Evolution and the origine of the species debate

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by flasche, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Zeke

Zeke Banned

Then which branch of christinanity do you belong to?

Cuz there are a some things it surely will match up with such as: the inquisition, the holy crusades, witchburning, forced conversions, slaughtering of heathens, etc...

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Can someone just tell me who is on what side in this thread, as in who are the godfags and who are the smart people?

3. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

This is the tiniest of their wrongdoing.
    If it was up to me, i'd really smack them for destroying so much of exteligence humanity gathered.

My virtue of not flaming each other doesnt include Trickster anymore. Get your fat lazy ass and read it like everyone else. Hurr Durr im so kuhl me no read boring posts that have long and hard words in them

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Me, blizzerd, Shandy, Brutos, Empty, Zeke are the smart people, predom and flasche are the godfags. The others are just collateral

5. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

hurr durr im so kuhl i will convince people that their beliefs are wrong on an internet forum for a shitty game

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

godfags and smart people lol not really respectfull

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Flasche is the main confusion for me. I could swear I saw some smart posts from him. Zeke tl;dred a lot of it for me. In short, PreDom is a creationist. I genuinely didn't think anyone who was a creationist would be smart enough to get on the internet, but if you want to direct your attention here to these forums:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/?

They're probably more type. They came from that massive thread about "what is fap" where they banned a guy for actually saying what it was. Ask them for ammo or some shit.

Let's be honest here. Creationism is for people who are too stupid to comprehend the magnitude of evolution and our origins. They can't understand it, so they take the line of "God made me in his image". It's not only a retarded argument, but it's fairly arrogant as well, when you consider every other type of life out there, that you argue that "homo sapiens" were made purely in his image. Get a fucking life you retarded fuckwit(s).

Oh, and I'll just add this:

[​IMG]

Oh also, you were furry or are furry. Either way, because of that, by your god, you're going to hell. Enjoy PreDom.

8. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

As soon as we obtain specimens of extra-terrestrial life from another world in our galaxy (which, discoveries within this decade point to it actually being very likely that we'll find other life within our own solar system, rather than just within our own galaxy), that will pretty much obliterate the foundation on which creationism rests (however I am sure it will still have many adherents). It would even be further obliterated if we were able to identify that evolution is occurring with life elsewhere. It's only a matter of time.

As we continue to advance, we learn more and more about what the universe actually holds for us. We won't find what we wish to find, and reality won't mold to our will... Nature will be revealed to us as it actually is, little by little, and will not be revealed to us as ancient scriptures wish it to be. Thunderstorms and weather aren't the hissy fits of gods, our nearest star (the Sun) doesn't revolve around the Earth (as scientific work has shown us, just the opposite is true), and so on...

However, just for fun I thought I'd search for a website of people who do still believe the Sun orbits the Earth, and I actually found this site called FixedEarth.com which claims that the Earth is fixed, doesn't orbit anything, and that the Sun orbits the Earth... even if you just read the title and slogan at the top of the page, you can see how ridiculously pathetic their arguments are - they're clearly appealing to emotion and pseudoscience.

9. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Some creationists are so retarded that make me lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ3Fw3wZouM

Also think about this and why we should fight this utter nonsense: The dark ages: Creationist got to control everything and pretty much halted human development for 1000 years. They imprisoned Galileo and took them more than 400 to apologize to him :( :
    """ Thanks to his intuition as a brilliant physicist and by relying on different arguments, Galileo, who practically invented the experimental method, understood why only the sun could function as the centre of the world, as it was then known, that is to say, as a planetary system. The error of the theologians of the time, when they maintained the centrality of the Earth, was to think that our understanding of the physical world's structure was, in some way, imposed by the literal sense of Sacred Scripture....""" (Pope John Paul II, L'Osservatore Romano N. 44 (1264) - November 4, 1992)

Oh, I forgot, i just order this a few days ago: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/037575766X/ref=oss_product

Also, please watch the oscar nominated documentary Jesus camp:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Camp
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486358/

10. Beerdude26

You should check out the Flat Earth Society. They believe Anctartica is actually a wall of ice that towers miles into the air. The society gathers groundbreaking evidence such as:
    Oh, mankind. Because none of us are as dumb as all of us.

11. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

That's why i didnt want to read this post.. you guys got me going:

[​IMG]

Also:

[​IMG]

That's without counting the flood. Estimates can go up to 33 Million for God. (source here)

Don't get me wrong, I grew up catholic. It just that the double morale pisses the shit out of me.

12. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

Hehe, I guess you missed it, but I already mentioned the Flat Earth Society in the earlier half of this thread. :P You're right, though.

Flat-earthers are one thing, but have you heard of Hollow-earthers? The belief that the Earth is hollow is a belief of the shape-shifting reptilian humanoid shadow government sect of the New World Order conspiracy theorists, which have their lulzy collection of "truths" available for all to see at http://www.truthism.com/ :) Also, in addition to believing that Earth is hollow... they believe that the Sun is a cube, and that it only looks spherical/circular because it's "spinning really fast."

lolwut

[​IMG]

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

haha i believe in god and you cant prove me wrong bitchesssssss

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

why would i want to?

15. Beerdude26

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I generally do.

Odd that nobody else bothered to considering the 'christian dark ages' would not have affected anywhere other than christian nations.

Stagnation does not require religion, you can do it quite nicely without it.

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i think that chart measures the most advanced place of civilisation at the time

btw it looks more like some fun chart that is trown together without a basis other then "we know shit got bad then"

18. Beerdude26

Well the other nations were usually getting pummeled by the christian nations in the form of crusades or organizing some kind of mass expansion for their own religion (see islamic expansions). But the Byzantine Empire did make some pretty awesome shit and gathered much of the (nearly) lost Roman and Greek knowledge and built upon it while we were trying to make lumps of shittier alloys into gold. Hopefully for those alchemists, the knowledge of Archimedes' Law was unknown in the region.

19. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

no, what i actually meant to say is that you can lable something as scientific and people are tempted to believe it. make anyone with a doctor tiltle say anything and be it as redicolous as in the movies you condemned in either this or another thread. sry if that didnt make it across.
    also, sorry if i been offensive to you in special blizzerd, wasnt meant that way, it was just your statement of "i believe in things", it was too tempting to not quote :D
    im not saying and breaking a stick for any form of alternate view. i believe in the church of science as much as you do ;)

you obviously got me completely wrong ...

also it really saddens me that only trickster understood me ... :D

all i wanted to tell you is, with the scientific method you cannot prove the non existence of god - you cannot prove stuff, you can only have theories that are right as long as they aint wrong. it cannot disprove its existence either, since that is within the definition of what is called god (that invisible bunny things). so, why do you reason about something that cannot be reasoned about? its like argueing about the color blue being blue ...
    lol

and i actually already stated that in a the other thread this one emerged of ...
    /facepalm

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  20. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

But we can say something about probabilities. And obviously Pascal's Wager is utter bullshit.