FrieNDS

Discussion in 'Clans' started by FN198, Jan 4, 2012.

1. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

this is true-ish yet hillarious. Where these 12 be? Can I just propose this here first... The hordes of @ vs the mighty legions of MAD. I think cyber and Kenji could take bitchslap and Mr Candles.

2. FN198

FN198 Member

don't diss sundiver, yo.

i've only been in 4 clans, and i wasn't really in EPIC but i scrimmed with them once with a bsid tag. BSID, EPIC, JPL, Deathsquad[*]|.\\ (the same clan, pretty much). i'll be honest just for you, though. FrieNDS doesn't exist. the reason FrieNDS doesn't exist is not because it was never real or because i was never serious (believe me, i was). the reason this clan isn't real is because it would never be able to become real. in order for a clan to become real, it needs gametime. clans need to scrim with other clans to exist, as clans. call me crazy or a conspiracy theorist or whatever but there has got to be a reason that i can never get a scrim with anyone other than EPIC, and not even them after they started losing rounds to my group. duststorm, canyon. both ties, but you could tell where it was headed.

just as much as epic never lost to the consortium, the consortium ceased to lose against epic.

we scrimmed meg and "rage" a couple times and then meg swore to never even consider scrimming us again. after the second scrim between |.\\ and |RAGE|, paradox disbanded his clan. you might think that the consortium was treated differently because we were stubborn or unsportsmanlike but that was differently not the case. we played scrims against EPIC on their terms, and scrims against MEG on their terms. we did not tout our victories or parade with the scalps of our enemies either. we simply gg'd and that was that.

the consortium could have joined the hall of fame [ bsid,jpl,cw,epic ] but due to community politics, they faded into obscurity.

|.\\ proves that the best way to kill a clan is to kill the game it plays. rip competitive empires. your heyday is long gone

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

^truth, except |RAGE| wasn't disbanded because of you, it died because I was in it.

4. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

true-ish again. Although, I'm curious who the official mouthpiece of MEG is and when that mouthpiece swore about anything empires related. I've stated numerous times that I'm not interested in "scrimming" the most recent cool kid all-star team of ringers, dual-clanners, and poached members of the more organicaly and honestly grown clans. Whether that be consortium I or moo's consortium. At one time I worked really hard recruiting and developing unaffiliated players and having honest competition. Other than trickster and epic (who I was almost ready for when the legion fags left) I have found few other honest organization (take that back. Mad love for jpl to the degree they exist). I got sick of scheduling and following through sham clans and their dirty tricks. Consortium for the greater community as well as RAGE and legion ruined it for me. That's what killed competitive empires

5. FN198

FN198 Member

remember jpl poached a good deal and meg oft used ringers. they'll deny it but wmg and trickster pull the strings when it comes to the clan scene. the opinions or positions you have or don't know that you have are because of their influence, directly or indirectly.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

k this is just a scrim team guys
    naw i was lying wear my tag bitch
    wtf quit jpl join my clan ho

7. FN198

FN198 Member

there won't be any room made (allowed) for a clan that can surpass epic. jpl must instinctively know better than to even try because they don't seem to care. unfortunately meg exists solely to take a beating every now and then like the old cw as a kind of worf effect.

8. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Hobbes beat me to it, but I doubt anyone ever swore to never scrim the consortium ever. Also, we had a miniscrim on emp_hobbies a while back. What more can you ask for?

Also complete get on my level ho.

9. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

You're right. That's why I blocked the JPL-bookcase merger and tried to prevent you from recruiting anyone without a tag. I always felt that the empires community wouldn't progress if a single clan just took all of the good players. For example, I was critical of trickster for stealing aridian from MEG, after suggesting Catch-22 should get him to join then making a lame excuse when trickster found out he was actually better than he thought. This is also why I have always been willing to join growing clans (as opposed to simply joining EPIC or JPL). Sadly, this is one of the main reasons I left Consortium as FN wanted to make the whole Empires community "wear his tag."

Hobbes' opinions of Consortium's recruitment and sportsmanship is the direct result of FN's selfishness. It is blatantly obvious after I left Consortium because that's when FN went "all-out" on stealing JPL, BSID, MEG, etc. He forced dual-clanners to choose between their respective, inactive clans and an EPIC-defeating Consortium, though he allowed some exceptions for those he direly wanted but couldn't keep (e.g. Sgt. Security, Corpsegrinder).

FN is the number one reason why we cannot have a competitive community within Empires. Trickster is a distance second for a couple of different reasons as well.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  10. FN198

FN198 Member

totally. me and my one man clan are perfectly capable of singlehandedly destroying empires.

get real.

the push for consolidation was an attempt to combat the pressures that were crushing us. if we gained enough members to be solely affiliated with the consortium against epic then the playing ground could be even for once. there would be no leverage against either of us and we could negotiate on much leveler terms. instead jpl and meg became pawns that were later used against us.

11. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

The Empires competitive scene is a twisting enigma of intrigue, betrayal, hate, anger, sorrow and backstabbing, culminating into a tangled web of allies and enemies, where one can only be certain of themselves and their foes, but never their friends. This complex maze of underhanded agreements and forced treaties forces all our hands collectively into a single massive melee, where the first to strike is the first to win and he who does not ally with the winner is left behind on the wayside to rot and be picked clean by the vultures and scavengers of the community.

Thus is the history of Empires. And such will be its fate too, unless...

If the players so choose to untangle the web, to put aside what grudges and preconceptions they have of themselves and each other, if they decide to start refreshed and work together instead of in opposition, then a new dawn will arrive on this war-torn field of strife and hatred. The players of tomorrow shall judge the ones of today, for history reveals the truths in all and although the past is set in stone, the future is malleable clay. The question is, shall we leave it the way it is to harden into whatever shape nature chooses, or do we seize the day and mold our futures into brilliant sculptures?

Peace, my friends.

P.S. The fuck did I type all that bullshit up for? I'm too damn tired to think straight right now...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  12. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Because I'm blaming FrieNDS :rolleyes:

That's a lie. You know that none of the other JPL members that haven't joined us yet wouldn't play anyway. Those JPL members were either inactive or didn't care about Empires scrims. Secondly, ROOR explicitly stated that he would only agree if JPL could maintain their sub-clique with their own recruitment. The idea that we would gain "members to be solely affiliated with the consortium" was never true with the merger. You just wanted more veterans (despite their attendance) to bolster your roster and e-peen.

QFT. Hence, I'll go back to FN being the #1 reason why the Empires community cannot have a competitive community.

13. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

Mr. Candles?

14. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

We all know he's mr die.

Moving onwards, hopefully if this patch comes out in the next decade we'll see a revival in vets, meaning a revived competitive scene.

No one person is to blame, but rather a series of events that were orchestrated by multiple people occured and any semblance of competitive friendliness disappeared.

15. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Yeah the friendliness is what I miss the most really, even if Thor was yelling in a thread "EVERYTHING IS NIGGERS", in-game everyone was cool with each other

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Wait people are serious about the hate? I thought everyone on here was a bunch of jokers, these things are just too retarded to actually be serious, I know for a fact FN was having a laugh when he did his Project Mayhem thing.

17. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

no hate. Just simple recognition of the cause of no more scrims.

18. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

As hobbes said, there is no hate. I have played APB:R with FN many times after the Consortium split. It is simply stating the root cause of our problems.

19. FN198

FN198 Member

no hate, just a repitition of misinformation hoping that quantity can triumph over truth^

20. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Epic was formed cause trickster omneh and one other guy that i forgot werent invited into Ghost clan. Their will never be only one clan cause their are always people that dont like the attitude or image of the "major" clan. Bsid, cw and jpl have a distinctive image and attitude. Later epic joined them because they represented the newbies. All the new clans after them did not have anything that unite or attract people so their leaders went on hunting for newbies.

I miss the old days when bsid cw jpl and maybee later epic meant something, you knew that those 4 bsid guys on the enemy team were up to troube and you hopped that those jpls in specs counterstacked. CW were usually nice people that everyone could get along with. Their was a meaning behind those clan tags. It was not only about winning scrims it was about attitude.