=GK= Vs .::FB::.

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Trid3nt, Aug 10, 2006.

1. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Doobie's?

2. =GK= Darkstar

=GK= Darkstar Member

Bloody hell, whats with all the crying, its a game guys :)

=GK= were well organised, more than last time and we had subs, we still didnt have more than 80% of GK members with real Empires experience but it was more than last time against BSID.

=GK= were in the server and ready, I was even a stand by and i dropped out as it was a 7 v 7.

We had a plan, we stuck to it and we won easily, we all said good game after it.
    The =GK= tactics were bang on and executed perfectly.

I think games are boring too when I lose bad, (cant believe that comment)

Also to the guy talking about which GMT we were talking about GMT is the time zone of the UK and you dont have another GMT 0 , the GMT line runs right down through London, so there is no mistake if = GK= say 1pm GMT that means 1 pm London time, you cant get it wrong.

Thor was not allowed to spectate as never will be as he came to our forums with some "flame" posts and hes not welcome at any match to spectate until he learns to behave himself.

Im sorry if we are a little bit upset by the comments after both matches we have played, but we play in multi game tournys and ladders and we just never see this type of comment after matches.

We are like Good Game and thats it done.

Pre match banter is good fun as long as it doesnt get into flame territory but post game slagging or excuse making is something we dont do, on our forums or the other clan.

I guesss its just we must play more scrims or something.

3. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

Londen is at GMT +1 right now due to day light savings time ;) (don't beleive the microsoft clock, its wrong)

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ then click on the UK British flag for London time

Anyhow yeh, well I don't think any of us were trying to insult you after the match lol

..we all just went a bit critical about our own tactics, anyhow gj on your 1st empires clan win :D

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

LOL. It was gg on your side. Who's crying? It was just gayest game I ever seen (that's about our team's part). Excuses: tbh that's our private thing. With all the shit that happened this match shouldn't be played at all.

About GMT: the same thing as the_6th_monkey wrote.

About GG and stuff: it was supposed to be 7vs7. Most of the time it was 5 vs 5. I think that we should make some rules about how many players can be absent during match (like 2 or more = forfeit). We made strategy exactly for 7 people. Yes, it was our fault and stuff.

All of our comments aren't to explain that we are better than you or anything.

5. Thor

Thor Member

Wierd. I spectated the game no problem. But it's alright continue your little kiddie attitude rules. =)

6. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

O yeah, I was laying on the beach catchin some rays. Sounds like it was really unorganized on our part......... This is the first time I could get online in over a week. yeah bo I have been outside the box.

Anyways good job GK, I wish I was there, hopefully we will have another one soon. I had asked for it to not be this weekend due to my vacation (shrugs) and am sorry I missed out. Maybe next time.

I'm on my moms mac right now and unlike the commercials say...... they don't do all that stuff easy as pie, heck this one likes to random freeze checking email. Not to mention the single mouse button. Nasty

ROOR:20

If there "little kiddy attitude" is in reply to your childish antics then so be it, it fits. =P

7. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Actually there is the US time zone GMT. "General Mountain Time" Though most people just say mountain time. So for people who don't realize where your from can get confused where the GMT is exactly. Just include US, or EU time after the GMT to clear things up for people. (I am included in the list of people who can't seem to get timezones right everytime)

Seems to be something of a rivalry between [BSID] and =GK= ever since that first clan match.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  8. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

The confusion with times is that Britain is currently in British Summer Time (BST) which I believe is GMT + 1 or something.

Oh, and please don't add kindling to the flames.

9. Simon

Simon Banned

Didn't thor flame in a forum section that was dedicated to flaming? Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition. It's not like if we get ingame we won't even play with GK members and grief and stuff. I play with people from GK all the time we have fun. It's not like you guys didn't talk shit before the game. You asked for it. ORLY? Ya, really.

10. ^Dee^

hoki doki. Keep this to PM or to your own forums or whatever, I don't care. Keep it off these forums.

11. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

General mountain time. LOL. What idiot invented it? GMT aka UTC is and only thing understood on whole world.

12. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Now thats what I call a stupid reply. Thats like me saying nobody uses the metric system. Everyone only uses the US customary unit system. When someone over here says GMT we don't think of some distant far away time zone. We think localy. If your going to insult us then try to keep your opinions to yourself.

13. ^Dee^

I don't see where he insulted anyone with his reply. You on the other hand, well, the "stupid reply" remark was certainly not needed.

14. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

But GMT is the world time. There's no escaping from it. :D It's not only an European thing. It's the global standard. The confusion come from daylight savings time. I actually missed the =GK= vs. .:FB:. match for this very reason, I mixed up the timezones. :)

Does this mountain time somehow relate to Rocky Mountains?

15. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I don't see any insult here except insult to someone who made a confusing name. (90% of the world uses GMT as greenwich mean time) Almost everyone knows that there are 2 unit systems (popular, there are more special units systems btw) metric and british/american. But noone else than some USA people can know what is that general mountain thing.

16. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Sorry if I jumped down your throat there. Was a bit angry when I wrote it. However my point was that here in the US we have a time zone called GMT. (Yes I believe may partain to the rocky mountains.) It's between the the Central and Pacific time zones. And when someone says GMT. I instictively think here in the US. I suppose I have to agree that whomever made the second GMT is indeed an idiot. (Weather it be the european or US one)

PS: Don't do forum posts angry. We should all hold hands and sing kumbia.... Then shoot each other in the back on Empires. :D

17. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

If I hear someone say GMT, I think Greenwich Mean Time. It's not an American thing, it's just a... Thing. I don't know.

Does it really matter?

18. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

I live in Colorado USA and well we are in mountian time. Time is one of those things that is pretty much standard =].

When telling a date when you will pick her up -> Local time
    When organizing groups of people accross the world -> http://wwp.GreenwichMeanTime.com/ <- Click this

If everybody looks at the same clock it will stop 100% of the confusion.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  19. Vlade

Vlade Member

FB lost? Shocking o.0 *Im not being sarcastic for once! Hurrah!*

20. =GK= Darkstar

=GK= Darkstar Member

*sighs

Ive never known a public forum where you get deleted for saying a normal adult thing just because somebody doesnt agree, why have a public forum?