Homeland Bug/Request List

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by flounder, Mar 28, 2010.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

balcony building by center

2. Killing Machine

Killing Machine Member

yeh dont have it too ... all i get is a ERROR message when in comm view

3. flounder

flounder Member

Bob that sounds like a good plan. I'll remove the stairs in the warehouse and I'll make the building more destructable so that the infantry inside is more exposed.

I'll work on this as I find time. Nowadays I spend more time designing databases than 3D maps. I was playing with the Natural Selection 2 editor but the thing is mega buggy. Pre-Alpha builds ain't my thing.

Keep the comments coming.

4. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

Do something with the flag. if it's going to be such a big distraction it should be worth the trouble.

Also add some sort of clip to the hill south of NF so people can't drive or use comm dropped walls to get on top and build a rax.

don't overdo it with the rebalance. You might be able to fix imbalances by simply moving the NF starting barracks and moving a couple of windows or doors around. Whatever you do, just don't change too much. This is one of my favorite maps to both command and play on foot.

5. Empty

Empty Member

I agree, there's lots of indoor spaces which need more focus, especially the centre flag.

6. OuNin

OuNin Member

There are a lot of neglected indoor spaces, like the building school-like place in the SW. I would like those moved more into the midst of the action.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

add a icawall texture to some of the buildings so devs can make it official

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  8. flounder

flounder Member

- Some trees on the hill should block rax construction.
    - I'll look into the flag issue. Flag resources don't scale for big games, but it will be better than nothing.
    - I might move the school closer to the middle. That will be a joy...

And what do you mean by using icawall texture to make it official? I know what the texture is, but I don't see it's relation to be official. Unless you mean it as a joke.

I will look into officialdom later, once these tweaks are made.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

u can use point_template to spawn refinaries outside the map on capture, destroy them on neutralize and so on ...
    its a dirty hack but it fixes the problem of not scaleing flags ... also its not much work to do that ;)

also i support this map to become official, its really decent quality and plays out quite well ...
    oh and tho you can prevent building placement with trees, please use playerclips in places where its even only remotely possible to wall exploit up. its no shame to use them, thats what they are made for ;)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  10. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

or you could put two refineries outside the map and have the flag activate one accordingly on capture and deactivate on neutralize

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

afaik activate only means that you can drop a ref on a refspot, it has nothing to do with resource generation -> http://wiki.empiresmod.com/index.php?title=Emp_resource_point
    u need to prebuild the refs, store them in a point_template and respawn/kill them dependend on the flags outputs ...

dont change that behavior tho or emp_bush liek maps wont be possible anymore. i guess thats how silk archieved the random resource spots ...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010