How 2 Payday?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ImSpartacus, Jul 18, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I've been having way too much fun with Payday 2's weapon customization system.

I'm pretty sure I have it figured out. If you're not using the stupidly obvious enforcer synergies or technician sniper/headshot bonuses or the mastermind pistol bonuses, then ghost is the best for generally having great all-around weapons. Silent Killer and The Professional are OP as fuck.

So you're telling me that I get +30% damage, +50% accuracy and +50% stability just for putting on a silencer? I guess I could probably live with that.

Realistically there are only two assault rifles worth using. If you want damage, you get an ak.762 and 56 damage with effectively perfect accuracy and like 40 stability. If you want anything else, you get a car-4. You only get up to 46 damage, but you get zero recoil and 60% more ammo along with effectively perfect accuracy (noticing a trend?). You need some conceal? Ok, you have to drop down to 39 damage, but now you get to have 3 vis. Yeah, this rifle can be used in a 3 vis loadout:

[​IMG]

How? Bigger is Better silencers! Take off effectively no damage and a little conceal and get massive ghost skill bonuses.

Works with pistols and the monolith suppressor as well. If you're crafty, you can get a motherfucking 18C up to 16 accuracy (!!!). Yeah, that's the bullet hose with the best DPS in the game that no one likes. Except now it's the fucking laser bullet hose. Oh yeah and you can still keep 28 conceal. Switch to single shot and now you have a perfectly normal silenced pistol with a massive magazine and tons of ammo.

[​IMG]

Don't even get me started with the Loco...

78 damage without the enforcer's 35% buff and a 29 conceal? I literally can't even.

What pitiful weapons do you noobs use?

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I like changing it up. I have my commando-whatever-it's-called all souped up, and a stealth car-4 too. Not to mention I like farting around with shotguns, or m308 I think it's called? too. Heavy eagle is fun to use too, I really like scars in games.

Pistols I don't switch much though. I use that revolver for anything loud or when I have a shotgun for a primary. A silenced deagle for stealthy goodness( I like it better than the default because with the people I play with things tend to go loud so I rather not have a useless secondary). And the good old loco.

I don't think the ghost perks are worth it though, that is 24 skill points to ace all that. That gets you to tier 4 in another skill. It also should be stated that once it goes loud silencers are mostly pointless. There is no real reason to have a silencer on a primary either because of that.

3. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I miss your shopping deal threads.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

He's really lost his edge hasn't he.

5. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

How to Payday 2:

1: Enjoy game
    2: Wait for DLC
    3: See that some customisable things like scopes, foregrips, etc. require DLC for weapons I already own
    4: Uninstall game and never play again

6. 101010

101010 Member

Your doing it wrong.
    4: should be - join random jobs and troll until other people uninstall and never play again.

7. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I found your problem fooshi, this is neither a dota 2 thread or dota 2 thread.

>letting dlc ruin your game
    >buying a dlc based game without waiting for the game of the year edition or complete edition
    >saying said game is bad while others are clearly enjoying it

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  8. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

1. Play Shadow Raid
    2. Repeat from 1

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I just play it. I don't suck so I don't care what weapon I use, the enemy is still dying. Having the best weapon in a PVE game isn't really that important.

10. Lazybum

Correct, it has more to do with difficulty scaling though. Using a basic weapon on overkill or deathwish is bad because everything eats too many bullets, even if you consistently shoot them in the head.

Having better weapons also allows you to get away with stupid stuff, which is nice.

11. ImSpartacus

Somebody has never been molested trying to solo death wish.

When you're not being carried by Youzy and his double-stuffed ammo bags, you'll notice that you either spend way too many bullets killing stuff before you eventually die or you die because Youzy isn't killing everything.

...also on the docket, what times does Youzy play? :headshot:

You know, I desperately wanted to like that gun. It starts with tons of damage and it's really one of the best guns for playing overkill before you have mods and shit. But it has no good mods, so it's pretty shitty later. The only good loadout is a long barrel (+4 acc) plus funnel of fun (+12 dmg, -4 acc). Excellent damage without any skills, but you're left with middling accuracy that needs to be buffed by a grip or single shot mod before it's even average. For people that invest in ghost skills, a suppressed ak.762 can get more of literally every stat, including clip size and ammo supply. It's frustrating as hell.

ikr, I love playing Shadow Raid with noobs. You spring into the 2nd floor, kill the cameras and then start chucking like 5 bags off the balcony. Noobs be like, "lulwut", we already have enough bags to win. You be like, "I got somebody to carry muh bags!"

The DLC was a dollar during the recent steam sale. One dollar. Even a tightwad like me can pay a buck.

And if that is too much, just hack them into the game. Everything is client side. There's literally no security. I see hackers all the time.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  12. Candles

You missed the most important part about the Locomotive and the only reason I'd ever use it. Pushing dead people into alleyways and behind objects.

The only carry I ever need is a guy to carry the second keycard to the vault on Shadow Raid, and that's only when I'm too lazy to do it myself. There are two guaranteed keycards on that map on all difficulties; one from the camera guy and one from the worker in a jumpsuit.

Getting 16 bags + Armor is so satisfying when running solo on Overkill. I only wish I was high enough so I could do it on Death Wish.

Finally, stealth runs are best runs. Damage? Ammo? ROF? All I need is accuracy and concealment. Framing Frame Day 3 is a bitch every time though and I swear Firestarter Day 2 hates me.

13. ImSpartacus

We need to play some Framing Frames. I'm so fucking tired of noobs sucking at it.

Also, Firestarter Day 2 isn't really that hard, but I get your drift. I've had days where I finish it in two minutes because all of the guards are on the other side of the office and I've had days when it takes ten minutes or I just fail hard because I derped or there are a ton of guards next to an objective.

14. Candles

It's not hard; the main problem with Firestarter Day 2 is there's a chance that there's camera in one of the offices looking at one of the security boxes that needs to have a wire clipped, and for some reason, that camera can't be put on a loop, and the moment you start opening the box, you're in view of the camera, even with 3 detection rating, and then you have to open the box, cut the wire, and close the box, but it takes so long to cut the wire that the camera will trigger from the box being open.

Framing Frame has a similar problem; I once took out three of the guards and spent 20 minutes looking for the fifth object; eventually, I just killed myself to restart the day. One of the things I like about Shadow Raid is that you're guaranteed to get enough bags without having to open the vault or drill any of the cages and there's a guaranteed crowbar spawn in the kitchen. Same with Election Day Day 2, there's exactly enough of the crates with devices outside of the caged areas, and there are multiple guaranteed keycards.

15. ImSpartacus

I take back what I said earlier. You've obviously done Firestarter enough to know each box and shit. I have stealthed it fewer than a dozen times.

Also, I need to do Election Day now. Thanks you whore.

16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

To be honest I got bored of stealth after a while.

I respec a lot but I'm really enjoying shotgun super heavy all the way now. Push it up to Death Wish and it is actually a challenging way to spend 30 minutes.

00 Buck in the primary & AP in the secondary means you basically wreck everything. Sometimes you'll have trouble crossing open ground but then you swap the 00 Buck for Flechette. Of course you need the shotgun DLC, but it is worth it.

17. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

This really got 3deep5me, I just don't min/max nearly as hard as you guys around here.

18. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

Am I the only person who found PD2 a bland for the most part and pretty fucking obnoxious sometime (mainly the menus and some of the UI).

Maybe I'm missing something but I much rather w+m1 hordes of zombies in Left 4 Dead.

Overall, the lack/shortage of decent co-op FPS games is pretty shocking.

19. ImSpartacus

Soloing PD2 is about a million times more fun than soloing L4D. Also stealth.

Yeah, when I first started and you talked about that single shot UAR of yours, I was like, "I need to get me one of those."

Then I actually look at the mods for the UAR and I'm like, "You get a stronger, more concealable weapon with still excellent accuracy in a car-4."

Car-4 is love. Car-4 is life.

Pssst, Use a car-4 +long barrel +competitor's compensator +single fire +gazelle rail +rubber grip +vintage mag +folding stock +exotique receiver for 40 dmg, 18 acc, 19 stability and 19 (!) conceal. 2 headshots per tan and 30 more bullets than your UAR. Do eet nao.

20. Lazybum

Yeah man, PD2 doesn't really require min/maxing. You can get away with any weapon really, as long as you don't spray at everything with the lower ammo cap ones. Though I really can't stand most of the secondary pistols, it is like firing pea shooters.