Empires: Years In Stacking

Discussion in 'General' started by Headshotmaster, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

BSID's Message on stacking: 09-10-2006, 02:50 PM

Date: 07-05-2006, 09:55 PM
    Date: 12-07-2007, 06:18 PM
    Date: 07-26-2008, 04:33 PM

And to leave it on a good note
    Date 09-01-2006, 06:47 AM
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  2. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

and all these years empires has only had 1 or 2 active servers

3. FN198

FN198 Member

because there's a monopoly on empires sm plugins and a lack of advertising.

i started playing empires after receiving a fileplanet newsletter announcing the release of 2.0. never heard of it before, and ever since joining the community i haven't seen empires mentioned in any media since
    (cept moty awards)

4. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

where is the timestamp on the final quote? how will i be able to verify my theories that the BSID stack related posts are in a sequence that will soon predict the next terrorist attack on the white house.

5. Nitrax

Nitrax Member

If you follow the link you will see that the timestamp is 09-01-2006, 12:47 PM

I guess that means that the next terrorist atatck will involve blimps somehow.

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I found empires by just looking for hl2 mods.. I'm sure that's how many others have too. Advertising a free mod is stupid, people will look for free stuff them self's.

The one thing that I hated about this game when I first got it was BSID stacks and admin abuse.. But I didn't quit playing and uninstall like most normal people, instead it made me want to get better, join a clan and beat the shit out of BSID. Not everyone will feel the same way as me.

7. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

He means people getting some sort of neato plugin for their server and not sharing it.

However, the only one I know is Hijack.
    And getting parachute models working.

8. Rehnquist

Rehnquist Member

Something I noticed today while playing is that in nearly every goddamn game that is played, the losing team complains about stacks. It gets a bit annoying and completely negates the point of raising criticism at all when you cry wolf half the time. I was spectating a game and the comm of the obviously losing team said, "well next game could the teams be not so stacked?" and the teams were even numbers and there were very few or at least balanced clan tags on either team. The next game that same player was on a team of 15 playing mid-game against a team of 9 and didn't say a word.

When you think the teams are stacked or you are surrounded by new players, just do what I do: find a good player or two on either team and join their team when the map changes and squad up. Until the map changes you could at least try to communicate to the new players on what to do and how to do it. At least then you can have fun...

9. Kolaris

Kolaris Member

This is why I don't play Empires anymore.

My first game of Empires, it was a BSID member coming out of their de-populated server to grief the popular server until everyone left.

Throughout about 6 months of playing, I've seen the number of active servers and players decrease, which shouldn't be happening with a mod of this caliber.

It's not just clans, either. I could count on two hands the number of veteran players who will willingly go to a weaker team to balance it out and be a helpful influence to new players. The overwhelming majority is content to sit on the stacked team, mowing down newb players until they quit the mod forever.

Thor says he's never seen a community whine so much about stacking? Yeah, well, I've never seen such a shit community either. But the part I'm looking at is all those vets from 2-3 years ago, because they're the only ones that are left.

10. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Kolaris.. Don't begin with the "this mod is dying" :p We've heard that way too many times.. And I think it's still alive.

11. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

Cool story, bro

BTW, if you don't play anymore, then how do you know the community is decreasing? I just checked the CvG server ranks(lol) and there have been over 1000 people on that server alone.

Sure, the super hype has worn down, but empires is still going strong. If people are leaving, bitching, and whining to the extent that people make it out the be then this mod would have been dead already.

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You guys should stack 10 more often - 5 a side. Or hell, just do 3 a side.

Also, JPL, i'm reminded by Dubee's post, shouldn't you guys be out in force? Wasn't your whole mission just to balance BSID's stacking?

Tbh...we should just get every vet to wear EMP tags and balance. Seems like us other clans can't field enough people to combat this.

13. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

80% of the vets are not skilled and are usually at the bottom of the scoreboard. Being a vet doesn't make you good.

I'd rather have a guy who was in CSS Clan who knows how to use a rifle (even though the shooting is a bit different) than a self-confident "vet" who drives a tank into the water.

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I wouldn't say that really. There are a lot of people who are unclanned and proficient. Newbies who have been a round a while and think they are great are usually referred to as noobs.

15. Kolaris

Kolaris Member

Decreasing currently? No, I wouldn't no. Maybe its made a miraculous turn around.

When I started playing in mid 2.12 I had my choice (read, 4-5) of populated, low-ping (for West Coast NA) servers. By the time I uninstalled in 2.23, I would frequently log on in peak hours weekdays and have 0 servers left unfiltered.

16. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

what are you smoking?

17. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

I've always considered all the "vets" knew how to play. Even those before 2.0

I've spectated some of them, and I've realized how much stupid shit they do. Almost everyone.

For example, when as engineer, you wanna take down the barracks, THEY THROW A GRENADE, THEN THEY PLACE A WALL, THEN AN AMMO BOX, THEN BUILD A TURRET and only then start nading the barracks. They don't even realize how many mistakes they commit just in this one action.

This is one of the very common one, the less common one is constant mine drop from 2nd slot APC if you have no other mines dropped. A grenadier should almost ALWAYS take priority for 2nd seat of an APC, yet I've had to argue with people for that.

And don't even get me started on some huge mistakes the commanders make.

There's these little things that you should always consider when playing a game.

Ever had those moments spectating someone and thinking "WHY ARE YOU GOING THERE, GO TO ANOTHER PLACE". I have that all the time.

Or

I'm guessing you're being literal, and I'm a tell you some shisha

18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

In other words, avoid doing stupid shit like BJ does and you'll be a half decent empires player. Of course even if you didn't do all that stuff, you still can't aim for shit.

Wtf? Ok, parachutes, a little bit different, but Hijack? Owning coded that himself, why should he be forced to give out something he spend time coding so that the server he wants to play on is more popular? He put the time in, he should get it back out. People don't "get" plugins, they get coded, by peopel spending a lot of their time to make their server of choice better. They are under no obligation to share it, nor should they even be inclined to. And FN, you make statements that just prove you have no idea wtf you're talking about. You always say stacking doesn't exist, and then you talk about a "plugin monopoly" like the community owes YOU all their work.

As for the stacking thing, no, its retarded, just because BSID can't actually beat anything other than a team of uncoordinated pubbers doesn't mean they should do that constantly just to try justify some "awesome" skill and integrity you guys used to have, that you've evidently lost at some point.

19. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I was contradicting his statement of, 'Monopolizing," the plugins....don't quite my sorry arse.

20. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Projecting much?

Theowningone got a lot of grief when he introduced the parachute and hijack plugins so I'm not surprised that he isn't interested in widely distributing them. Personally, I think both should be part of Empires rather than 3rd party plugins. The popularity and success of both plugins shows that the concepts do work with Empire's gameplay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.