EPIC vs. Consortium

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Deiform, Dec 4, 2010.

1. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

That was surprisingly not an issue... but maybe in the future :rolleyes:

2. Deiform

Deiform Member

The teams were mixed....

3. communism

communism poof

bunch of hipsters can't play empires yo

4. recon

recon SM Support Dev

It doesn't matter if every member of the team is the exceptionally skilled at x, y or z. If they can't work as a team, they'll lose to any marginally competent team.

5. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

aren't u in cw?

6. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Lol troll.

7. communism

communism poof

Lol burned.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It's not about working as a team, so much as it is working out what your team is capable of based on their experience scrimming. Doing ridiculously complicated strategies just doesn't work. It never has and it never will. I've seen pictures of FN's old strategies from BSID, and they literally ALL rely on them taking point X, taking point Y etc. None of them compensate for the fact that you can't guaranteee anything. If you are planning anything more than where the squads go at the start, then you're doomed to fail. This scrim had our most complicated strategy ever. We dropped a VF, got an APC with a specific person driving, had a jeep with other people, an armoury dropped early on for ramp-squad to change class. That's not complicated, but it's about as complicated as you can plan for. All prior-planning goes out of the window the exact moment you meet the enemy.

Consortium have the skill to take us on and beat us, just like JPL did, and just like BSID did. But every time we've played them, when FN has been in BSID, JPL and Consortium, he's screwed it over for his own team. Claim it isn't FN all you want, but when 3 different clans have complained about a complicated strategy from him, and he claims it's his team's inability to follow them, I just see the common factor, which is FN. He needs to stop trying to do all his military role-play RL strategy shit, and start planning for the game he's actually playing. Maybe then he won't lose every single clan match he ever commands.

9. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

It's funny that we actually spent time planning for this one scrim yet it didn't last 10 minutes.

10. Trickster

In our next scrim, I'll get our TS recorded as well as a demo ingame. I think we have that for this scrim, but the recording started too late to include the planning we did.

11. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I really looked forward to this scrim, thought it could be some serious competition, yet it was a, sorry for being direct, utter joke.

Backup plans, you need them. :rolleyes:

12. Deiform

Deiform Member

I can let people know a secret about our plans. Basically we stall the enemy until Fabrizio sticky stuns the cv and then Zeke pulls up along side in an APC, then we all killspawn.

Every game.

13. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Only things worth planning:

First minute of game, who goes where in what squad.

14. communism

communism poof

cool kids go in hotel

15. recon

recon SM Support Dev

That falls under the same umbrella.

The complexity of any good strategy is the simplicity of its execution.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I just missed it, I went to lunch at 12 thinking i would be back at 1 and I wasn't I called FN to ask if we could postpone if for 30 mins but you couldn't do that apparently. I joined the second match when all we had was spawn in the middle of the map near the mesa. I wasn't there to help the clan take land.

I really wanted to scrim but life comes first so I will just have to wait for the next one :( Thanks for scrimming though, no need to boast about your wins. We didn't exactly expect to do anything except to have fun with an organized game. I never really seen "the dave" comm much but I am sure he will get better with us giving him practice in scrims like this.

17. Trickster

No strategy should be complex at all though.

Basically this. All strategy goes out of the window the moment you meet the enemy.

18. communism

communism poof

shoot nme dont die

19. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Haha I heard that you guys actually made a plan, expecting something big from us. Well you were wrong!

But yeah we'll take what we learn during the scrim and some of EPIC's suggestions and do better next time.

We were missing that in our 15-page powerpoint presentation by John Madden. :p

20. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Rewording: No matter how complex the strategy is, the execution of the strategy is simple; in other words, no matter how many complex ideas went into it, the execution probably boils down to waiting for x to happen and rushing the enemy CV. Ultimately, there is nothing complex about it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010