i got banned for wallhacking

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by communism, May 11, 2011.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Idk, I chatted to him today in his server. He seems perfectly nice and stuff, but the settings are so...well:

[​IMG]

There were so many turrets that the minimap stopped showing them. And this happened every map. Resource rate meant you could effectively camp on one refinery and do this, it's quick to research due to the increased rate, and the amount of walls and buildings in addition to this, meant that effectively, every time these turrets opened fire, the server lagged hugely, like any server would with this amount of turrets. The parachute fall rate is really low too, so you don't even need to do any mousewheel binding either.

It's a shame really, the server is populated pretty frequently, and when it isn't being spammed like this, it's pretty decent at holding tick, and the only admin (the guy who runs it) who I met seemed relatively friendly, although he doesn't have a huge amount of Empires knowledge. Just a shame it has such silly settings. As someone who pushed for as much server vars and stuff as I could possibly get for the last few years, it's times like these that I wish some things simply weren't changeable by the majority of servers. This kind of thing isn't really beneficial to anyone, and it simply gives new players a terrible impression of the game.

2. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

sweet, imma join this server and get myself banned too. Nothings more fun then getting banned for being awesome.

3. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

"overheatings please fix"

rofl if that's the only thing that guy thinks is broken in that situation

4. Trickster

That's Fabrizio.

[​IMG]

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

31k res, with 200 turrets you probably just built, this server has got to be the most cartoonish server in empires any game.

6. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

At one point on slaughtered we tried to max out everything, building, wall and turret limit. The building and wall limit was easy enough but we simply couldn't hit the turret limit and believe me, I TRIED. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

beeeeeeees

beeeeeeeess everywhere

8. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

bees everywhere! they're in my eyes!!
    [​IMG]

9. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

wait
    wait
    wait
    so let me get this right

some guy played empires and then was like wow there isn't enough resources and then started his own server with upped res rates.

wow.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

oh the irony - now imagine a script manifest ^^

11. Trickster

Script manifest would be awesome in the right hands, but yeah, general use of that would be a fucking nightmare, and I never saw that back then.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

scripts manifest is like a nuke generator

awesome, but bad things can happen

13. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I tried telling you guys, but noooo, don't listen to the forum retard. -.-

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

all you script_manifest haters need to get bent. it would've only made empires better, fun, and have more variety.

you'd be able to play on your basic servers with only minor changes (because devs cant balance) and then if you'd like switch over to a server with settings only meant for messing around and having fun.

15. flasche

and it would end up being only such servers and its byebye empires.
    after failbowroad was released it was hard to not play it all the time since its "oh so funny", but it has horrid gameplay compaired to what is possible on other maps ...

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

rainbowroad wasnt played every map. there was no 247 rainbowroad that was sucking the playerbase away from empires so your point is invalid

17. flasche

it was only ONE map not completely messed up servers where every map becomes a joke.

18. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

i love rainbow road and octogons.. but i think octogons provides the most strategy, its just that its easy to be griefed on.

19. Trickster

I think it was MAYBE viable before steam release, and probably still would be if the script manifest server DLLs were only given out to responsible server owners, which given the current list of servers, would be limited to just myself and Vicki, Nachos if they came back too.

20. flasche

and lattenbrecher and eth0 and squish and ...

the thing is, if there is no hud indicator you wouldnt know what weapons/armor/engine/class/tank/building/whatever serves what purpose. you wouldnt even know what research items are where.
    forget it, at this state you cant do that. maybe with a new gui that shows all stats and items and whatnot - then it might get cool actually.

but as it is? please no ...