Height-Weight-Nationality Poll

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ImSpartacus, Oct 20, 2011.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

one might assume ...

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yeah, yeah, and what's with removing your comment about weight distribution and age?

I was ready to do some regression analysis to get a reasonably accurate function to estimate BMI percentile as a function of age (using that giant data sheet sitting alone on the spreadsheet), but nobody seems to care.

Also, only one other person has provided their waist size. Already have the WHtR thing ready and everything...

How old is Flasche and what size pants does he wear?

3. Mahtipakarat

Mahtipakarat Member

Oh really? which one you mean? the imperial pint of about 56,8cl or us pint of 47,3cl

Here on Finland bars usually have 0,4l and 'big' of 0,5l. But it all depends on what you order, you can get pretty much anything from 0.33l-0.4l as small beer. and 0.5l-0.6l as big, also both pints. But that's all just needless and confusing. Go to the bar and say 'Big beer' and you wont be disappointed.

also on Sweden you can accidentally order more beer if you are drunk at a bar.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

im 32. where would i meassure the waist size? when i meassure as described in wiki its 82, my pants size is 90 (or 35) or actually 92-94 (36-37) depending on brand ...

5. Mahtipakarat

Mahtipakarat Member

oh, add 110cm to my waist size and 23 as age.

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Well, yes there are still strange vestigial systems in use in europe for various traditional situations, but europe has used metric for a very long time. In World War 2, while the british were using '17 pound AT guns' the germans were building '88mm Flak guns'. Even the americans used metric more commonly than britain in ther military engineering, for some strange reason.

The imperial system is named after the british empire, so unless an area was once a colony or dominion of britain, it won't ever have used the imperial system. As most of europe was under the control of the various european powers throughout the past few centuries, and the metric system was invented and used in france for the past two, europe has never used the imperial system.

Also all that really matters legally is that your measures meet the national requirements, so a large beer in norway could well be different from a large beer in germany, but chances are a large beer in two different norwegian pubs will be the same, as it will in two german pubs.

Although, there won't be that much difference simply because there's a limit to how much beer you can comfortably hold in one slightly inebriated hand.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  7. ImSpartacus

For this, I'd take it at your waist, but Wikipedia does note that it should be taken an inch above the naval.

Oh and "wiki" is an improper noun. Wikipedia is a wiki, but Wookipedia is also a wiki. Wikipedia does not own the name "wiki".

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Although 'read it on [the] wiki' does fairly obviously mean the most obvious reference source, generally wikipedia.

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

10. ImSpartacus

The Imperial System is actually different from the US customary system. A lot of people don't know that the US doesn't have a name for it's system of measurements. It's "custom".

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Argh stop discussing comparative measurements! It's disrupting the natural flow of the time stream!

12. ImSpartacus

Don't judge me!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go on my daily trillion beard-second run.

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

A beard-second presumably being the distance the average male beard will grow in one second?

14. Mahtipakarat

Mahtipakarat Member

google it..

1 beard second = 5 nanometers

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Or ten, depending on which physics textbook you consult.

16. ImSpartacus

I consult Google, not some rogue editor on Wikipedia.

17. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

5'9 150pounds

18. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

He’s slowly going to accumulate information on all of us.
    150lbs, 5'7

19. ImSpartacus

I actually just wanted an excuse to get an honest height and weight from Trickster. There was some thread about him being fat and I was curious.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  20. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

You sir, is probably the most brilliant person on this forum.