[G4TC] Veteran players are important

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I came in 2.11 ololol

2. Empty

Empty Member

2.12fag

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I'll prolly throw my name in the hat, considering I've been an admin for a year and I've been playing for the past couple months now.

Incidentally, we need to kick unassigned people after 6 minutes or so. And this is going to be complete hell if the server always reads 56/50 and no one can ever join because these vets never leave.

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i wish to be excluded from this list server-wise

this seems to be something that due to a lack of English knowledge i would call "arrogance" : / and something i cannot stand behind, im sorry recon, i respect you and the other server managers wholeheartedly, but i believe this is something i simply cannot support with my name in the list and i prefer to wait for a slot like anyone else does, even if this means i have the chance of being kicked out from times to times

im not saying you are evil and that i demand this function to be taken off the server though (since i obviously do not have that authority, and because i feel like forcing people to do as i please is just as bad), just that i dont want to be a part of it (since my name was already in the ESG list)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

6. Razorbud

Razorbud Coder

This is going to put new people off empires, when they get kicked - before they've gotten properly hooked like the rest of us.

Kick the vets instead to support population growth :p

7. Deiform

Deiform Member

Yeah, I hate playing on DoD:S servers and getting kicked after 2 minutes because a vet gets that slot. I just don't go on that server again. Then again it would help seed the g4tc main server....

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i have to agree with the above. reserved slots should only be given to admins but not used unless its improtant either (which usually is never)

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm sorta against this if it uses the kick-system. There's usually the system where the extra slot is hidden, so you end up with 51/50, but other res slot users can't use it until it goes down to 50/50. And it doesn't kick anyone.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

No thanks, i'll enjoy getting kicked.

11. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

We wanted to show our appreciation from the players that have been loyal to the mod over time.

Also keep in mind the reserve slots don't have to used. But we wanted to give the vets the option to do so.

We also appreciate new players and hope they become future vets, but at the same time we wanted the vets to know they are appreciated as well and are important because they are the ones that keep the mod alive IMO.

12. flasche

sry vicki but i have to call that naive ...

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Theres no need for apologies here ,flashe
    Thats is as naive as it gets

That or its just bs propaganda

14. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Yes you indicated that it quite possibly takes longer.

15. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Well the reason I say that is I never use mine, neither does Sparky and many of the vets already have reserved slots and I know for a fact a several choose not to use theirs either. So it was said out of fact not naivety or propraganda

16. flasche

@Z100000M: vicki always been a very polite and considerate person and has to be treated that way :o

17. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Thank you Flasche

18. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

If we find new players are being kicked on regular basis due to reserve slots, we will reconsider. we too want the community to grow. This was done with good intentions but if the outcome becomes negative. It can easily be reversed.

19. Deiform

Deiform Member

Diversifying the community in status can only bring isolation.

If you want to show your appreciation to the veterans then get rid of the awful maps, generate a plug-in to allow rating of maps, or give us some cake. Don't punish new additions to the community... I see the sentiment, but I feel it's not the correct path that should be taken. Whilst we can have vet only PUGs hosted on the server at set times, giving them consistently a higher 'status' I only see making trouble. You'll end up with situations where the leading guy on a team will get kicked because he joined right when the round started, or kick someone who is hosting an interesting conversation in-game.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  20. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

Ex-fucking-actly

This is just a fucking circle jerk of idiots who need others to tell them that they are a vet. Oh hey everyone, you're a vet, you're a vet, you're a vet and I'm a vet, let's fucking get reserve slots because we're fucking vets!

This would have been okay, if you picked players to have reserved slots who are actually good or at least have been recognized to be exceptionally skilled.
    On the list I see 5 names that would be worth categorizing as good. Chances are the "non-worthy" players will increase as most vets just have the game installed in the background and don't play it for months.

Kicking out new players that want to learn the game for some old fuck who's probably gonna go spec and wait until a team with his clan or the more stacked team has less players is absolutely fucking retarded.