[Developer Crossroad] Ammo Crates blocking buildings

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by soundspawn, Jan 30, 2010.

?

Implement?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    54.2%
  1. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I just wanted melee to destroy them. See what happens when people derail? :|

2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

We could change that you cant place ammoboxes on res nodes in the first place.

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

JUST WHATEVER.

All I want is to eliminate the ammo-blox. Nothing more. COME ON PEOPLE.

4. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

As I told DrummerX previously...

Personally, I love dropping an ammo box by a res node. I LOVE IT. I get a kick out of throwing one down before deconning a refinery near the enemy main... if I get theirs down I don't even need our own placed. If I have a comm that is either too busy or to dumb to place a ref I'll just drop ammo next to a node and drive off in my jeep, if we can't have it no one can hahaha

That's right, I bought a jeep to, want to fight about it?

5. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

In a normal strategy game that would be fine.

In empires, the real gameplay problem arises when a player trecks all the way over to a node and then can't do anything because there's an ammo box there.

Ref nodes in empires represent territory controlled. There's nothing 'controling an area' about stopping players placing a ref node. You could place the ammo, destroy the ref and get killed by one of their engineers. Their engineer comes over and has now conquoured the territory but... oh wait... he can't rebuild because somehow an invincible, 1000 tonne ammo box is sitting by it.

Finally: It feels like a bug. There's no way of convincing average player bob that something that clearly looks like a bug and is frustrating to one party isn't a bug. This makes the mod look unpolished and crap to bob.

6. communism

communism poof

I feel the same way, removing this would just take some strategy away from the game

7. Empty

Empty Member

Put a camera on it, wall it up.

The difference between an ammocrate and a bunch of walls is that the walls can actually be destroyed with some work, same with the camera, but an ammocrate is completely separate of the enemy team, they can't do anything to it or about it, and it's fucking annoying.

It's more fun if you're say, a level 5 wizard to fight a level 90 dragon than to fight a level 2 rat which can't die.

8. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

griefing ensured ... <.<

9. Empty

Empty Member

Dropping VFs on the enemy comm for the win.

10. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Man, but imagine the fun of dropping armories from space as a weapon.

Oh, an LT rush, hmm? Suddenly, armories from orbit! CRUSH CRUSH CRUSH!

11. Whisky

Whisky Member

LMAO! How frustrating would that be! For the attackers of course.

Both these highlight why an ammo box should be destructable. Should it fade away or explode? Have to be destroyed or automaticly removed on building placement? I personally don't care. Either would work for me just as I know which one it is. :p

So my vote is ammo crates should not be allowed to block buildings.

12. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

Yes. When I notice there's a camra on the res node I want a refinary at, I too feel like a lev 5 wizard fighting a level 90 dragon. I stick on the starship troopers theme and don my leather jacket. Sometimes I find myself screaming into the mic unintelligable words due to the sheer quantity of testosterone I have to amass before beginning the assault.

13. Empty

Empty Member

You know what I mean.

14. CobaltBlue

CobaltBlue Member

I like the ingenuity of the quick-fix idea, although I personally think I'd prefer to wait for the destructible boxes.

standing-in/running-through/shooting-through ammo boxes doesn't seem like a small enough opportunity cost.

15. zenarion

zenarion Member

Someone fix this please. You can still block refs by other stuff the engineer already HAS at his disposal.