here ya go lawliet

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Paradox, Mar 17, 2012.

1. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

^^ hmmm

2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Aw gawd cpat just misinterpreted your sentence, he now thinks he'd a good comm :o QUICK, correct him!

3. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

You know he is also implying that you suck as a frontliner?

4. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

He's not too bright WalMart, give him a break ^^.

Anyways are you going to confirm scrim time in the BSID forums? I'd make the post but it really doesn't have any meaning if you don't say something.

5. Paradox

I dont see any new posts, I just see you guys bitching bout 10 pm gmt moving forward or backwards and snowball his gg nonetheless

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

GMT does not move. Nor does EST, or any timezones. Timezones are static, you just swap what you're going to.

In Britain, you go from GMT, to BST (British Summer Time).
    In Europe, you go from CET, to CEST (Central European Summer Time).
    In Eastern Europe, you go from EET, to EEST (Eastern European Summer Time).

All of this happens on Sunday the 25th of March. The US went forward on the 11th of March, which is more than likely why there was confusion. They switch 2 weeks before us.

They went from EST/PST to EDT/PDT, known as Eastern/Pacific Daylight Time.

If you're holding your scrim this Saturday, then a 9PM BST (UK time) start would mean 10pm in Europe, 5pm in Eastern US, and 2pm in Western US.

Jesus, does no-one understand this shit?

7. Paradox

trickster you idiot, They didnt understand what I ment with moving it up 1 hour, they thought It was going to be 8pm gmt instead of 9, I ment 10 pm gmt instead of 9

8. TheLiberalElitist

TheLiberalElitist Member

I was not implying that at all. I was just stating that I hardly ever see Harryhoot as commander in daily pub games, usually it is Craig, Cpatton or someone like Freak as the commander. during the scrim we thought the commander for BSID was Cpatton because Asz, and paradox kept making references to him commanding.

Not making any assumption of who is better qualified to command or not.

9. Paradox

ey oooo, I told you guys harryhoot was commanding ( you can just look at scoreboard and see since he didnt ever die :p the guy with 0 deaths in skrims is mostly commandork )

10. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

So I'm watching this demo and I realize what a possible problem can be. This Pvt. Snowball guy called Charlie to south when in all honesty they barely touched on it. Then harryhoot asks for charlie to get back to their intended position (north). I'll edit this with more stuff as I go on through the demo.

Edit: Regen + 3phase + rails = ..........
    It's a decent combo but you should be concerned with overheating and your heavy tanks retardedly spinning out.

Edit2: I see too many engies relying on building their own level 3's to kill tanks (charlie). Next time just go gren if you're being bombarded with tanks. Plus they're using walls for cover so mortar beats seismic when it comes to beating it down.

Edit3: Harryhoot: Spriggals don't die you're very expensive (Spriggals is in a heavy tank. Or harry could be implying that Spriggals is one of the best players on the team). I see charlie has shit tons of points from self-turret spam. *Deletes Edit2*

Edit4: Harry stopped research so you can rush heavies out. As soon as you got more than one heavy tank out, the enemy had heavies. Plus later on when you had crap tons of heavies I'm assuming G-String got absorbant to counter rails.

Edit5: Well..... you lost. I saw some potential in a John Thomas + otherjms ninja attempt. 77 Points. All you needed is 2 squad hides to get close enough to stun and a quick toss of a squad lead to win. And you needed a mentally retarded team playing against you. I did see a smart heavy on G-String push the commander as it was getting squad artied.

Conclusion: There was a bit of miscommunication. Next time designate people to direct their squads. Squad leaders and APC drivers should be the ones talking. Other than that G-String played well and so did BSID. I'd suggest BSID get more grens and get a better commander. Harryhoots turret placement is utterly terrible. Don't make a line of level 3's. It'll only work on newbs.
    16vs16 is a bit big on canyon. Considering there are only 2 areas to fight you're better off going with 11v11 on those kinds of maps. All-in-all BSID did an okay job but needs more skill.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  11. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Paradox. You seriously are a fucking idiot, and if I wasn't giving you slack for being a new clan, I would have just called it off and never scrimmed you guys unless someone with intelligence was organizing for your clan. This is why:

moving UP an hour means moving FORWARD AN HOUR means MAKING AN EVENT HAPPEN SOONER. Have you ever heard someone use the phrase "lets push this back <some unit of time>"? That's making it happen later. I'm sure you have had a teacher or parent or someone say this and you understand what it means. So use it right! If you move it up, you move it up as in closer to now, as in sooner.

Seriously. http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/back.html. I can understand you being derp, but that is why you use specific times with timezones attached. I honestly should have dropped the whole thing for you being Devourawr 2.0, but instead we made it because we just wanted to play, we didn't really put a lot of effort into it we just figured a game would be nice.

-------------------------------

back on subject :P, I'll start a thread in our forums, just to get the ball rolling then, and you can reply.

12. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

I would consider those more like a recommendation (mainly because we were being pushed at the critical south and north was not going anywhere with 10 people). It was harryhoot's plan to succeed or fail. Mistakes happen and you learn from them; having multiple heads yelling at each other during the game would not have helped.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  13. Trickster

Canyon is, and always will be, a really poor map for scrimming on if you want any sort of meaningful tactics whatsoever.

14. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

problem with canyon is that hill next to nf base which is so much easier to get to for be then the hill next to be base for nf.
    also southwest has that hill which is also easier to get to for BE - as they can take a shorter path almost completely covered by forrests while nf has to take a longer path with open space - north east hasnt anything alike, but at least the area is somewhat balanced.
    anyway all in all i think the map leans towards be.

15. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Canyon = wall off and get arty.

16. Trickster

Canyon sucks for scrims because it's too linear, nothing more. If anything, the map is balanced in favour of BE since the newer version with a much darker background, which benefits BE far more when fighting.

17. Paradox

Lawliet just called me smart, yeahh!

18. barriKada

barriKada Member

1-0.... so, next map is........???

19. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

20. Trickster

And as I said in my earlier post, GMT isn't in use by that point.