Devil Thres

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by harryhoot1, May 15, 2012.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Diablo 3 costs approx. 38 EUR in stores around here.

Only it's out two hours after delivery for the second day already.

2. Iselore

Iselore Member

so nobody here is playing. :pathetic:

3. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

4. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

i m playing.... tbh its decent but so much fucking running around like a retard... all i can think is wow this game would be 5x funner with maphack. Seriously epsecially past normal I don't want to run around a fucking dungeon looking for a way down and have to backtrack 2-3 times every level. fucking retarded they just have it in so the game seems longer but i'd much prefer difficulty being harder to make game longer rather than forcing people to run around like asshats. seriously 95% of my playtime i'm just playing with 1 hand barely doing anything then occasionally you just get 1 shooted by some fag mobs you havn't seen before (ROFL EXPLODING MOBS THAT ONLY TAKE TWO TO KILL YOU I SEE WE HAVN"T LEARNED ANYTHING FROM THE IRON MAIDEN CHAOS SANCTUARY SHIT BLIZZ, PLEASE MAKE PLAYING MELEE GAYER)

anyways

yeah

its like 90% a good game but the lack of MH or guiding system and the fact ranged is so OP compared to melee (almost everything remotely dangerous can be kited especially with the mobility spells ranged heroes have (like rofl monk has no good mobility spell to dodge shit even though he needs it the most))

meh

if pvp is good and inferno stays hard hard i might keep playing we'll see

also auction house makes game stupidly easy

goto auction house put in your level search weapons by dps keep scrolling till you se esomething with low buyout and purchase. also auction system is retarded
    days?
    I fucking wouldn't even wait that long for endgame content let alone stuff you need for your level right now.

story is good though and cutscenes are epic but there is a bunch of little shit that really ruin game just stupid stupid stupid design choices

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

They should take out the auction house altogether and just have the old system of joining games simply to trade.

6. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

rofl no one trades ingame in d2 anymore anyways it would just move to d2jsp if they didn't have auction house.

what they should have is a non-shit auction house. Like you can't remove items or change buyout cost? can't choose how long to run auction? fucking retarded blizz is just sucking the life out of their IP. d3 is fucking terrible after normal unless you MH

7. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

If the AH is so bad why don't you just stop using it? Or is it forced or something?

I don't know much about Diablo btw, the first one on ps1 was way too scary for me to play :/

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  8. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

its not forced but only real way to trade as channels are nerfed and so forth...

tbh don't buy the game... its not even really better than d2... worse in a lot of ways.. maybe if it goes on sale for 20 bucks or something the SP game maybe worth it then but its not worth full price or even close to it

9. Iselore

Iselore Member

so you stopped playing it already?

10. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

yeah pretty much maybe i will a bit more with my cousin and brother. but its an 8 hour game they expect you to play 4 times to be a full game. Everyone's riding blizzards dick about it but really compare it to skyrim its laughable what they get away with. Crafting system sucks. Auction house sucks. So few skills, most runes do fuck all. ooooOo now my one skill does 2x the damage or has chance to stun. fucking amazing.

Its a good single player story but i just don't see it having the replayability that d2 did and its super fucking short if you don't plan on playing it for pvp and such. heres what i posted on d3 forums

Yep.

Crap loot system. Low drops on legendaries and even then they are !@#$. Already auction house is flooded by blues that are better.

Tedious. Way to keep the worst part of d2. Slogging through dungeons and backtracking to find one %^-*ing door. There is a reason why most people had maphacks. Look at the content compared to say, skyrim. So laughable. Its an expansion worth of content for any other RPG but they make you play it 4x so it becomes a full game. Only blizz can get away with !@#$ like this.

Skill system. Actually don't mind it. But even then a lot of the skills are meh and don't feel that great. (for example the monk blink strike, constnantly gets caught up on %^-*, misses if they are running away)

Game is stupidly easily 95% of the time then stupidly hard if you get unlucky rolls on unique mobs.

Auction house. Not even sure how you design something that bad. 10 item limit. Can't remove items. Can't lower buyout. Can't set auction length(seriously 2 days is so long even for end game content) Can't use ingame. Can't look at your own items unless fully repaired. I don't understand how you thought any of this was a good idea. But then again considering sc2s custom game system I don't know why I'm surprised.

Diablo 2's game system was way better. Every time I've opened my game up to publics its just been filled by crappy players that just slow me down. At least with d2 you could unparty and so on.

Despite the whole "oh yeah it won't be like d2 grinding certain parts over and over again" already people have found multiple places to just that (A3 quest boss, A2 resplendent chest runs).

Also not to mention MH already out and bots already out as well.

All in all its like a different version of d2 that has some stuff that's a bit better, better graphics and stuff thats way !@#$ier (I'm looking at you loot). Keep riding that IP gravy train blizz. If this was published by any other company it would get mid 70 reviews. Worth MAYBE 20 bucks, if that. Too bad torchlight 2 doesn't have an online mode like bnet tho.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Inb4 ban.

Also, what was up with SC2's custom game setup?

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

im quite certain blizzard will be patching the hell out of D3 - you cant compair beta- or even public beta testing with the testing that happens the second after release day.
    if you buy a game on release daymonth dont expect it to be balanced and bug free, dont tell me its the first game you bought ...

13. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Have you played it? Even closed beta would have caught it. It was PAINFULLY OBVIOUS that stuff was runnable (ok maybe not act2 resplendent chest but whoever put that in the game should have been like, oh, should we really put a resplendent chest that is super easy to get to and spawns every time next to a wp at start of a quest)

Its so fucking bad for what a modern game should be. Economy is already in the shit too. AH is full of BLUE(basic magic) items that are way better than any of the legendaries. Pretty pathetic. I mean I'm all for rares being best but meh drops in a2 inferno better than best unique(legendaries)?

Its actually fairly bug free though. Balance isn't that bad either apart from the exploits that would have EASILY been caught by beta. Really anyone who played monk past level 50 should have found the quickning bug. The game is just bad apart from story. If any other company released it it would get trashed so hard. Its really just not a good game at a very basic level. So much shits missing(pvp), wardens not even running and there is already bots running.

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It's complete garbage, the only maps you can find games on are on the first two pages and maybe the third because no one wants to go on to the fourth and over. The only good maps now that are on the first two pages are star battle, euro risk, and mafia. It was awesome when battlecraft and income wars were really popular, because those maps actually took skill to play, but now it's just like squadron TD and Desert Strike.

Like Mephisto runs from d2? Magic drops and hours and hours of repetitive gameplay

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  15. Trickster

Do people still play Footmen Wars?

16. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

i think so

tbh wc3s custom game scene was way way better and still is somewhat. all they had to do was add an OK server browser ie show player numbers and so forth but instead they add some shitty system that makes it super hard to play anything but the top 5-10

tbh blizz is just riding their IP. I can't really comment on WOW. They are just lucky sc/diablo are such popular franchises. Nothing really that impressive about sc2. Diablo 3 has such little content it might as well be an indie game except for all the voicework/cutscenes.

I acutally started a wizzard which is a hell of a lot funner than my monk was.... doubt i'll go past 30ish though.. maybe we'll see

17. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I blame Bobby Kotick.

18. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

The fact that normal mode is brainmelting easy (it was in d2 too but it somehow didnt bother me) makes it a no go for me. I dont want to play the game multible times with the same class to get to the hard mode.

Well theirs torchlight II, grim dawn and path of exile
    I really hope grim dawn will be good because they defs say they dont want to make it casual friendly like d3.

Edit:
    (after reading the thread) Yeah simon is right they just milk their three big franchises. WoW sucks, D3 and sc2 are basicaly just a graphicaly update of the predecessor.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  19. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

World of Warcraft was good up until around patch 2.3. It was slowly getting worse with things like the Honor System, but I think it was 2.3 that really killed the playerbase.

20. Trickster

Fagamaaaaaaaaaa