FrieNDS

Discussion in 'Clans' started by FN198, Jan 4, 2012.

1. communism

communism poof

meh wasnt that cyberkun failing
    bsid was pretty shit in 2.12 iirc

2. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Thought it was clear that we aren't using ringers, just using new members of MEG that wanted to join. These guys came before they were told of a scrim with the exception of Lawliet, and we more or less just recruited players into one of the only clans in Empires that lasts longer than a month actively.

We have a server, we're the most active, and by default we are currently the best clan in Empires. If people want to join I don't see why we should discourage it.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Lawliet has been in MEG, or at least scrimmed with them for like 3 years, longer than he's even been in EPIC iirc.

4. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

herp derp. Hobbes, why aren't you on the roster? Why don't you command buddy?

You know, we can not prune our list too. I'm sure FN would love to scrim the best and most active clan of empires, he was BSID once too (prolly longer than Lawliet has ever worn that MEG tag). Could probably rope moojuice in for the lulz. Be careful when boasting THE BEST simply because the betters have moved on, especially when the betters are notorious trolls :).

5. Trickster

bro nah, we had you guys a couple of times. We never played BSID in 2.12, only 2.2, but we stuffed them anyway.

6. communism

communism poof

i dun think we ever scrimmed in 2.12, you were scurred remember

7. Trickster

Nah we played like 4 rounds. 2 we beat you, and out of the other 2 (which were on your server) we were about to lose one when the server crashed, and the other round could have gone either way, and then the server crashed.

8. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

I quit EPIC and joined MEG. Just saying. I've already discussed the details with Trickster and I'll have to reapply to EPIC if I want to get back in. But starting in March I won't be playing Empires.

9. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Whyyyyyyy?

10. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

ya, whats wrong with you??? :)

11. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

first you are a part of it for the past few years, now you "quit EPIC". Yea lol troll. Troll ringer is troll. IF MEG wanted a PUG all they had to do was ask. I can see they just don't have the confidence to scrim. Last time they wanted a scrim, they showed up with SIX players, and everyone else was missing, so I can understand you guys trying to stem your clan cowardice.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

big man on campus.

13. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

Not even a few years sadly. More like a year on-and-off. And yes. I quit EPIC. People can quit their clan anytime they want. Who gives 2 fucks. It's Empires.

Reminds me of that time I trolled you into letting me back into BSID. Shit was fun.

Who would invite BSID to a PUG? Reminds me of the time EPIC had one of their internal clan scrims and they decided to invite you guys. EPIC+BSID vs EPIC+PRKL. PRKL won. GG.

Then why is MEG actually cooperating with you on organizing this? And why are you setting the date very far away? Too afraid to scrim with the rest of your clan not being there?

And??? Your point? That was more than a year ago and MEG has grown since then. Everyone starts out on a rough patch when it comes to actually organizing players but they learn from their mistakes and bad habits.

If MEG has a lack of cowardice, than why are they scrimming you in the first place? Sounds to me like you guys are afraid you might actually "lose". MEG picking up new members just means they're picking up all the guys that quit MEG cause they chose to join those temporary clans like consortium and consortium 2.0. I mean, it's free agency. Grab them while you can.

If fucking Dwayne Wade went out as a free agent, who wouldn't try to get him? Is it wrong for clans to trade players with each other or steal members from other clans? No. Fucking get over it and scrim.

You've already done some recruiting yourself and managed to pick up a drunk furry and an EnT player. Good luck scrimming when you can't hear yourself over a drunk screaming in his microphone.

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

i just skimmed over everything, but all i have to say is that meg is bad

15. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Afaik BSID usually only agreed to scrims they thought they cant lose. Someone once posted a long detailed post about it, cant find it but I think its 100% true. The bully like behavior of the early BSID attracted people that are just in it to win ( I dont say all of them are like this). They want to feel superior and roflstomp others. At the slightest sign of failure those guys usually try to find excuses not to scim and if the situation doesnt change they will leave. Every clan has people like that, usually those which join the clan when its number one but the image and attitude of the early BSID is like honey for flys for those people.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

C U in April

17. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Right, thats why we scrimmed you guys whenever we could. We won some, lost some, maybe won more than we lost but we were pretty well matched. When we beat you in under 3 minutes on Canyon, was that us knowing we could win against you cause you were weak and didn't have your mommy's skirts to hide behind?

Mayama, my resoning is simple:

1.Trickster says Lawliet has been part of MEG for 3 years, Lawliet then says "just joined", now it's a year. Obv bullshit is obv.

2. Lawliet has hardly ever bothered to wear the meg tag before (which before I even commented on it, he suddenly started displaying prominently and permanently).

Lawliet you are going to troll that this is same old as the past year, don't change your behavior. Lawliet is joining MEG for the lulz, everyone can see that, and I can easily call him on his shit :). Which he is obviously upset about as well, as you can see him try and deflect my post on every possible point to change the subject. Fail. Poor troll, did Trickster teach you nothing? Spout what you want, MEG knows they can't win, add ringers who fail troll and hope to look LEGIT. Off to a sad start.

Whatevs Lawliet, see you on the 18th.

18. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

MEG hasn't even been around for 3 years, as far as I can tell, it was created in 4th of September, 2010. But still, Lawliet was one of the first to join it.
    [​IMG]

Sure he left later but he rejoined again in march then left against six months later and has been in and out since then. And even when he wasn't actually in the group I still saw him attending to scrim practices and other gatherings.

19. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

You aren't supposed to be required to wear a tag patton. We don't follow BSIDs method of labeling themselves to the community.

I was referring to me being in EPIC for around a year and quitting on-and-off. I've always been an honorary MEG member. After all, I did command their first clan match and I showed up to every event they've had since then.

I'm done with EPIC for the time being. They have ceased activity until they get a patch. MEG hasn't added any ringers. They've simply recruited more people that either left their clans or haven't been in a clan since their's died (e.g. Consortium+Legion).

I can accuse you of picking up ringers since you already managed to get your hands on an [EnT] member but I won't. Clans go inactive and their members join other clans. It's the circle of life. Deal with it bitch.

20. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

We've actually lost more members that we've gained. Legion took a third of our active players, and the group still hasn't managed to recover the numbers.

On the whole Lawliet thing. I wasn't in MEG when it was created but I have invited Lawliet to a few training sessions and he has been a ringer for us. Lawliet has been in the group since I joined and since leaving EPIC has started wearing the tags.

I know that you might have a problem with him being on our team because you expected to find a group that essentially runs slightly above par pubbers, that once each good member is trained they are scooped up by another clan, but that's changing, and it's a change I've been striving for since I joined. If you really want to fight someone you can be sure of winning then I suggest you look elsewhere.