EPIC Server DevTest 14/01

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by RetroFade, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Scripts have been updated to RC2. I've also completed a full changelog. These are the changes from the regular steam version:

Code:
    Angle modifier of 0.1 removed from all armours except Reflective (which still retains 1.0).
    Speed to damage modifier removed from all armours except Absorbant. This is a buff to all armours except Reactive, to which it's a nerf.
    Damage modifier removed from all armours that had it, Composite, Reactive and ESPECIALLY the CV.
    All added vulnerability to Nukes were removed, they're no longer needed given the nerfs.
    Plain | HP - 30 -> 40 |
    Reactive | HP - 65 -> 85 | Bio Weapon mod - 0.5 -> 1.0 |
    Reflective | HP - 60 -> 55 | Angle mod - 1.0 -> 2.0 |
    Regen | HP - 75 -> 60 | Regeneration rate - 0.045 -> 0.1 |
    Absorbant | HP - 70 -> 55 | Speed to damage mod - -0.008 -> -0.01 |

Biological Machine Gun | Bio time - 15 -> 8 |
    50. cal MG | Damage - 40 -> 35 |
    50. cal HMG | Damage - 50 -> 43 | 
    Chain gun (small) | Damage - 24 -> 19 |
    Chain gun (medium) | Damge - 35 -> 29 |
    DUMG | Damage - 8 -> 6 |
    DUHMG | Damage - 10 -> 8 |
    Ranged Cannon | Heat - 10 -> 9 |
    High Explosive Cannon | Heat - 13 -> 11 |
    Upgraded Grenade Launcher | Explosion Radius - 400 -> 500 |

BE Heavy Tank | Hull Health 375 -> 250 |
    BE Medium Tank | Hull Health 250 -> 200 |
    NF Heavy Tank | Hull Health 350 -> 250 |
    NF Medium Tank | Hull Health 250 -> 200 |
    BE Commander | Hull Health 1000 -> 1200 |
    NF Commander | Hull Health 1000 -> 1200 |

APC Max speeds: | Gas Turbine - 40 -> 45 | 3phase - 50 -> 60 | Fission - 45 -> 55 | Biodiesel - 37 -> 40 | Advanced Coolant - 33 -> 37 |
    LT/AFV Max speeds: | Gas Turbine - 40 -> 45 | 3phase - 50 -> 60 | Fission - 45 -> 55 | Biodiesel - 35 -> 40 | Advanced Coolant - 33 -> 40 |
    Remember that I'm being really limited by the values I can change, so I can't do all the changes I've done in SVN.

Is it worth making a separate thread for this stuff?

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Where is that link to that excel sheet with weapons and armor dmg values... I wana play with some numbers.

3. Michael

Michael Member

I like the way of changes. Now hitting enemy tanks with hard attack (basically all cannons, missiles) is more rewarding.
    Trickster, in the changelog the Composite armor is missing. What are the values for that or has it been changed at all?

4. Reznov

Reznov Member

Trickster, did you recently notice how a NF LT costs 400 res with CG/Full Abs./Adv.Coolant?

A NF Med actually costs about 360 res when I put on full abs./adv.coolant/HE CN/Bio warhead.

So what happend to that? I thought NF Meds are supposed to be about 500 res.

P.S. Yes it's offtopic. Sorry about it. I just have no comment about the topic except for I'm against all of this infantry owns tanks thing.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  5. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

ya cost of tanks seems fubar'd atm....'

6. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

why the diff here?

also, like the changes, looking fwd to playtesting it. I'd avoid changes' for a week or two to see how ppl like.

in time weedy's mini mod will be revived!!!

do any client need svr scripts ? or would it be negligible to HUD display?

7. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I haven't played with them enough to give good feedback but there was one thing that felt kind of stupid. You made regen resistant against bio, the counter to a weapon now lies in the same thread, wasn't the exact opposite the issue with double bio damage against regen? Anyway, I actually bought a tank to see how good regen is against biomg and it could actually out-regen biomg, I'm not sure if that's what you intended.

8. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

that sounds like a 'counter' to me....of course the first issue needs to be addressed by next patch if those changes are to be applied...cause same weapon and armor in same tree is stupid.....everyone will get that first and it wiull only delay mediums/ and extend games.....i would think...but i know trickster cant really alter that with scripts...at least i think not....regen should just get moved or put the BIO resist on Reactive Armor and still keep its other attribs (perhaps lower strength a bit or rebalance it with weight per plate)....

9. Trickster

I can't move any research or touch it in any way. Just not possible on server-side changes. No scripts are needed.

Predator, I would swear it was you that wanted to make regen resistant to bio. Wasn't it you I worked on these with today?

10. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Someone said it before me and I said I agreed. I will look it up.

edit found it:
    http://forums.empiresmod.com/showpost.php?p=396763&postcount=33
    Predom suggested it. Predator wasn't even in that thread but, perhaps he mentioned it elsewhere.

ohh I finally found that xls file its a tad out of date, although I can plug in the new numbers still.
    http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=10646

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  11. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I was the one writing down the changes but I don't remember suggesting this to you. Keep in mind that Mahti and Paradox was in the TS too and we both know how much shit the latter can talk. But tbh I don't mind it, I was just curious if you wanted to make regen a hard counter against bio.

Also, about the max vehicle speed, I swear a gas turbine apc's max speed was 65 Km/h not 40. And a 3phase apc's max speed was 80 km/h.

12. Trickster

Script speeds are done in mph, not km/h.

Nah, Predator took time out yesterday to help me do all the changes, and test a load of other stuff.