Empires 2.52 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Sep 28, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

People literally spell it that way around here. You've created something, Krenzo.

2. 101010

101010 Member

Best combo right now for BE is coolant + abs + Rail + plasma. It's amazing

3. complete_

complete_ lamer

Part of the lore.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The patch wasn't posted on the Steam news section. pls.

5. ImSpartacus

Idk how to do that, but I agree that we should probably be putting changelogs there first since that's where updating users get linked by steam.

6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Wait what did you do to my plasma?!

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

composite = shit now... gg.
    absorbent = pretty good.

8. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Absorbant really didn't need the weight lowered.

9. ViroMan

absorbent is the new composite yo.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Isn't the difference for absorbent negligible though? I mean the 12 weight vs 10 doesn't change much. You still get full plates on the tank, which is the same as before, right?

11. Lazybum

2 weight adds up ya know. You have 48 weight free weight is a full 6 plates on a heavy. Knock off a couple of plates and you have a new weapon, or don't and carry a std ml/std mg. Getting people to knock off a plate is a big deal, 65 hp is quite a bit when you think how much damage some weapons do.

When I was talking about nerfs to compo I suggested that small increase of weight because I know people could no longer max out on everything. They had to lose 1 plate on every side if they wanted to keep their usual loadout. Abs was fine, but now once again we have an armor where you get max firepower on top of armor. Admittedly it isn't as nice as compo, but abs still reduces damage of cannons by at least 20%, and you don't have to fiddle with angles to get it to work either.

Little things add up, and people forget that even though we see it all the time in a normal empire round.

12. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Missiles rape the shit out of absorbent though, so it has an actual counter. Two standard ML's will rape a bit more than a full plate off.

And machine guns are hitscan, so they do full damage to absorbent.

13. Lazybum

Yeah, but that applies to regen too. Even reactive has less going for it when you get to the heavy tanks what with its weakness to rpgs.

The only armors that have damage reduction against everything is reflective and compo, simply because of the reflection stuff. It is also why bio damage is the best thing against heavy tanks because it bypasses the reflective property.

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Which is why I asked :p You can tell if I'm making a point because it's usually pretty damn solid. I don't mind asking questions though, because I'm lazy and...I guess I didn't notice because I've been driving mediums, 'Cos heavies can just go suck a duck.

15. ViroMan

We did composite a couple of times other day with heavies and they were just getting raped until we switched to absorbent each time. Just something about absorbent that fucking kicks composite ass now.

16. Lazybum

Were you nf or be? It makes a much bigger difference to have absorbant on nf. Part me wonders too if the fact you could field about 50% as many tanks had something to do with it. Extra firepower makes the difference.

Again too, if they were customizing those compo heavies like we did before this patch, they had an extra 75 hp on all sides. Something to think about.

17. ViroMan

Well for this example my team was BE on money and we could only get about 3 heavies on the field to the enemies 6 at one time. My team was just too solo-soldier oriented. We had composite heavies and enemy had heavies of some kind with std cannons and target lock missiles(fuck... too tired to remember name). Our heavies were just getting completely owned until we we got absorbent then we were killing them 3-1. We still lost because new com refused to research arty and thy just bombed us to the stone age. That and the retarded team didn't want to use tanks.

18. ImSpartacus

Sounds like homing salvo, I.e. rape sauce.

19. Lazybum

Ah homing. Homing is kinda neat in that way, if you back up to avoid the missiles they will line up to hit you directly, meaning reflective properties get bypassed.

Still, like you said when you switched to abs I think you were also able to field more tanks so you had more firepower to kill them. It could also be people knew they had abs and were more careful with them. Some people if they have what they think is good armor they will overextend thinking they are invincible.

20. ImSpartacus

The really shitty thing is that absorbent had the guts to be three completely different armors, but none of those traits can really shine because they have to be bundled into one remotely balanced armor.

But that kind of bundling means fewer choices and that can make things simpler. You have to ask yourself - is empires a game about picking the right armor/engine/weapon/tank or is it about how you USE those things?