Empires 1.07 and Blimps

Discussion in 'General' started by DonMegel, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Darg

Darg Member

Well I can't say that grappling hooks don't appeal to me. I've never played a game with them and the idea seems interesting enough. Imagine District ;)

2. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

I still vote for those Lesbian Commandos

-Sheepe

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

BF2 has the awp :P

4. jasonmgeorge

jasonmgeorge Member

I'd like to see an increase in the "enemy-present-no-build" radius for turrents beyond their firing radius. Over the weekend we had a comm drop level three turrents around our base in repeated maps and completely decimate us. I really don't have an issue with turrent farming, but at 50 and 75 ref each, unlimited fire, and automatic target tracking it's far more effective to start dropping turrents than send expensive tanks on an enemy position.

5. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

^^^
    you do have a point there and I had it happen to me, evil, evil turrets

6. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Maybe turret ammo should cost something like. 1 res for every 20 bullets or 1 res for 5 rockets

7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

somehow i read lebanese commandos, but then i remembered, they blow themselves up they cant possibly become commandos :|

8. Blitz

Blitz Member

i like the idea of arming the jeeps and then adding cheap bikes to take thier place as the quick run around

also idd like to see a few maps set in citys IMO this would realy add to infanty stratigy and make playing like ninja realy fun

oh and mechs.... joke

9. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

rofl
    disagreement
    i just find that when i play sometimes
    i crouch wait for about 5 mins shoot some1 @ about 50yards and miss them with all 5 rounds when they are standing still

10. Darg

Darg Member

Mortars are pretty strong when you know how to use them. I remember one time I killed about 6 people (including one of them being in a tank) with the mortar rounds that I had. I was at such a large distance that I was able to retreat safely and get more ammo.

11. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I wield the mortar like an effective killing machine, I trained with it quite alot, and it paid off.

When used correctly, it can be the deadliest weapon, with 1 or 2 hit ensured kills, and ballistic capabilities you can't lose.

12. dnc

dnc Member

mortars and mines thats my moto... last night ive was a grenadier came late in the game, be were cornered in that map with the hill in the middle, i got to the top of the leaderboard with my mortar and well placed mines, seriously 10 or more tanks ran over my mines, and the mortar is realy effective as a diversionary weapon, it gets tanks to move into the place with the mines...

13. Jn.

Jn. Member

THE best tactic in the world=placing half your mines at one end of a barracks, and the other half at the other entrance :D I was playing crossroads on BE, and I came across an NF barracks outside of the main walls unprotected. I did this, and got about 10 rank points :) and the barracks was obliterated. One player chased me in to the barracks, but when he saw me lay my mines he was trapped. All he could do was crouch there and try and shoot out. Then, one unsuspecting soldier ran in to a mine killing them both :D I could just picture the trapped players eyes go wide as someone just runs in to a mine right in front of him. Noooooooooooooooooooo waiiiiiiBOOM!!! I loved it. While they were running in to my mines, I was taking out all of their turrets and refineries. I love grenadier!

14. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

One thing thats bothers me about this game is the TAB player screen. It cuts off the bottom part of all the names.

15. pixelized

pixelized Member

so with the official server on 1.07 is it coming out very soon?

16. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

it's out. Just not announced =P

no aircraft or anything yet though.

17. 2TM

2TM Banned

Will the blimps lag?
    Please stop posting irrelevant pictures with your posts
    Sorry dee^ i find them funny but ill stop, can i post them if they are relevent?
    And will they lag?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
  18. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i played on the official server today....we owned BE on gauntlet than got owned by NF on that....one map. when the game isnt lagging, you can see the great potential in this mod.