Hey Krenzo Don't Read This

Discussion in 'Art' started by EdWindows, Sep 3, 2011.

1. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

They aren't in it for the fame, glory and womans, but because they enjoy making things and play around with them in unity.

If a game comes out of it, awesome.
    If a few screenshots comes out of it, awesome.

But any kind of demands on them and their work from you, just because you are willing to look at it... thats just dumb.

// 0.02€

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Nobody is demanding anything, just explaining the absolute basics of promoting a WiP game on a shoestring budget.

But if this game is just a toy that isn't going to be released, then I agree that promotion would be silly. I appreciate your input.

3. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Are you guys actually taking this Unity Empires thing toward a playable game, or is it still a prototype?

4. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

The idea is to show how Empires would look on a modern engine with out the limitations of source. We will release something playable as soon as the major components are working.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

im very curious how you guys will handle all the inherent design flaws (stuff like running cv in the water in first 10 seconds and tickets making people not spawn a few minutes before the game ends)

6. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

Krenzo: LOL! That’s been a running joke in our community for a while, and our artist, Megel, working on aircraft has actually created some designs just in-case I give in to the whole idea.

Where can these blimps be seen?

7. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Even though I have nothing to do with it...

The CV is locked for the first 60 seconds already, so... yea...

Something linking map control to the number of spawns (e.g. the more you control, the fewer spawns per minute you get); in other words, throw out the current static ticket system, and replace it with something dynamic.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

first 10 seconds was meant as "in the early game"

the cv lock fixes nothing and broke "forward base rush" tactics

i dont get why there cant be an ability to build another cv somehow or to make the cv "somehow" very hard to suicide

9. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I would love a red button in the VF that says "Build New CV" that takes like 3k res and blinks when it can be used.

10. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Where did you see that? I did make a blimp design for the NF, a floating aircraft carrier. I even started modeling it.