=GK= Vs .::FB::.

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Trid3nt, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

edit: we got enough people now, and my Empires works with another video card but performance is veeery bad so I can only specate.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  2. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

...and even worse phl just announced the match :eek: yarghhh!

K we need some fb members stat :D

Edit:nevermind we got some peeps

3. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Well me and thor are still without a password to get in. That and the match is starting late. (Appears to be on GK's server)

4. Doobie

Doobie Ancient Tester

Post any updates from the match, Hope it's going well.

5. Thor

Thor Member

It's over. Probably the most depressing clan match thatll ever happen. M00tant forfeited for FB, and only like half a around was played. So I guess GK wins 2 nothing. I'll upload my demos soon

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

7. Thor

Thor Member

8. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

This was the worst scrim in the history of Empires :(

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

lol,,, that sucks,,

10. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

And I missed it by a mile(fucking timezones). :( Oh well. I'll just cry over these .dems. I wish I could've watched it though...

Edit: Dizzy your link is fucked up. Please make it point to the file not this forums. :p

11. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Well perhaps it was best I didn't get the password, and record the match.

12. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Ouch. This was posted on Planet Half-Life too =/

EDIT: Updated calender entry.

13. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

It was so gay that you shouldn't even watch the demos. :P Good coordination on GK side. 2 players left us just before the match. We lost one side of the map in 2nd minute so the rest was just hopeless. We didn't have enough people and time to use planned strategy so I forfeited the 2nd match.

It's a mirracle that we played this match at all with all those people with fucked up computers. I hope we can play normally 7/8 players in one side in 1-2 weeks.

14. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

It seems that the clan games have gotten a bit of a wobbly start. On the first clan match GK didn't have enough people with Empires experience and now... Well what the hell happened this time?

Edit: It sound like I should've taken JJs offer. :p

15. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

meh we had many problems with this match, some people didn't show up last minute and another had computer problems so we were down by a few players a lot of the game, also the tactics seemed to go down the toilet, for whatever reason we had no nodes, no vf, and no radar built until after the 1st 10 minutes of the match. We effectively told to run by them at the start so I don't think that helped either :(

16. Aurora

We lost a fair game, but it wasn't the FB players' fault. Ironically, it was my fault even if I didn't play. I announced the match only 4 or 5 days in advance, and I was supposed to train the team to get used to my battle plan. However, Steam broke as I said, and I could not play. I fixed it with changing to an older video card, but I got 3-5 FPS, eliminating my chance to do anything efficient in the match, therefore I did not participate.

We had 7 members signed up for the match, but it was announced early hence we had no reserves. Also, a big number of key members were not informed about the match and didn't have any idea about it, because I relied on a squad leader to inform them about it. However, this squad leader is the mentioned member who lost his computer some days ago. When he PMed me from a friend's computer, it was too late to try to inform his squad members. The match was starting in 2 hours... I did try, let it be said.

We did get 7 players in the match, however some of these (particularly new recruits) left in the middle of the game for no reason. We ended up having a 5vs5 because of the leavers, which was also a blow to our success. Our battle plan was designed for 7 players, and each one had an assigned role. Squads moved together as they were supposed to, but lacked a few important members, who were the ones to have left in middle of the match.

So I announced the match too early. Compare this match to jumping off a building, hoping to survive. And you don't know how high the building is.

17. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Also blame my wireless connection which gave out just beofore a last ditch attack in an afv. (The route was completely clear)

18. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

BTW Hopes were set a bit too high by posting info on PHL. Few hours before I was completely sure of forfeit but there was pressure to play even without being sure that everyone can play.

19. Thor

Thor Member

first match shouldve been on PHL. That was the best so far

20. Aurora

Yeah. Whose bright idea was it to announce THIS match on PHL?