How to: DotA 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

BTW WHY IS EVERYONE FOCUSING ON THE FUCKING STACKING AND PULLING PART AND NOT THE REST??????

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

"Empires might not be for me because this reloading thing doesn't really sound like it's worth my time."

3. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Let's be fair here. No one argues for 4 pages of posts whether it's better to hit reload 2 seconds or 4 seconds after killing an enemy.

That having been said, what does it even mean to say that "creep pulling time is at 51-55 seconds"? What exactly is the "medium creep camp", and why is pulling that particular camp good? How are you expected to kill stacked creeps at level 1? I just don't think any of these concepts are things that newbies should be concerned with yet, whereas reloading in Empires is obviously vital to the game.

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I LINKED THE VIDEO FOR A REASON.

5. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Yeah, nevermind. I read the guide that retrofade linked, and it cleared up things significantly.

6. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

That's the secret sauce in every MOBA.

7. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

When you write a guide, there has to be some secret sauce. The guide has to make its information better than the sum of its parts.

There has to be some weird connector that makes one source especially useful relative to another source, which is really handy considering this piece of information, and so on.

No one is saying that it is easy, but that's your bar. Meet it.

8. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

pulling is overated for new players. it fucks your lane up as much as it helps if you don't know when to do it and such

9. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

All I've gotten out of this thread is that either Paradox is awesome and everyone else is shit, or everyone is awesome except for Paradox.

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

This thread made me inquisitive I opened Dota2, it scared me. I closed it.

11. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Yeah it did for me too when i first started. Good to see it helped someone. I found that you should have another resource just in case, you know, this "guide" wasn't going to suffice.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I still don't understand pulling and stacking. :(

13. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Lets try this again:

There is a certain time where you attack a creep camp and go away so a new creep camp spawns there. Now you have more creeps at the same time.

At another time you can attack the creep camp then run into your lane and your lane creeps will attack the neutral creeps.

Depending if you have stacked two things can happen: A double stacked camp will kill your creep wave. This denies XP and gold for the enemy and pushes your lane back to the tower.
    If the camp is not stacked, then your creeps will kill the camp and go back into the lane, at approximately the same time as the next wave. Now you have a double wave pushing into the enemy territory.

The second time is most of the time not preferred. You want to keep the lane equillibrium close to your tower.

One more thing that you can do is to pull a non stacked camp and about at the time as the camp would die, pull the next camp into the dying camp. You can achieve the same effect as double stacking through that.

Edit: This was just on reddit.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  14. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

You don't always want to pull if the lanes already close to your tower though. Especially if the person left in lane doesn't have a stout shield. The denial isn't nearly as important in low skill game as people generally aren't even getting that many last hits early on in the game.

TBH I actually prefer single stack pulls a lot of the times. Then you have a double wave pushing + cc = kill. Depends on how good the opponents in the other lane are but this is pretty foolproof against lower skilled opponents if they have a melee last hitting:

Pull a single stacked camp and get a double wave.

Hold back and make it easy for the melee guy to go in and lasthit.

As soon as the enemies last creeps are about to die start a cc rotation and watch the creeps wtf pwn. Creeps do legit insane dmg early on and there is 0 risk to you because you have the double wave which does the dps of like 2 extra heroes autoing.

You wants stuns or hard slows so the creeps can keep hitting. Also AOE damage so you can kill off his creeps at the same time that you are stunning him. Lina/SK/Sven all very good, pretty much anyone with aoe stun... Veno slow good as well but less aoe dps.... Batrider + a stun is very good too especially if you already have a couple stacks of slow

15. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Why is it so hard to have a good lane/team setup? I mean the basics arent very complicated. Its kinda funny but even after 3 weeks of dota 2 i know that we will lose or at least have a uphill battle with a 2x melee lane or a random support middle. Even people that play this game for a long time seem to choose what they want to play not what is needed.

Edit: Even if you have a good team comp. you most likley end up with everyone going to the wrong lane and you end up playing dark seer mid lane which does not really benefit from a level advantage.

16. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

bitches idle in empires channel

17. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

You also deny XP, pulling is heavily underrated nowadays, ppl just need to learn how to lasthit under their own tower tbh ...
    Also you don't need to tank the wave if you are afraid of that, just pull the wave past the tower onto your next wave and you can safly lasthit out of your enemys and your towers reach, if they venture past your tier 1 tower it's a good opportunity for mid to gank, too.

18. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

theirs no empires channel in dota or what do u mean?

19. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

no one is ever in it.... i made one and i'm always in it when im on but if im not on you probably have to create it yourself... it auto logs you onto it when you launch dota2

20. RetroFade

RetroFade Member