emp_provinggrounds (flasche-thread)

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by flasche, Aug 27, 2009.

1. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

its cause 0 counts as a ticket since the bleed effect can go to -1, so it basically takes any value you put in by tickets and shows 1 less, I always do like 201, or 801, or some shit so it comes out even at start of map.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

k that makes sense ;)

still im not gonna compile for 4h again so fast <.<

3. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Do it during night ?

4. flasche

not because its 799 instead of 800 ^^

5. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

pssst, you can just do compile entites not bsp(no rad or vis either)

and it will just change those values

6. flasche

so, ima start fixing it. apcs or no apcs? wont get anything else, no jeeps, no tanks, just 2 apcs with 1std mg group 1 primary, 1std gl group 1 secondary, 3 layers of plain armor all around and std engine (i know its a tad heavier then allowed). well, you can argue with me about the APC setup, but i wont make them stronger, if anything, weaker.

question is, do you want them or not?
    also how many start res? everything is possible from 0 upwards since the base refs are prebuilt and the flags get you resources aswell.
    tickets will stay as high as they are atm.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  7. flasche

also please tell me what paths i have to use in the .res files? /materials/blahblah.jpg should be empires/materials/blahblah.jpg now, right?

8. flasche

apcs or no apcs?????
    [​IMG]

9. bitchslap

bitchslap Member

be nice to have a new sv cvar for vehicles that AREN't the CV
    then yer map is fixed

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

No APCs.

11. flasche

:sadflasche:

but ok, your game your choice, right?

any suggestions for starting money? as you can see it seems like its a thousand atm ... id happily give you that, or less ... or more ... or nothing at all? idk, tell me something, please, the faster the faster you get it back fixed ...

edit:
    hmm i could do the silk (hehe sry silk) and let it randomly decide if and what vehicles you get. with a very low probability youll start with nuke arties - no, j/k, but whatbout random apcs? like 33% pro apcs or smthg ...

12. flasche

ill answer here from the other thread to keep it together ...

rest assured i didnt packrat anything at all. the problem has to be either the spawners (they worked differently with the 1_3 version) or that the .res file only points to /materials/directory/file.vtf and imo it should be /empires/materials/directory/file.vtf ... idk it works on my side, now ill have to figure out how to get it working on yours. ive never used packrat so far only posted zipped versions of the maps ...

13. Trickster

You might not have, but I do recall you handed the map over to Keef/Shandy. Seriously, the only thing wrong with your map is all the crates on the NF side are untextured. That's all it is. The map works fine, and there are no spawners in any of the 1_ series, or even the _b2 version we have, because we tried them all yesterday, and had there been spawners, the server would have crashed. The only thing wrong with emp_provinggrounds_1_4 (the last version afaik) is that the custom crates you have on the NF side are untextured.

14. flasche

its the same crates on all of them - they actually only are "map geometry" (func_details, so they are entities but well) not models, all in all its only a custom texture omni made - as the red, blue and darkgray concrete which are by shandy.
    according to this thread i only removed the spawners from 1_4 - which i dont have a vmf for anymore for some odd reason, maybe on some external hdd im not aware off, so i had to read up on what i fixed and do that again manually.
    i have no clue what could possibly wrong, but it currently works on my side, so its at least nothing unsolveable.

i have no clue about pakrat. i only used it once on a different map and since it didnt instantly work as expected and i had better things to do (probably not, but lets assume) i never touched it again.
    also i doubt shandy or keef could have interfered because i compiled a vmf into a fresh bsp. as far as i understand it, pakrat somehow attaches a zip to the bsp or smthg like that.
    they only had it up to 1_2 or so ...
    maybe you or someone able to put maps on (omega maybe?) did pakrat the map, that might be possible. think pgrounds was still g4tc times wasnt it?

is it mandatory to use pakrat now? im certain i can figure it out, im just too lazy to fail a few times before it works ...

15. Trickster

It's not mandatory to use pakrat. But anyway, I think we're mistaken. I know it's your map and by rights you know more than me, but something isn't adding up here. I know for a fact that an earlier version of your map had a .res file with a custom crate in it, it's the crate used on the NF side and it's different to the BE ones, and it's custom, and it's the only thing that's broken at the moment. If you're online tomorrow night, I'll fire up the server and show you the errors. Everything points to those crates. Maybe Keef/Shandy pakratted it?

16. flasche

i released 1_3 and 1_4 myself so chances are low that they could have interfered. its odd, but what does it actually matter, i have a fixed version readily compiled. and there are no model-crates or pakrated stuff in this version either.
    ill upload it tomorrow some time during the day ...

17. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

I noticed the capitalization on a file name in res file was wrong, I changed it and I tested it on emp main and it seems to work fine. SEE NOTE BELOW.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Doesn't seem to matter about the capitalization, it works fine regardless, must be something on your end trickster.
    I seem to recall that source sometimes can have a corrupted file download from the server sometimes that messes your client up.
    Try deleting empires\materials\omni\icacrate01_flasche_nf.vtf and icacrate01_flasche_nf.vmt from your client.

Also the only file pakratted into the bsp is
    Code:
    "materials\maps\emp_provinggrounds_1_4\common\nature\blend_grass_mud_003_wvt_patch.vmt"

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  18. flasche

i didnt do that, it must have something to do with the displacements - maybe its the texture which contains the alpha map ...

i told you, if crates are missing its bc of something with the res file ^^

19. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

this map was fun when it didn't have huge starting res and apc's at start.

20. flasche

thanks for feedback viro, it wont have. i should get it packed up and release 1_5, so this issue fixes itself when everyone has to redownload a new version.