Donating Wages to your Team

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by TheCreeper, Feb 28, 2016.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. Yes

61.5%
  2. No

38.5%
  1. TheCreeper

TheCreeper Member

There have being many times where I've had >1000 wages and could have helped my team significantly if I was only able to donate them. Should players be given the ability to donate wages to their team?

It's being suggested that this could create a bad atmosphere where players (newbies in particular) are pressured into donating their wages by the commander and rest of their team. Do you agree?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    vipervicki likes this.
  2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

good idea thecreeper

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm not 100% on board the donate res to team thing, I feel like it's gonna cause comms to constantly ask for donations. As odd as it sounds I also don't want wages to be used for any buildings, I feel like some crappy mechanic of farming wages to fast drop a radar or something is gonna happen.

Instead of a donate wages to res pool might be better to simply buy a tank. Like now, expect 2 important things. You can do it outside the vf, anywhere on the map. When you make that tank, a little counter or something pops up somewhere on the vf menu saying there's basically a free tank/jeep/apc/arty able to be built. Maybe right next to the tank's name in the vehicle selection box? Or right next to the build button when looking at the chassis description, or even a second button that says "prebuilt tank"? I wonder if it'd be better to have a simple flat cost so people can buy these tanks with their wages.

Actually scrap all that, the simple way is to just make a separate vehicle fund that players can donate to if they want. My main point is I do think there should be a way to remotely contribute your wages to the team somehow, but I really don't want wages to be used for buildings. After all the only thing you can do with wages is build vehicles, so it makes sense that donated wages in some form can only be used for vehicles.

Neoony and Thexa4 like this.
  4. Ranger

Ranger Member

What about donating the money to individual players? Or give it all to poor grekland.

TheCreeper and vipervicki like this.
  5. Neoony

Neoony Member

Yeah, donate to the team might make loads of issues.

But when I sometimes play a Gren and dont feel like vehicles, I dont see anything wrong with donating it to a good tanker.

But donation to a res pool would be a big change, as currently wages are ONLY used for vehicles.

6. DocRabbit

DocRabbit Member

Think this can prob be done already with a repair pad and vehicle. Build a trickedout vehicle, and strip it down on repair pad?

7. Lazybum

That's incredibly involved though, and a kind of waste of a tank. There needs to be a simple button to click and be done with it.

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I support donate to team HOWEVER, you should not allow anyone else to view your wages. Thus the com can't demand you to donate, if he doesn't know you have anything to donate.

9. Lazybum

He can just look that the score board though? You get basically 20 res for any point, its like one thing that inst and I forget what it is.

10. TheCreeper

TheCreeper Member

Well to be fair, the commander might not know if you've already spent those wages yet.

I like this idea.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  11. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

This I like too. Add a button in the team tab next to your team members that donates 100 rez per press?

12. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I prefer donating to a player.

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Yeah I like that idea.
    But maybe cut the donated wages by 30%?

200 donated, 140 received.

You gain 5 wages for kill assists.

14. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Can't you just build a few tanks and leave them for your team instead of donating, helps your team and has no administrative overhead.

15. Lazybum

Requires you to spawn back into base and actually do that, along with not guaranteeing the person you want in a tank actually gets a tank(thus why people like the donate to person idea). There is also the strangest of things where you build a tank for someone to take and no one does, so it detonates like a minute later. It's a shame when it happens to a heavy.

16. Ranger

Ranger Member

I WON'T ALLOW MY EMPIRES WAGES TO BE TAXED! NOT MY EMPIRES WAGES!!!

I believe donating should be easily done anywhere unless dead.

17. complete_

complete_ lamer

maybe we should just make wages invisible so that nobody bugs people with high wages for a tank. if you want to make a tank for your team, then do it

the alternative is a nerf to wages if this is implemented, because we will notice a large amount of wages that are gained by points and then donated

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I think tax would be better.
    I can nerf wages but we already earn so little :(

19. Ranger

Ranger Member

Where would the taxed wages go?

20. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

I think this is a bad idea.
    1) All players will be pressured into donating their wages, also new players, causing new friction among players.
    2) Inevitably with such unintuitive features, some people will not know, or forget about them. Then the game becomes more about how many players you have on your team that know how to donate their wages, than about players' skills or the commander's strategy.
    3) It's one more thing to pay attention to when you're running around trying to kill and not be killed.
    4) Meta game; the start of the game becomes a race to farm points (building walls as engineer) in order to drop a radar as soon as possible.

Rather, I would like to see a possibility to contribute to the team strategically, by placing buildings yourself with the Personal CommandView.
    https://forums.empiresmod.com/index.php?threads/personal-commandview.19190

However, I can see one benefit;
    1) With some players escrowing their wages (or, forgetting about them for a while), we will see more games with wild swings both ways, as those wages not only go to tanks but perhaps to a new barracks or base.

I think the original intent of the feature was to give more power to the player, so that he is not quite so reliant on the commander. As such, I think the tax idea is a bad one; commanders would quickly coalesce on the minimum wages possible, to minimize the waste in wages on players who waste tanks.