How to stop this mod from dying

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by cerberus, Dec 3, 2006.

1. arklansman

arklansman Member

arklansman - 3.01 posts per day
    KILLX - 14.13 posts per day
    Result:
    [​IMG]

2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

okay, I do think that KillX is being a little bit noobish, but can't we all just put this behind us?

let's move on people, move on. we were all noobs once.

3. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

4. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

As long as your digging up this slightly old thread, I'll say something.

"Timing out" means that the remote computer has not repsonded to the last message sent for a period of time, like 60 secs. People "time out" because their game crashed, not because of lag. I think alot of people experience an engine crash that occurs after playing for 15 mins when texture detail is set to High, so maybe this should be noted in the bugs section or in a readme.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The textures included with Empires are mostly 1024x1024, which is higher than the standard 512x512, and can cause the video card to load textures slowly, and may also be the cause of crashes.

6. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Timeout can also be caused by a player not responding for a server defined period of time. Its basically: "If player X hasn't responded for Y amount of time, auto kick them." Y is server defined, so it varies from server to server. Some servers don't use this at all, or the period is so long it seems like there isn't a timeout period.

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

That's what he just said...

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

He explained due to game crashes.

9. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I said game crashes was the most common cause in the case of Empires, I did not say it was the only cause. If you did not understand that, you should refrain from "correcting" people in the future.

10. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Back on topic... Although I agree that mechs are a bad idea for empires, I do like the idea for a sort of powered armor. Being about a foot or two taller than infantry and capable of being equiped with a max of two plates of armor (For an expensive version) And can be equiped with a MG of 2 slots power. aka a heavy chain gun for eliminating infantry. (And get this... because of its size and hight it can hit infantry reguardless of how close they are.) It could also be equiped with an explosive MG for light anti-armor combat. But even so would be easily destroyed by a med or heavy tank. (Although a harder target.) I believe this would add significantly more options for combat, and could still be balanced. (It also fits with the tech level of the Brenodi. Not so sure about the NF though...) And before someone diagrees about it fitting... This sort of thing is becomming a reality in America. We already have powered leg attachments alowing a soldier to run and jump much faster and further than normal. It will probally be only a decade or so untill a full powered suit is put into active use. Sorry for the long post :)

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

It could work out for both. The BE could have a fancy nice looking one like in Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf (Image 1, Image 2), and NF could have a junky looking one where you can see hydraulics on the legs, and a strong glow out of the power pack due to lack of shielding (Somewhat like this one)

12. Simon

Simon Banned

Have a server with regular settings that can handle more that 10 people and has admins? With BSID down there is only really ONE server and it has wierd settings (I asssume they do still not sure as I've been banned).

13. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

KILLX, we've said a loooong time ago that there wont be any mechs in the game.

14. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i just read through 8 pages of posts, alot of them useless spam, and i feeled compelled to ask the age old question:
    Whens 1.8 coming out?
    Now wait for the classic "When its ready" reply.

what are these grand schemes and plans that you have for Empires, you sneaky devs?

15. arklansman

arklansman Member

It's just faster research, and maybe faster res gathering. (I'm not sure about that one.)

16. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

It's not only but 10 times faster research (or at least 5). That changes the game dramatically. People who later try to play on normal servers have problems. TBH ON|E server should be called fun server due to those settings.

17. Simon

Simon Banned

Yeah when I wasn't banned tactics were way diffrent on that server.

18. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Those are not mech pictures. Those are pictures of battle armour from Mechassault 2, which is basically a power suit. The third picture is an example of how NF could use one, how it could look, since thats a perfect example of junky looking tech.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  19. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

O|nE server rates are doubles, so everything is twice as fast (the resserach is twice the speed and the res is double)

The O|nE server sees less infantry and alot more tanks; tactics are 100% all about tanks there; infantry comes into play either early in the game, or during base assults..

20. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Me and Krenz were talking yesteryday and I heard sad news. Its good news too, I supose...but sad in a way. You'll all find out soon.

(Am I joking?)