emp_research

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Jimather, Jan 1, 2009.

1. KILLX

KILLX Banned

bind mouse3 "sm_slap @target 0"

Spectate

Chase the bastard around shooting him with your new admin gun.

2. Jimather

Jimather Member

Tips hat, thankyou sir.

Is it ? in a way its almost a good thing. If im having the same ideas as the mappers for a very popular rts then i can't be going too far wrong. Thats my positive spin on it anyway lol, thanks as well.

Damn, once again i thought i had tested that out reasonably thoroughly. Wall climbing and all. Anyway, it'll be quite simple to fix. Thanks for letting me know.

Only the noob server seems to have it on rotation atm, im sure bitchslap will have the new version up in good time. And thankyou!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  3. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

I'm looking for a screenshot of the map,but it was my #1 favorite RA1 map (and the RA2 version was pretty good).

Played it, and the gameplay is pretty great. Theres a few issues though.

The hill above the NF start can be gotten upon from the ref just to the north, making it easy for BE to rush and nadespam down. It's hard for the NF to get up, because they have no cover.

There is enough room in the hill-fort for a Baracks, but not an armory. Either some ammo in the upstairs of the base or a little additional room would be awesome.

4. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

ya new version is up and in rotation.

5. Goose

Goose Member

I like the map. It has a great look to it and has the potential to become a great empires map. Balance aside, it reminds me of cyclopean but seems to have a lot more fun little things in it. The map horribly favors BE.

1) The BE outpost. I am calling it that because the BE can rush it everytime and get it. The lower walls helps shield the BE rax and since its uphigher, it will be harder to hit. Say NF miraculously gets this base, the NF rax is taller and will be an easy target for tanks, mortars, and nades.

2)The ref overlooking the NF base. When BE takes this ref, since it has walls around it shielding it from direct access to the NF base, it can be a strong and easy point for BE to defend. Once up there they can mortar and nade spam the barracks that is located, right underneath it. 1 or 2 engineers that happen to take this out will have time to set up a rax there and a forward base that will cripple NF.

3) The South-middle ref. Its BE sided. The walls shield it from NF and create a favorable placement for BE.

4) I feel that in an evenly matched game, BE will have the chance to get up to 6 Refs at the start. If BE rushes 1/2 towards the fort, and the other 1/2 south and getting refineries on the way. If nf would try to get all 5 they would need to split up into 3 small groups where they would get decimated by the BE.

5) BE Base > NF Base
    - The ledge above NF base helps out be especially when arty comes. If they hold that ref they can rain down artillery on the base below while having cover from mortars, tanks and missiles.

I feel that this map would become much more balanced and fun, if some of these things were looked into and fixed.

6. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

Oddly enough, both times I have played this map, NF completely overwhelmed BE

7. Jimather

Jimather Member

Thats funny cos every time i have played be has won.

Thanks for the comments and tips people, its been noted and changes are afoot.

8. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

nf has to cap south and middle ref, then try for northeast. but ppl dont realize that.

bridge possession = nf win

9. Jimather

Jimather Member

Right, i have posted up a few changes that i have made, if anyone has any more suggestions for what needs to happen then let me know soon, as the final compile and release is not far off!

10. Jimather

Jimather Member

1.2 is now up.

11. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

I'd like to see thos rock colored hills to be shaped more like clifs.

12. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

It's on Nachos now.

13. Jimather

Jimather Member

Ta very much.

Vess: in the skybox or the general map dividing bits or both ?