of xbox, with surround sound = THE SHIT

play that system link 12 player.... best gaming experience of your life.

amazing amazing games. halo 3 is basically MW2, mediocre at best campaign and fairly fun but ego shooter online that gets stale after about a month.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

[​IMG]

behold, a real pirate

7. Zeke

Zeke Banned

8. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I rather like the Halo 3 MP...but I only play it with friends on system link. Oddly enough, the people I play with never learned melee is important...so they empty a clip, reload and empty another...so all I need to do is melee them and win :-p

MW2's campaign is shit. Halo 3's campaign is actually a lot of fun.

9. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Used they cost WAY less. Used games for PC...wait, what? Nope. I grabbed MW2 for 30 USD or so (actually 35, I think) used for my 360. Won't find that for the PC.

Moreover, MW2 is raining on your parade. 60 USD on the PC. New pricing trend for the PC? Probably. I mean...the value of the dollar is shit, so it IS going to rise.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

used games of about 3 to 6 months old often drop to 20 to 5 € depending on how well they sold in europe

console games just dont sell that well in a "used" category here, ether that or its more underground then pc games in "used"

11. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

yarrrr

12. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

Playing games on huge tv is shitty for me.
    Didnt like anything except company of heroes, watching awesome battles on 50 inch was awesome.
    But thats it. No shoooters no nothing.

13. Cloud

Cloud Member

Damn... tried to ninja ya zealoth.. Guess i failed.
    [​IMG]
    edit: and omni is searching the forums.

14. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

OMG!!! LUKY BSTRD!!!
    [/crappy leetspeek]

15. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

Did you play halo 1 and 2? Like, halo 3 campaign is okay, but compare the story, the atmosphere and the execution of them to 1 and 2 and you won't be impressed. that said, 1 is looking very dated now, and both have slightly less features than 3. better games though.

16. Mr.Bungles

Mr.Bungles Member

i completely agree with you there were halo is concerned. The gameplay and immersive storyline of halo CE set the other 3 games up to be a disappointment compared to Halo CE's storyline. However, saying that, halo 2 and halo 3's storylines were far from shit. Although, halo 3: ODST was the biggest disappointment, hopefully Reach will be better.

17. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I personally think Halo 1 & 2 are utter shit, especially the half-assed indoor levels where it looks like they just copied & pasted the same 2 rooms 50 times & called it a level. It's also one of the few games where I've actually nodded off playing through the campaign, it took me a couple of months but I eventually finished the first two Halo games (this was back in 2005 btw). Halo 3 on the other hand is really fun & I actually enjoy it, if I ever get a 360 it'll probably be the first game I buy (or just bum it off a friend).

18. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

The indoor flood part in Halo 1 annoyed me. Halo 1's PC multiplayer was awesome, I'll give it that...but that was because it was PC.

Halo 3 was awesome in terms of story, music was still where I expected it to be, graphics quite good...etc.

ODST I loved. I loved the stealth aspect of the rookie, and I loved the combat in the flashbacks. 60 USD is a bit much for it, yes...but it was still awesome.

19. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i hated how the last 10% of the game was the same 2% copied 5 times in a row after each other

edit; halo 1

20. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Never played 2, but 1 and 3 both ended with driving a warthog. Hmm...

But Halo is a shooter, plain and simple. It's use of vehicles on a console was nice, and the added guns on the PC multiplayer was awesome...it certainly helped to define the xbox, and is still worth a replay. Melee-ing the little gnomes (whatever they're called) is just too much fun.