Exterior effects of vehicle parts + Sounds/Sprites

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Gelnika, Mar 8, 2007.

?

So whaddaya think?

1. I think this is awesome! I'd love to see something like this for Empires in future!

15 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. I like it, but perhaps the effect shouldn't be too big to change it's original appearance

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Sorry but no, I dont think something like this is suitable on empires, but it sounds interesting :)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hell no, I like my chassis's the way they are. Any tinkering would just gay them up

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

LOL yea spray it over top the fuse box when done no engi would repair it:D

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I had another thought on this idea.

How about replacing the image in the customisation screen with a model? Then you could select a logo from a drop-down list like you would with sprays, and drag it onto one of the points on the model to see a live preview. It shouldn't take any more resources, as the models are already cached.

I'm gradually getting more attracted to this idea.

3. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Yes, from images I saw going through the OLD empires news on the home page, the models were much nicer to see than the images.

4. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

Why would that lag? Thats just the equivalent to adding a few more props on a gmod server, without the complex collison models and physics. If anyone has a computer THAT bad, they really need to get an upgrade for their 10 year old processor and gfx card... The maximum amount of tanks you would normally encounter is about 20, (including tanks on both sides) but even that number doesn't happen very often, (even on money) so there wouldn't be massive amounts of these everywhere.