Empires 2.52 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by ImSpartacus, Sep 28, 2014.

1. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Changelog:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  2. Empty

Empty Member

plasma is ruined

3. ImSpartacus

DDD suggested that we try making compo heavier. Looking for feedback.

Just a pet peeve of mine. Nukes previous effective reload time was 22s. That's a bit silly and unintended. Now it's more like a cannon with a consistent 12s cycle time.

A non-salvo guided is just doing it wrong. It's simply not fun to have to keep your reticle on target for 6+ seconds with a typical 5-ML clip. You use a salvo and you only have to do it for 2-3s.

1. Useless weapons are a waste of space.
    2. We need more interesting 3-slot weapons.
    3. We have no cannons with >2s cycle times.

Three birds, one stone, bitches.

It handles like HE cannon since that seems to be a beloved cannon.

Since we haven't had cannons with this kind of cycle time, I'm not sure what kind of DPS is acceptable. This one will be changing.

Lazybum suggested this and I figure we oughta give it a try. Looking for feedback.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

So no new entities?

5. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Sparti, the news threads are the official announcment channels of the Empires dev team, you might want to atleast fake some maturity here...

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

seriously? thats about 1/4th respectively 1/3rd damage increase. i wasnt under the impression that infantry is out of balance that much ... for NFHR the difference is most noticeable, where you needed 3 bodyshots for someone without health upgrade its now 2. for its precision and rate of fire thats completely off. if you want to buff a bit, 5-10% maximum, if you want to distinquish it differently introduce or worsen drawbacks, but just trollolol i liek NF is bs.

i instinctively dont like the plasma change, but i cant really tell why either, so lets see. the salvo guided ml idea is deffinately interesting, its a really underused weapon.

what i really dislike is that nukes are spammier now. theres a huge difference between 2 more seconds cycle time and 12s additional reload time after each 3 shots (or 4?), even though the total time stays the same.

but maybe i just should shut up about my concerns and give it a chance. :D

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Edited his post accordingly.

8. ImSpartacus

Ok, that was a joke. My apologies. I thought people would see only one team's rifles getting massive buffs and immediately get it, but I was wrong.

I don't plan on touching infantry combat much at all. No one really has any issues with it (or do they?).

I want to see who decided that PlasmaCN & HECN needed gravities that are exactly 1/80 of a point apart.

9. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

As long as there's that huge amount of n00bs running into my crosshair (see yesterday) infantry combat is fine. I still don't get how stray shotgun bullets can hit people from 300 meters away, I like it though ^^

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Nice patch! It's good to get a few tweaks to the issues we've been discussing. Guess I've got to play a little now to see how they work out :p

It's balanced but if you're adept enough, it could use a little shaking up since a fair few of the weapons are serviceable with the approach Trickster took, but not exactly fun.

As it is, though, balance is always better than imbalance.

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

pistols could use a severe falloff increase though, even though we might have gotten used to it, its absurd how accurate they are over distance. i liked the scripts when fallout was introduced and you had to be rather close to be damaging. yeah it was off for some weapons, but all in all quite enjoyable - for me at least. it all feels at lot more ranged now.

12. Vdragon

Vdragon Member

mmhhhhhhhhh Yiss, can't wait to try it.

13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Already an update? best new dev.

14. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Already I want to complain about how you lowered absorbant's weight, there was no real reason to do that. But it might not effect stuff that much so we'll see.

15. ImSpartacus

I expect that some of these changes will be backed off, perhaps that armor change.

I thought it might make sense that the cheapest armor was the lightest just like turbine is the cheapest & the lightest.

But I agree that it's hard to tell what affect it'll have (if any). We'll probably try it out for a month and see what happens then.

Just finished an mvalley match as BE and it's pretty ridiculous. Throw in some coolant and it's a bit of a monster against tanks. DPS is obviously better with literally any other 2+ slot cannon, but it's fun to destroy a turret in one cannon salvo.

16. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

There is a difference between 20 weight and potentially 48 weight.

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

a little op with the plasma

18. Urknall

Urknall Member

I don't understand the discussion... we change it, we test it, we change it, we test it, we change it... the usual way of balancing!!!! Important is: Do the players still use everything for various strategies? And when not, why?

19. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

All this and it'll probably be another month before I get on again :cry:

20. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

And my spelling mistake lives on