Fitting Tech

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Awrethien, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

We need Titans!!!

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

We need to stop Black Holing...

The EMP bombs would be something to effectively make turret farming useless. It would in a sense be better than turret # limits, since then the game still flows, but with a turret killer thats loaded onto a plane automatically every, say 15 minutes (so its only used in moderation). Then it takes maybe 20 seconds per turret to fix the circuits.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

20 seconds on a turret is a long time to sit there with no protection. After 20 seconds you have also used up all your calc amo too. Better just to recycle one and build a new one. Make it 5-8 seconds per turret and the emp 5 mins.

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

5 minutes would be too soon. A EMP bomb, even tiny ones, have a massive range. Its electricity, and electrons are what causes electricity, and electrons have virtually no mass. That lack of mass to electricity means EMP bombs have an extremely large blast radius (or whatever you call the EMP effect). In Empire's, there trying to make things sensible but fun.

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it should be instant, or less than a second, once you reach the turret.

picture it; your defences are down, there's the enemy litterally right at your gate, and all you have to do is reach that turret to activate it.... awesome.

it would also be great trying to shoot that engy down before he reaches the turrets that will kill you :D

can we call it something other than emp?

6. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

flashbang?:rolleyes:

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

Nothing like having Electro-magnectic pulse_recruits running around. :D

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

emp_bomb
    lol. Thats like calling the bombs "retard bomb"

Anyways that aside. Killx thanx for the info but, im sure most of us knew that already. You can controle the range of the emp blast. A standard small capaciter blowing up creates an emp blast but you don't see it taking out your nextdoor's tv.

Now as for the bomb itself, actualy thinking about it... self reloading is redundant. You have to land to get fuel again anyways so have it rearm when it lands. Make it a one item bomb same as nuke.

I also still think that there should be at least 3 seconds to rearm the offline turret. you know... switch out a broken fuse.

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Why call it something else? EMP is Electro Magnetic Pulse which fries circuitry with a electrical overload, unless you want nano-bots flying around cutting wires...

Also, if your name is EMP_Recuit, you should explode with a EMP wave whenever you go near the enemy CV (non damaging of course) and give him a reason to say "F*** YOU RECRUIT!', and make everything fuzzy for him :D

Edit: In reply to ViroMan, who beat me to post so I missed his info. Do you want scout planes or whatever the really fast one are frequently landing at base and grabbing a EMP bomb and killing all your defenses? It would work better if every 5 minutes or so its automatically loaded into the ACF, and then automatically loaded into the next aircraft made.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  10. Dafleck

Dafleck Member

Lulz.
    KillX:
    Besides being flawed from the beginning, that statement makes no sense. You can't explain 'electricity' like that.
    EMP 'bombs' (if they even exist) create very high amplitude EM waves across a wide spectrum. EM waves are not electricity (or even electrons). They are merely energy fluctuating between electric fields and magnetic fields. The waves can (and sometimes do) induce high voltage currents along conductors (which can cause electrical systems to overload and fail).
    Don't make out you know things that you don't :( It's annoying.

Everyone else:
    You prolly wanna ignore the science lesson. Logic like that isn't really needed in a video game =D

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Either my physics teacher is BS'ing me, or your wrong. I'll go for the BS, he is insane.

Proof of his insanity: Last year, at the end of a class, he literally chased one of the students out of his room throwing paper balls at him, all down the 50 meter hall. I happen to be that student :D

12. arklansman

arklansman Member

Waay ahead of you dafleck.
    We know he's clueless.

13. Dafleck

Dafleck Member

So he's like SGT. MIKE mark II? emirite?

14. KILLX

KILLX Banned

No I'm not. It's not my fucking fault if my insane teacher provides bull shit information in class.

15. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

Wrong tread Killx.

16. KILLX

KILLX Banned

:confused:

17. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

OK..... Back on topic. Actualy the range of an EMP is mostly determined by the altatude that it is detonated at and the bombs yield. One at ground level would effect around a hundred miles depending on the local geography. fifty miles up you get around 600 miles, 100 miles could knock an entire costline of America offline, 30 can get you just about everything in the northwestern hemisphere. Any higher and you have to deal with the Earths magnetic field. The thing is the higher you go you more powerfull the bomb you need to have a meaningfull effect. But still the idea of rendering a querter of the Earth back to 1800 with a single 30-40 megaton bomb...

Ok and here I was trying to get things back on topic lol. Ok I think in Empires the equivilent is just a flashbang as they already blind turrents temperaritly.

18. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I understand that, but is it useful against turret farms? I've never played scout near a turret farm, I'm not suicidal, so I have no idea how effective they are.

19. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

They do the same thing to turrents as to players blind them for a few seconds then it goes away. right now there only usefull to blink players to make it easier to kill and to sneak past the odd turrent.

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

that's becoming a bit of a slogan of yours....

and as for EMP: in actual fact the EMP phonomenon can only occour on a massive scale; you can't localise it. furthermore, the effects are permeneant because what it does is shortcircuit the . so calling a temporary local circit fryer an EMP grenade is even more of a misnomer than well, anything (such as "lollygaggers love dildo grenade" - i really think this should be the name for it now) because atleast the made up name has a made up function, where as EMP already exists and has quite a different function.