I won

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by REX, Dec 23, 2009.

1. REX

REX Member

2. Empty

Empty Member

I need a graphics card.

Mail it to 20 Borola Crt Croydon North Vic Australia 3136

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

4. Empty

Empty Member

I lied, right street, wrong number.

I can see my pool though lol

5. Zeke

Zeke Banned

u haz yellow truck :D

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

7. REX

REX Member

I needed it too.... as in I want to have it. Put my old 8800GTS (620mb version) in our office computer, and put the 7800xt from that into an even older one :).

8. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

You put 8800GTS in an OFFICE PC?
    *walks silently into a corner and cries to himself*

PS. Explanation: ive got 8800GT now and find it totally sufficient.

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

8800 gtx (and especially the one with 1gb memory on it) is an ageing high end card, its still good enough to buy and play "recent" games on medium graphics

10. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I play recent games on high graphics with my oven baked 8800gtx.

11. REX

REX Member

Well it is an office pc mostly. But my father also plays farcry 2 and a few other things on it.

Also HL2 based things never really seems to require much power.

12. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

My build system that is over a year old has a 9800GTX+ in it. A newer build system would have SLI in it.

I kid you not.

Don't know why, but whatever.

I need to go find a 5870 in stock soon.

13. REX

REX Member

The 4890 seems quite strong, so I think that will be my card for a few years at least. Next thing im getting is a solid state system drive for sure.

14. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I ALMOST pulled the trigger on two 160GB Intel drives...then looked at the write speeds one last time and decided to wait another year. SSDs are looking QUITE attractive, but they're just not there yet imo.

Only gaiting factor on the 4890 is if you care about DX11....which thus far has one game to its name.

15. REX

REX Member

Yeah well so far I havent even tried anything in direct x 10 and im guessing it wont be used much for atleast a few years, since direct x 10 was so slow to get implemented.

Also I cant seems to find any games lately that I like anymore. They seem too simple or are full of stupid micro management and so on. Its like cool shit has been outlawed.

16. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

So true.
    IMMAH CHARGIN MA WHINEZ0R.

Srsly, i've stopped buying games. They can't even make working menu (WE HAVE MOUSES YOU CONSOLE RTARDS)
    Fail ports are fail.
    Anyway, im happy with my 8800GT. Max details on most of new games.

17. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

DX10 was slow because people didn't buy Vista that fast. Since Win7 is seeing record sales though, I imagine DX10 and DX10.1 will largely be skipped (well, you'll likely see DX9 support slowly evaporate now, and DX10/DX11 support pop up.)

Plenty of console ports have good menus, plenty of PC only titles out there as well.

18. REX

REX Member

Like what ?

I felt all sad and empty when I thought, hey lets give this new card a go!.

Then I was like eh? hmmm? I looked in the steam store and it all sucked pretty hard.

I ended up "borrowing" FEAR 2 and thats fairly repetitive and boring.

Also why the hell does all strategy games need 3 factions these days and a shitload of micro management and endless annoying research and crap. I remember back in the day of C&C in 1995 2 factions and no BS. that was fun and a "believable" conflict.

It feels like games arent geared to be fun at all. Just annoying to make them last longer and the god damn balancing/nerfing trip. Also consoles cater to idiots most of the time.
    I need FUN and not a stomach ULCER of pure irritation.

Last thing I remember enjoying was Mount and Blade.

A good example of this trend was going from morrowind to Oblivion which was a pure disaster for the elder scrolls seriers.
    Hmm its too complicated lets takeout several skills and weapon types. No more spears/crossbows/throwing weapons/No more levitation magic. No more beards and lets set it in a boring environment and lets let everything level with you so that there is no challenge or reason to level up, huh ? lets also level the rewards to make it even more stupid GREAT IDEA.
    HEY lets also make almost every stealeable item worthless by naming it something with ritual, so that you cant get an unfair advantage from being good at it. Also hey lets just drop it and not make any effort as far as underwater areas goes. Also lets make poor to almost no support to the massive house mod fanbase from the last game, where people really enjoyed decorating and making their own houses and having stuff like armor stands and so on.
    Also hey lets promise to make the console and pc versions identical. Especially the HUGE font and lets only make 8 quick buttons..... yeah because 9 and 0 are SO not usable on a PC.

probably forgot a lot of the things that pissed me off

19. Empty

Empty Member

Step 1 - Google CnCGold
    Step 2 - Install XP patch
    Step 3 - Play CnC95
    Step 4 - Lol at the epic gameplay, terrible AI and awful graphics
    Step 5 - Nostalgia

20. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Mass Effect 1 on PC was pretty good - fixed the issues the 360 version had. ME2 gets a release on PC the same day the 360 version is out, so that's even more win.

Red Faction from what I've seen is pretty good (only seen one complaint so far about it on the PC, and that's on this forum)...MW2 looked like a decent port, minus the removal of dedicated servers (on a side note though, MW2 is the most overhyped game of this year, and I hate it. I bought it used for the 360 and it was NOT worth the 30 USD I paid for it. It's worth 5 USD at best. Useless annoying POS.) Go look on steam for new games...there are PLENTY.