Good Job Empires Mod

Discussion in 'General' started by SnakeDFox, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

So like the original way the weapons zoomed?

2. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

3. Beerdude26

This was the case with NF and BE Rifle, and in lesser amount with the BE and NF HR

4. Sitka

Sitka Member

How can you not love those AA style sights on the NFHMG though - even though you can't actually use those sights.

And to everyone hating on sights - remember that while some of them might be a bit crap, ironsights are "supposed" limit your FOV and be reasonably designed for easy targeting.

And for the love of fuck please do not ever implement this over the ironsight system. Why would you want that? Just don't.

5. FN198

FN198 Member

The above refers to pretty much every balancing or feature removal since 2.12. Changing things like commander targets, removing building spotting ability... things that change the game toward what you want it to be, rather than what makes it distinct and consistent with its essence. Not to name names or anything, but most of these changes seem like they were heavily influenced by that one guy who wanted to remove the commander who also happened to be close with the production team, having produced content of his own. This isn't about my vision for the mod vs. theirs, or even yours though, please don't get that impression. This is about what makes the game objectively distinct and those unique elements that are the key to the success of the mod. This is what I refer to when I talk about winning the game the empiresmod way.

Make me a mod.

6. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

No, thank you.

7. FN198

FN198 Member

If you followed the rules you'd have nothing to worry about, McGyver.

8. Beerdude26

Completely agree. Removal of comm targets and its replacement, the abomination that was autospotting were some pretty bad ideas. I raged hard at MOOtant for that, but I was told we could replace it with a better system (surprise, MOOtant wasn't interested). You'll be happy to know that we're prototyping a new commanding system that we hope will allow for really, really fast macromanagement, with plenty of optional micromanagement stuff as well.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  9. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I dont have a problem on the HMG's other than I want to deploy them so fucking bad.

Its rifle 1 and 2

Because NF rifle one you got a giant ass cross in the middle of the circle and the cross is covering over the person and hides in the blind spot of the cross. Naturally this doesn't apply to when they are close but you cant do long range fights with it unless you are hip firing because the iron sight covers the person and you cant see them. Why not just remove the cross and have an empty circle. That way you can just position your gun and have the enemy inside of the circle instead of being obscured by a cross.

Now with NF rifle 2, that that little circle with the hole in the middle of it is stupid. Why not just hollow out the circle and have half a circle instead of a whole circle for it. You can place peoples heads on it easier and it will work like a semi rifle better.

The Bren weapons are not as bad, when I aim down the sights I can line up shots better because the iron-sights doesn't cover my target at all I just place the black box on the body of the enemy and fire. This applies to 1 and 2 since the second one is basically rifle 1 with less ammo and better accuracy. But what I want is to take out those two other bumps and just the one bump at the end of the gun.

What I want isn't changing anything or doing a zoom just how the model looks.

[​IMG]

See the modern guns that have holographic sights are transparent so you get a giant red cross in the middle of the gun but you can see through that red line. But on NF1 its solid fucking metal you can't see through that. Same with NF2 you can't see anything unless its in that tiny ass circle. Bottom line, a gun should not be taking up half of your screen when aiming down the sights.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Looks neat Big Teef. Personally never bother with iron sights because it is always better to keep moving, that 2 seconds to line it up and take it away really sucks. Having that half circle on the nf2 might make want to take more often, for sure.

11. Beerdude26

[​IMG]
    oh god yeesssssss

12. Empty

Empty Member

The problem with deploying MGs is the same issue we have with making prone accuracy high on them.

they very quickly become the best fucking gun in the game because of massive clip and rate of fire.

The problem with MGs is, like in real life, they're REALLY fucking good on open ground at long range. But in real life you have to worry about the logistics of carrying an MG, supplying it with ammo, maintaining it, not to mention the cost and what happens when it falls into enemy hands.

In empires we face NONE of those downsides to an MG. The only potential nerf would be to make an MG carrying soldier significantly slower. But that's something we've never done in empires before.

As it stands we simply don't have enough ways to *hurt* the MG to allow us to buff it into a usable state.

13. BigTeef

Why not allowing iron sights in prone position?
    No deploying just allowing iron sights

14. Empty

Empty Member

Same problem, the second you make the HMG have decent accuracy and damage it's just gonna become OP as fuck.

15. BigTeef

What about an over heating mechanic similar to DOD.

Edit: Im not sure if I was reading correctly, but I wasn't suggesting a buff to the mg, just giving iron sights an option.
    Im not sure if iron sights actually makes the gun and spray more accurate all I know is your putting your eye up to the gun so you can aim better.
    And just hoping the gun will hit it after you pull the trigger.
    Because far as I know, the guns feel the same when im using iron sights vs without. Its just another method for me to aim.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  16. Empty

Empty Member

Ironsights buff accuracy at the expense of field of view and movement speed.

This is a commonly known mechanic in virtually every game where ironsights are present.

17. BigTeef

Okay, how about just making it an aesthetic feature?
    Like seriously it does nothing other than look different.

Kinda like how people put thier gun sideways in hl1 Brainbread.

18. Empty

Empty Member

Code:
    	//Multiply base weapon spread by this value when in Ironsight view.
    	//Default value is 0.75
    	"IronsightJumpSpread"		"0.85"
    	"IronsightStandSpread"		"0.85"
    	"IronsightDuckSpread"		"0.85"
    	"IronsightProneSpread" 		"0.85"
    We won't change it to be aesthetic because then only retards would ironsight, why would you trade a red crosshair that doesn't lie for ironsights the bob and weave (and are just wrong on certain guns)

19. BigTeef

Add a zoom feature, and people will develop tunnel syndrome.
    The mg can see farther at the risk of blinding their sides.

Edit: I just thought for making the player slower for using the mg.
    Have it drain stamina for just moving and firing.

Not sure if people move slower while the stam bar is depleted, but we could physically create a turrant.
    That dream can become a reality for some people.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  20. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

You clearly don't rush in with an hmg and rambo often enough, stamina drain is already there. and yes you do move slower with no stam.