Fml

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sprayer2708, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

As some of you probably recognized, I was not playing empires for the last few weeks. This is because I moved to Berlin where I work now and I don't have internetz at home yet.

But living in a new place always gives some inspiration, in this case, I just get rid of a sketch which in another way I would not be able to unthink.

[​IMG]

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I actually lol'd.

3. Magnus_

Magnus_ Member

There are children starving and dying in Africa, South Koreans being shelled by their northern counterparts, New Zealanders trapped in collapsed mines, and suicide bombers in Pakistan...and yet you complain about not having internet at home.

Think about others for a change, you insensitive bastard. </rant>

Also, can you beat your sensei?

4. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what does white belt mean?

5. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I think it's like in judo and karate,
    every beginner who hasn't done any tests gets first the "white belt"
    after the first test the "yellow belt" (or yellow-white if you only do a half test) and progresses through colour with each test

yet again, white belt doesn't need to mean beginner
    some ppl with 10.dan (very last belt) wear white again f.e. (usually red though)

To be fair ^this is what it is in japan, germany and basically the rest of the world, beside the USA and brazil 'cause they are special, but afaik they also start with white

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

That doesn't make not having the internet less annoying.

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Would you know about any of those problems if you didn't have internet magnus?

8. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

What the fuck is your point? I should whip myself every night before going to bed for those people? My crying about it does nothing. NK will continue to be assholes until Kim Jong Il dies...and NK is no longer communist. Suicide bombers will keep it up until we quell extremists. Mines will collapse as long as safety isn't maintained. People will starve and die in Africa as long as they don't actually build the countries up and instead rely on us to provide for them. My view is: Send them seeds. Send them knowledge. Send them NO FOOD. They either learn to be self sufficient, or they die off and darwin wins.

Sick of people going on as if every problem in this world should be my problem. You think you can fix it - fine, join the red cross and shut up.

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

first world problems

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

ITT rampant android takes bait.

11. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Damnit, your comics are better than mine.

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

You really should think about the starving africans and new zealanders trapped in mines.

I mean, they don't have the internet either.

13. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Sorry, after people saying to me "finish your food, there are people starving in africa" I've wanted to smack around everyone who says that and similar things...

Fine. They can have interwebs. And pron. And Trololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo.

14. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

you at least could send your leftovers there ...

15. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

I didn't complain having no internet I just stated the fact o0 What's all that drama about?

@blizzerd Martial artists are graduated in belts nowadays. White is the lowest rank, next is yellow, red, blue, purple, brown, black. Black is differentiated into so called "dan"s. 1st 2nd and so on. Most Martial arts only have those belts, whilst judo uses combination of colors to show that someone has the skill for the next grade but hasn't done the exam for it yet.
    Originally students always wore white belts until they were skilled enough to wear 1st dan. But sometime it happened to change to differentiate between the skill levels of students.

@Magnus I don't know if I can beat my sensei or his students, it is just a comic strip, doesn't mean it happened exactly like this in real life.
    The real plot was like I go there, tell them I am doing the sport since 12 years, do some test training to make sure the dojo suits me, they see I'm skilled and didn't overstate my skills but anyways give me the lowest rank because I didn't participate the required time for other belts and use another style. In fact, I would even have had to wait 3 months to be allowed to wear the gi or the white belt if not I had the practice before.
    So tell me, which of the plots is more fun?

16. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You are posting on this forum, could you be any more useless?

17. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

Most martial arts are fucking bullshit, a lot of retarded people think that just because it came from Japan or Korea suddenly it's fucking magical and you gain some chi energy bullshit. The Shaolin monks spend their entire life perfecting their bodies, they'd be able to do any of the extraordinary shit they do without all the martial arts bullshit.

Basically, go take kickboxing, or BJJ or Muay Thai or something that actually resembles fighting and not exhaling with loud sounds for half an hour while waving your hands

18. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

BJJ = BitterJesus Jaywalking, deadliest sport on earth

19. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE&feature=related

Nuff said.

20. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

But those have so many rules, like, not kicking somebodys balls, (not to mention anything else below hip height) hitting somebody into a kidney is tut, hitting or kicking somebody lying on the ground is not allowed because it's unfair... I can't remember there's something like fairness when it comes to fighting. Anything is allowed to defend yourself and your friends.