EPIC Server DevTest 14/01

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by RetroFade, Jan 14, 2012.

1. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Agreed about the armours, now is the time to expand on what each armour's capabilities are, if these changes would go ahead either in the current form as a basis or if they were worked on. Like composite being that armour, while expensive as it is, has the ability to take hits from anything. Reactive should be "significantly" (but not overly) buffed because of it's weight, and then it will find more usage, actually giving you a reason to use it.

Really what I'm trying to get at is that this test actually completely changed what research would be useful. Although, I did roll out a BE med on duststorm with a DUMG and Ranged, raping 4 or so tanks in under 30 seconds. Somethings would have to be tweaked obviously.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

concerning what mayama said about APCs, you could say that the vehicle mgs for some reason i do not care to explain bc i do not believe in background story, need so much room so that anti-vehicle-mgs are exclusive to spawning.

3. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Did anyone test HEMG so far? Is it even still in the game?
    Just asking cause I haven't seen it used on friday.

@Flasche: Nothing personal, lurking around the forums when one doesn't actually play the game anymore is one thing, but spreading your attitude on threads that are about the actual game is something that pisses me off.

4. flasche

apart from the current tester version i continously played empires since release of 2.0 - ive spent around 100h a week in 2.12 when i was unemployed - its not like id just have registered and start talking about a game ive never ever played before and will never play again. you might also undestand that now, after 4years have passed, at the age of 32 and in a very enjoyable relationship, i wont be able to play that much anymore.
    i can access the forums anytime, even in the tram or at work, but i doubt that my collegues will love to see me playing videogames ...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Well that's the point, wookie gets irritated by the fact that you still talk like you still do play a lot of empires, you dont and 2.12 is just so far away, the game has develloped in ways you don't understand, 2.12 was a great time to play then it just went downwards and it's going up again, and saying Anti vehicle mg's should disable spawning ability is just a big nono, people buy apc with anti mg cause you can spawn units in it that give that little bit off punch you need to kill a tank etc

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

2.12 game was nothing special, we just had a fantastic bunch of players. The game itself wasn't that great.

7. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Rail heavys and UML heavies ftw! With nukes and arty being GG.
    Or was that 2.24?

8. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

I joined around then, it was "research nukes, research heavys; rest is unimportant". That was 2.12 for me

9. Paradox

rail heavies and uml heavies were 2.25 ish I think, wasnt 2.24 the era of bio then chemistry?

10. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

2.23-2.24, the era of super light tanks.

The bio era was when regenerative had around 80hp/plate, making it very powerful and, of course, regenerative. Not sure when it was, tho.

-Err, how much begging would I have to do to get the scout-rifle rapid-fire glitch back? :D

11. flasche

paradox, please, pretty please, either read what i wrote or refrain from replying to me at all. but ill formulate it easier for you: "I'VE PLAYED EACH AND EVERY VERSION OF EMPIRES SINCE 2.0*, APART FROM THE CURRENT TESTER VERSION"
    its only that i lack the time, or well actually its only of less relevance now, to still play for 100+h per week :rolleyes:

i also didnt actually discuss anything in this thread, i just tried to express my delight about the review retro posted.

* and actually 2 weeks of 1.17 or 1.7 or even 1.8 - its too long ago to still remember the version number.

12. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I didnt really saw it in action but I predict that the lower armor hp makes rails pretty OP again.

Something needs to change, I mean its a flaw since almost the beginning of empires. Rails shouldnt be so OP and easy to use compared to dual UML.

13. Silk

Silk Mapper

Can someone point me to a post that sums up the changes? All i've read here is armor reduction (granted this alone saves empires for me, but still, i'm curious to the rest as well)

Either that or add me to the testers group, since it's well over a month since i applied

14. flasche

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

mmm yeah 2.23 when all the devs were shit talking each other because of MKII's, back when superlights actually had meaning because they had homing missiles. Then 2.24/d when reflective, nukes and bio diesel were on both teams, then 2.25 when it was just NF with homing salvo raping BE comms, then 2.26 - 2.29 which I didn't play and was a space of about 2 months. Finally 2.30/31 with absorbent HE/UML advanced coolant being every tank. 2.32 seems promising, but you know what would be good, in case the devs don't fix it and we don't want to wait another year for simple changes...

release script manifest.

@flasche Paradox actually read you right, everyone here knows you don't play, and that 100h per week on 2.12 doesn't mean anything to today. Your rebuttals match those of RampantAndroid, don't sink to that level because you are much more intelligent than RA.

16. flasche

yeah, whatever
    i can talk like ive played a lot of this current version since it didnt change since FEBRUARY 2011, which are about 11months - what does it matter if i played yesterday or not? i played this version for a couple of months ...

... but thanks for calling me intelligent :|ove:

17. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I agree with you Mayama but UML is quite alot easier to use since it flies in a straight line, Point and click weapon.

18. flasche

its probably also because the area to hit is bigger for rails (since they mainly go on BE heavies) whereas nf has the disadvantage of having to hit small silhouette racecars ...

... if im still allowed to say such things. idk maybe the tanks changed that much in the ... idk ... 5-6month of no release when i didnt play.

19. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

But rails fly faster, have more ammo and if one shot misses no one cares

20. Paradox

You're basicly the base model for players who don't play the game anymore ( have played in the past ) and come to troll the forums pretending you do know how to play the game and have played a lot recently. Although chris could be a basemodel too.