i got banned for wallhacking

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by communism, May 11, 2011.

1. complete_

complete_ lamer

Dude, I can sense the anger coming from your posts. Calm down.

2. Nightmare

Nightmare Member

That seems so. I've spoken to Viki from the Viper community and she suggested settings that makes it harder for cheaters to exploit it. Which I did put in place. We'll see how it goes.

Constructive criticism and suggestions are highly appreciated and we / I will always consider them.

If you have the info on how to completely stop the lamers from exploiting the chute, please let me know. Thanks!

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I love constructive criticism, but I love Nightmare more.

4. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

What part of my post did you guys consider flaming? I wrote down some advice in a very friendly and mild way such as to get in contact with other server owners (Trickster, Vicki) and ask for some help on how to fix the parachutes and how to optimise the server to make it more playable. I also wrote that Bort should play on other servers(Viper or Epic teamplay) and get some normal empires experience because he is a newbie and was banning vets for using tricks or strategies he never seen before and thought they were griefing or exploiting.

Don't ignore the advice please.

5. Nightmare

Nightmare Member

Me? No anger at all. I'm good. This entire thread IS truly a bunch of BS though.
    Like I said...it's causing hype for our server which I appreciate. People will come to our server now to check it out, find out that everyone in ~Oc~ are really cool, and nice people and this thread gets dismissed as what it is.

LOL!!

6. Nightmare

Nightmare Member

You said "Your server is a joke" as well as other negative and flaming comments in that post as well, Sir. That's probably why a moderator removed it and locked it. I left it there and was planning to leave the thread open but the moderator that locked it is right that other people posting in there isn't relevant. Especially if they're flaming.

I have played on other servers. Including MEG, Viper, and EPIC's server (when it's up). I am new to Empires, but I'm not new to RTS games.

Saying I have banned "vets" like you falsely claim is nothing more then a lie.
    Personally I only have 4 bans on our server. 3 of which were time limited and have since expired. The only perm ban I have on my record on our server is -MEG- hobbes because he left us no choice but to perm ban him. He kept coming to our server flaming it, calling it "shit", spamming the mic, stealing the CV and driving it in to water or the enemy base and letting them wall it in and destroy it. We gave him every opportunity to not be a jerk...but he didn't stop. So as any other admin on any other server would do he got perm'd.

Please name the vets that any of our admins have banned for "using tricks or strategies he never seen before and thought they were griefing or exploiting". You can't. Because it's not true.

I'm not and I won't ignore advice, as I said and have shown. I welcome and appreciate it. When what you're claiming is "advice" or ill mannered flaming? Do you really expect someone to accept it? Silly if you do.

You yourself, predator, continue to flame our server. But when you joined and spammed turrets even YOU were having a ton of fun. Everyone was laughing hysterically.

That is what gaming should be. Fun. Our server shouldn't be disliked for providing it.

7. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

No these cvars are there to make life easier for us, eg. for balance testing or debugging. Users (these include server admins) are not really supposed to have those at all. They are not disabled or hardcoded because that would be a (1) dick move on our part, (2) they are fun to play with occasionally, (3) they can be used to limit the performance hit of different stuff for weaker servers and there are probably enough other reasons, but none of those reasons include (n not element of list) you breaking empires gameplay and being proud of it.

To be fair I didn't ever play on your server so I can't really judge if and how much you broke the gameplay, but that is no reason for you to act like a self entitled prick. If you have a bunch of people complaining, your first step should be to see if their is any validity to their claim and not walking around spoonfed with entitlement disregarding every single complaint. If the complaint was valid, you still don't get to be a dick, but either explain your rationale for keeping the status quo or fix the issue.

Also communism is a troll, albeit one with nearly unmatched skill in this game, and I congratulate for becoming trollbait.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

we've reached maximum overload!

9. Nightmare

Nightmare Member

LOL @ trollbait

I don't see how I'm being a prick. A full server a lot of the time with the participants generally enjoying playing with us and the interest we've gotten from a lot of players who want to join our community vs what...3 to 5 people that complain about it? Majority rules.

I wouldn't think you were being a jerk removing those options if you didn't want them there. You yourself say they're fun to play with (occasionally).
    The players that agree with that can come to our server for occasional fun and join other servers for whatever else those other servers offer (not fun???).

We do have a lot of regulars on our server. Whether they're noobs or not doesn't matter to me, and I don't see why that should matter to anyone else. It's making the game as a whole more popular. As a developer myself I'd be quite happy with that whether I personally liked what was being done with it or not. It's being used, and getting more popular.

10. communism

communism poof

I'm gonna let you in on a secret(but you cant tell anyone), my name isn't actually Richard Kingsly and I don't even know a Jacob Robinson :(

also brutos you just made me blush :|ove:

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  11. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

so, outcasts is another flash in the pan server that will be gone in a few months?

Nightmare here you literally have the people who know Empires better than anyone telling you that you are making mistakes with the way you run your server, but instead of respecting people who have been here waaaaay longer than you, you rage at us?

Also, Im sure commy couldnt give less of a shit about being banned from your server, in case you missed that.

You are definitely mad, bro.

umad.

12. Razorbud

Razorbud Coder

I assume you mean "whip" your ass :p

13. communism

communism poof

we have a very kinky relationship :)

14. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

you said i was the only person you shit on

15. Nightmare

Nightmare Member

The fact is that it's our server. While I take in what everyone is saying we can do what we want with it. What we're doing with our server is obviously working. We have traffic, regulars, and people applying to become part of our community. The kinds of regulars and people applying to our community that we want - not the jerks, potty mouth's, cheaters, lamers, and obnoxious people who are generally found on other Empires servers. We call that a success. Too bad a few people like it. You/they don't have to like it and we don't have to listen to you or do what you attempt dictating to us with OUR server.

No, unfortunately for you few haters, it is not going to go down or die any time soon.

The Outcasts have done more than a few things that everyone else has followed (behind in our dust).

If communism didn't want to be unbanned why did he post a ban appeal?
    He tried, which everyone is welcome to do. But the appeal was denied because:

1. The ban was for cheating (exploiting the parachute - which has been fixed). Not "wall hacking" as he lied and claimed it was for.

2. He's obviously not someone we'd welcome on our servers because of this, the fact that he's a flamer, and because - for whatever reason which is beyond us - he made this thread calling attention to it attempting but failing to embarrass us.

The Outcasts is the oldest gaming community and clan in existence. We have been around since 1993 and don't plan on ever quitting. So it's best you noobs (compared to us) get used to us being here. We're not going away and chances are, due to our history and trend, we will out last any of your communities and new-to-gaming clans.

You call me mad and indirectly say I'm flaming or being a jerk....
    What is this post doing?

You haters could and probably should think outside your closed minds.
    A closed mind is a horrible waste.

16. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Haters
    Haters everywhere.

I fucking hate this word.
    Empty be useful for once, and close this cloaca thread already.

17. Zeke

Zeke Banned

If you knew him you would know that the complete post is one big troll.
    NOTHING in it is truth and he wrote it just for lulz.

and you took the bait.

18. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Can someone click on the quote buttons in Zeke's sig? I'm curious.

19. Deiform

Deiform Member

Yes. 3 different links. 2 are anime. 1 is the real one. None of them are exciting.

20. Aeoneth

Aeoneth Member

Nightmare, even I have to agree with everyone else (not something i do with this group) yes the server is yours... and yes the ridiculous settings are good for a CHEAP laugh... but that's all it is. A cheap laugh.

We've had servers with settings like that before and they failed... all of them. We absolutely want more servers to be populated and begin to make Empires a more popular place, however we all know this is just going to be another cheap lulz server that will burn out after a couple of months. Your ridiculous limits will become stale after X games of turret stalemates and people will then flood to the other servers where the experience will be completely different. Some will be put off by this change and may drop the game altogether.

Eventually your server will only be populated by a few hardcore fans... and you won't be able to rely on the reputation of your clan to keep it full, no matter how old it is

BUT you have a group here who know you are a sensible person and are offering you advice on how to make the server avoid these problems, as Deadpool has said. What's more you are telling us we don't understand the game? Not cool man.

Point is if you keep this up you'll draw the aggravation of many players in this game. Almost all the current players have a connection to one of the forum members here.

EDIT: 4 of the mare anime.. the quote pages and the actual quote buttons are different links each. 3 youtube videos (anime) and one repeating gif of a girl laughing.
    I got curious last night after work