DnD, Mini adventures ahoy!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lazybum, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Alrighty, who wants to play some small adventures? I'll be dming, though you'll have to bear with me as I have no experience in the manner. We are using the 5th edition, because it's really the only version I'm familiar with. Because these are not long campaigns the characters you'll play as will probably be pregenerated(I'll be doing this tomorrow) just to speed it up and I wouldn't expect to get super attached to anything. You can make one if you really want, I'm starting people at level 5 for your information. There is a caveat though, you can't make a magic person, so no wizards, sorcerers, warlocks, bards, even clerics and paladins. Don't even think about using one of those sub classes like eldritch knight. Hope you're prepared for a lot of fun. I'm sorry if this sounds like a strict restriction, but there's story related reasons for it.

It's super short notice, but this will happen on Sunday, 1 pm EDT/6 pm Uk time. If you guys want we can start a bit earlier, the session itself can be anywhere between 3-6 hours depending on how things go.

So anyway, time for some setting and lore amirite?

But wait, there's a different story if you want. This one might have wizards, possibly only wizards. Edit: Yes, definitely wizards, and a fun twist.

Ha, you thought that was all? More coming straight at ya. Note this one can have whatever for classes.

So pick a story, we'll go with whatever get's most votes. If you like a couple of them we can try doing a different one at a later date, assuming the first session works out ok. As an aside, if you don't like any of these settings I can pull another one out.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

>player 1

3. Metruption

Metruption Member

does shadow monk count as nonmagical?
    what about fallen paladin whose hubris prevents him from even considering reconciliation?
    >player 2

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

You guys better have some summary done for this.

5. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

>Player 3

6. Lazybum

The no magic dealy is just for the first option. In the context of that story a paladin doesn't make sense to begin with, so a fallen paladin can't exactly happen. You can always play a fighter or something with the mentality of a paladin, along with keeping a medkit around. Shadow monk is... sadly a bit to magical. So no dice there.

Also, which scenario do you guy want to play? Just so I can spend more time developing that one. I have a rough outline for all of them and a few I haven't mentioned, but I'm gonna need a hot minute to make characters and figure out what monsters do.

7. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Human feats option at lvl 1 or no?

8. Lazybum

Sure, I don't see why not.

9. Z100000M

Im okay with starting with no magic option.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

If you have space I wouldn't mind playing. I don't really mind what kind of setting/adventure tbh :p

11. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

You picked the one time every week I can't do xD

Limited magic campaign worlds can be a lot of fun, I've run one of those before. Hope nobody dies in the first encounter! :headshot:

12. Z100000M

Just roll two characters instead of one. D:

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

You should prrrrobably mention the player limit, just in case.

14. Z100000M

Whats the format lazy? Are you using roll20?

15. Lazybum

Would have done it today, but empire things keep happening on saturdays.

Yeah, I'm going to limit it to 4 players mostly because I don't know if I can handle more. I think more would work out fine if it was going to be a battle heavy session like a war or something, but I don't know what you guys will end up doing.

And yes, roll 20. Which reminds me, I need to learn how that works.

Edit: I just realized I have the players.

Z!000000M
    Metruption
    Kane
    Ikalx

Also it looks like everyone is looking to make a nonmagic character, so I guess it's setting one we will be doing. Which is nice, it's the most fleshed out idea I had.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  16. D.D.D. Destroyer

Go to roll20, log into your account, go to My Campaigns, create a new one, fill in any fitting details, send out invites via email or direct link to the players. Also send one to me, I might have finished setting up in time to check out the later parts :rolleyes:

I suggest spending some time looking for good assets (tokens, maps, sounds) if you are going to use the map. The free selection is limited at times. You can also use the drawing tool and sketch in tokens and maps of your own.

The /gr or /gmroll function is your friend. Only you and the GM can see the rolls with that command. For privacy and DM hacks.

The roll20 wiki has all the knowledge you could need and more. Keeping it open in a separate tab will prove handy. Also keep the dungeon master's guide, monster manual and players handbook open. Things will be forgotten, and finding them fast is cool because there's shorter awkward pauses.

And don't be afraid of altering the rules to fit the game better.

17. Z100000M

[​IMG]lol

18. Lazybum

One thing I find annoying about the pdfs is the search function is kinda ass. At least I have a general idea of where things are.

Also here's a campaign link. https://app.roll20.net/join/1062433/PdtO0Q
    Nothing in there yet really, but you can put character info in there I think.

19. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Don't include me if someone else wants to play. I don't really want to take someone else's slot.

20. Lazybum

Well no worries, it's just you 4 who asked to play. Dragown can't play, who was the only one who showed interest.