Getting rid of nukes

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Nutcase, Aug 2, 2006.

1. WolfsLoveRage

WolfsLoveRage Member

Is he in the NAVY? I am from ARMY Infantry. We have low yield nukes called bunker busters... (Or is that Air Force...) they go thru the ground into several feet and then explode with a low yield. However some say we still should not use them because some of the radiation can still escape out of the ground although small.

So have we concluded with out a doubt that it is or is not actual nuke rounds and are more like Uranium rounds instead? And isn't Uranium part of a nuke anyway? ;) This is in the future anyway I am guessing plus a game so I mean it isn't like you can not say they could not have low yield nukes in weapons. I just want to make sure that the nuke actually reflects the weapon it self, rather than it is just a powerful name and "nuke" is a powerful weapon...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  2. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Alright, dude, here's the idea:

Depleted Uranium rounds don't actually explode. They're just damn heavy and damn hard, and can pierce armor like no one's business.

On the other hand, nuclear weapons (not necessarily made from Uranium, btw) actually have to EXPLODE and... y'know... make one of those mushroom cloud dealies.

Even bunker buster bombs are pretty powerful, and the only reason they don't cause tons of damage is the ground is there to absorb a lot of the blast. But it will ruin your bunker. Actually, it'll make your bunker stop existing, but that's alright.

Oh, bunker busters aren't meant for small bunkers.

3. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Depleted uranium rounds contaminate the area near the hit a bit since although they're depleted they still radiate a bit(and dust like radioactive fragments are bound to fly out of the impact spot). :) Are we done educating people?

4. WolfsLoveRage

WolfsLoveRage Member

Was that intended towards me? You are not telling me any thing new. You could tell me this though, does the actual nuke rounds in game actually explode or even act like nukes besides just being a more powerful round?

5. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

The depleted uranium rounds don't explode, they're just AP.

The nuke, on the other hand, causes an explosion much too small to be a nuke, but bigger than anything else in the game.

6. BoF

BoF Member

Like I said, give it a different name. We all can call it a nuke because of its power, but in the Empires universe its called something else besides a nuke.

How about MOAM: Mother of All Missiles?