dispensable bumper cars

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FN198, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It would be great if tanks didn't shoot bean bags, if they actually shot real shells (like in any other game good example being any battlefield game) then tank combat wouldn't be so stale. If we do that we can also lower their resistance to gren rpg and stuff, basically make tanks anti-structure vehicles instead of anti-whole-enemy-team.

2. Empty

Empty Member

It's not so much that tanks are anti-everything as they're just impervious to everything, which results in them becoming anti everything.

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Strengthening weapons = cutting armor, and slow tanks = boring game.

4. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Cutting armor + fast tanks = fun game.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

why dont you play gt5 or forza4 for racecars? both have way better driving physics ...

6. LordDz_2

Because I don't want to play racing games? I want to play this mod. But I want to play it, not watch two tanks sit and shoot peashots at each other.

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

heavy tanks should move slower and do more damage instead of shooting pies at each other. It SHOULD be something to fear for both teams. Driving the tank you should be afraid to go alone due to not being able to run away from anything except maby a soldier. Cutting armor in half is a good start but, the tank needs to slow down.

8. flasche

and where is the difference to now? ;)

slower and weaker tanks would just mean its pointless to just run pass the enemy. it should get us more defined frontlines and make infantry more valueable.
    you dont have to slow down all tanks to only move as fast as infantry, this ofc would be overdone and i fear if its not really wanted by devs we better dont try to convince them or we will have another fail-change, slight alterations have never been the strength of our various dev teams :P
    anyway, you cannot say slower tanks mean a more boring game. its just getting more of a risk to charge into the enemy - you even might get more adrenaline out of it then you do currently ...

9. FN198

FN198 Member

this is me driving through the enemy lines with an endgame mbt going right for your comm passing by massive turret fields and trailing enemy tanks
    [​IMG]

10. flasche

and thats what is shit about empires, no matter how pro you feel, its no archievement doing this at all - everyone can take a heavy and drive through a base. if a full team does it and rushes the comm directly there is little chance that he survives. this thankfully only doesnt happen much since people generally dont like to play suicidal in computer games (for whatever reason it often pays off) and/or rank up points to lead the scoreboard (to feel even "pro-er" bc they managed to kill people with nukes)

i find "disrupitve gaming" to be not much fun and i find it odd to assist this from a gameplay side.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  11. LordDz_2

Sure, I'm ok for slowing down Heavy tanks.
    But I still want to keep the same speed for the AFVs / LTs. They're fast attack vehicles and should stay as such. (Because speed is fun).

and I still want a reduce in armour health.

12. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

exactly the light tank/afv should be fast... then the medium speed meds and the slow heavy hitting heavy.

13. flasche

exactly what i want. odd, I thought wed have a differing view ...

14. FN198

FN198 Member

it's amusing how part of the empires community wants vehicles to behave like bf3 infantry (fast, weak, close quarters combat) and another part of the empires community wants vehicles to behave like bf3 vehicles (slow, powerful, ranged combat)

15. LordDz_2

and then it's you who just whines at everything.

16. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Was just about to say the same thing

17. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

There's no reason we can't have both, but either would be fine. It'd be cool if heavies were slow (ranged), powerful and tough, but it would also be neat if they were fast (close), weak and fragile.

But right now we just have fast, weak, tough tanks at all three levels of tanks. It simply doesn't work.

As far as I know, the problem is currently being remedied by making tanks more fragile, which would slot it into the latter of the two possibilities. Problem solved.

18. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Problem is with adjusting all these things is, before we even see the solution and the changes we are already obsessing about something else cause the problem solving take ages in this mod.

A month ago the problem was absorbant/armours, now it's tanks in general, next month it's going to be rifles and the month after that cv health etc etc

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

le sigh

20. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Well thank god the dev team doesn't always listen to the plebeians.