Hard to see out of NF jeep

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Align, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Because America is the ass-end of the universe for bandwidth.

If you don't live in a city, it's anyone's guess if you can get anything better than 28.8.

I'm lucky to get 56k. The phone companies are only LEGALLY required to provide lines capable of 28.8.

2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

get your congressperson to add it to some bill, here's their speech

blah blah America blah blah when I was a hard working youth blah blah Information technology blah blah China blah blah Tubes blah blah Illegal immigrantes blah blah Education blah blah

3. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

This computer sucks, at least I have 20Mbit cable.

4. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Fucker.

That's what I should tell my Representative (my Senators aren't worth a fuck. They figure out I'm from El Dorado County, and they'll automatically oppose anything I say). I should tell him that the commies have better Internet connections than his district. I think he'd go apeshit.

This is why having a conservative representative is a good thing. All you have to do is say "WTF man? The commies got it better! This ain't right!", and things magically happen.

5. Caelo

Caelo Member

oh and record/tape it will ya? :D

6. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I really should.

It'd provide endless amusement. I'd stream it from the fios I'd get from it.

7. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

What NEEDS to happen is two things:

You either fully support your product, or you don't sell it at all (I will explain below)
    Remove the need to get approval for a company to supply service for a given area.

Now to explain...Some of you know I am in college and move between college (apartment) and home...at my appt, I get Comcast, fluctuates between 7 mbit and 20 mbit down, around 1.5-2 mbit up. Best connection I have ever been on really...At home, I am on POS local cable company, who supply internet, but the internet service comes from a different company. The service is unreliable (around 8 PM I was getting 100 kbit, now I'm up to 2 mbit, my family pays for 7 mbit.) Now, if I call PTD (the ISP) they will say I need to call blue ridge cable (the cable company) and have a technician come out. The tech will come out, check the noise on the line, say it looks fine, check the noise at the street node, say it looks fine, replace a cable that doesn't need replacing, blame PTD and leave. I'll call PTD and say blue ridge blames them, they blame blue ridge, I swear and hang up. THAT is why the law should be: you sell it, YOU support it. If it fails, YOU are at fault.

As far as the whole thing of needing authorization to supply a given region, if they would open the market up, then more than Blue Ridge and my phone company would be competing for my money, and the shitty companies like blue ridge would either wise up, or go under as companies like Verizon and Comcast moved it.

8. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

/me applauds

9. eth0

eth0 Member

I've got the feeling that the "Senior Members" have thus far just sucked this up and the Juniors, IMHO are simply expressing certainly what i feel, yes the NF jeep is a bitch with it's forward blind-spot.

As the BE jeeps have only 2 seats (driver + 1 passenger) and NF 4, i'd be happy to sacrifice a front jeep seat on the NF jeep to have it centered up (leaving 2 rear seats).

My two-groats.

10. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Or simply flip the roll bar 180 degrees. The roll bar in back has a great spacing between the two posts than the front does.

I'd either give up a seat or see the roll bar flipped around...that, or give the NF jeep greater traction or something to make up for the blind spot.

11. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Zig zag navigation is way safer than straight line driving, the bar kind of forces you to. If you want to drive straight up a missile, do it with your own money.