District

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by -=SIP=-, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenarion

zenarion Member

My tactic:
    Turn off Empires when district is the next map.
    All problems solved.

2. YouzY

YouzY Member

I don't like that you can abuse the bug of shooting over the boxes while standing and nobody actually can see your head, only one pixel, not even that sometimes..

Quick fix plox, lower the height of the smaller boxes

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Agree 100x over.

But the crates where your viewpoint is just over them and the enemy can only just see the tip of your head is really gay. Viewpoint of people needs to be moved from your forehead to your eyes.

4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

What really matters is where the bullets come from not the viewpoint. It would still be gay if you only needed to expose like 1/2 your head and could still shoot lasers out your eyes.

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Why not just rise the crate with like.. 2 steps?

6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Afaik, the bullets come out of a set distance below the viewpoint. In other words, you lower the viewpoint and your crosshair will be below the crate.

7. MajorTom

MajorTom Member

It's simple really

8. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

All your tiny changes won't fix district.

Yesterday I had an endless round on district (had 100+ kills). It was on _alt3 and I don't know if the bleeder wasn't working or why we were playing for 30+ minutes with 0 tickets.

Personally I find that _alt3 is the best version of district because you can use the sewers effectively and flank the enemy. Mortar and grenade spam isn't a problem any more.
    But the fun was over as both teams were short on tickets. Nearly nobody rushed or flanked any more because they didn't wanted to wait forever for revive.

And so I still think that disabling the engineer for district will be the only working solution. Without revive it's all about the skill to get a better kill/death ratio then the enemy. Engineers are the dominate class on all other maps. Why also on district?

9. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Why not give unlimited tickets, and a timer that makes the team with the most flags win after like... 20min? Or how long it usually takes to play district.

10. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Doesn't current district already have this?

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I need to get with keef and see if I can't have him or myself mix the 2 districts into one. The routes I created were very rough and quickly made, but keef put some more time into his, it looks nicer. Just need to mix in the sewers with the extra access points.

As far as the tickets, There was once an idea to have the map constantly bleed like glycencity, so that the map will last a maximum of 20 minutes, and end quicker depending upon how many flags you take.

Not sure what was done with the current district, though I like the idea of having all but the center flag capped on start.

12. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

In current district all the flags bleed.
    So if you cap all the flags but the last one, the enemy could conceivably win if you have like 0 tickets.
    Unless, the last flag doesn't bleed; I'm not sure about that.

13. FN198

FN198 Member

ITT noobs

14. Michael

Michael Member

according to SIP's picture
    16 kills and 4 t.used with 160 ping (heh Viper) bah... I don't like district : P

The general idea isn't bad, to have a small scale infantry streetfighting map, but district is too small with it's one way route (both ground, and sewers).
    I experienced it to be very predictable, you cannot use timing since, there are always somebody camping on every possible appearence position, with pro's already targeting your head... boom
    Most players unfamiliar with the sewers, so they just let through backstabbers (especially Trickster camping on spawnpoints, blah : P ), and you can't do shit if you are "alone" and -un-covered by an entire squad.

Grenades and mortars just overpowering the camping / spamming on fix positions which completely disables any advancing / counter-attack attempts, with the only exception if the ENTIRE team is trying, but ofc that happens "a lot", you see.

Short solution: totally deleting, all versions of district.
    Long solution: make at least one more independent ground passage. (Yep I won't be sad if the sewers will be nerfed to NOT have full connection, or being completely removed)

15. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Just want to bring up the topic again.

Generally I like district. Especially with the new weapons which gave me most points and kills at every round I played (thanks to Trickster scripts and my big TFT which made it easy to kill every moving pixel I see).

But the main problem is still there. At equal teams the better revivers always decide the round.
    Why don't change it to the ticket system like in blast?
    High amount of tickets and a hugh bleed at every flag. Especially middle flag needs a higher bleed. Currently you can hold middle flag for hours and will still lose if the enemy revives more.
    Also a second middle flag at the sewers would make the rounds more dynamic.

16. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

problem is... holding middle can be bad for you as your team will suffer heavy losses due to nade and mortar spam.

17. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

thats district isnt it? if revives wouldnt decide it there'd be like no reason for engies at all ...

18. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

revivers shouldn't decide the game alone

19. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Reviving engis will still be important because without them you always have to walk from the spawn point to your last position. This walk time often decides if you can hold a flag or not.
    And beside of this it wouldn't be wrong to have one map where engis are not the most important class. See blast: A revive engi is not needed to win but having one near to you gives you an advantage.

20. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the only similarity between district and blast is that both suck and have no comm - which might be related ;)

anyway my prognose for your district suggestion, once the ticket bleed of center is high enough so that revive doesnt decide the map, you will only see rifleman anymore (except for pointfarming in the beginning maybe)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.