Dev Blogs

Discussion in 'General' started by Destroyer224, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

By the way how many cannon slots is the Super Heavy gona have? 6 in a row? for like a uber heavy massaive gun thats better than the rail? That would be Uber Owanage!! :D :D

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

read moar. the slots mean nothing, it would be a free (in terms of res) commander power. i'm guessing the commander would earn points in a fashion like that of squads, and then a VF would give birth to it, or it would be airdropped or spawned. if you actually read this thread, pretty much every question you have asked would have already been answered.

3. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

First of all, that transport sound demo is amazing. Got me all tingly and excited. Perhaps we can have Krenzo code in a dynamic music system that plays music when the transport gets into a hot zone.

As for my portfolio, I realize my peices are planes and tanks, this is due to a time constraint. I am useing models, for the most part, that are all close to being done since I have a deadline to meet. I have some scenes planned as well as a character model that will be coming up soon. Hopefully that will help.

The Beast would not be customizable as it can not be built, it has to be spawned as a reward from the com. Think Company of Heroes. The cannon would fire high velocity armor peircing rounds that could destroy anything shy of a heavy tank in one hit. Just keep in mind that this actually being used is a long shot. I just modeled it with Empires in mind.

Here are those size shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

what about those auto-cannons on the side?

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

i want it be able to crush lt. Yes they are from the same faction but it would
    look awesome. ^^

6. newguy

newguy Member

Awesome detail in that model!

7. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Im gessing that you will only be alowed 1 or 2 like in COH.It should be able to hold 4 or 5 in the tank since ur limited. If that is the case and the tank is that size it would be good to have side cannons on each side and an mg on the front all manable. Think of it like the leviaten out of UT3 without the uber gun. :D

Now all of u dont start going on saying im rushing Don and its a stupid idea but its just a sujestion.

8. KILLX

KILLX Banned

so, you want to give a tank with comm level armor, and a 1-hit-kill-on-anything-but-heavies cannon, even more guns?

facepalm

9. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

why not? It would be the uber of resechs. How about to get it:

You have to have recherched certain things like railguns and nukes,

Would be very slow

Could have a certain weekness like week VS plasma. This could also make comms get other things other than the usual:
    Comp...Av-Coolnt...Meds...HEshells..Heavys...Rails...Nukes

...OR....TA! DA! new game type...like...stop the advanceing tank or something. :D

10. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Didn't Donmegel say how to get it and how it should work? Please read before posting.

11. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I did read it I know its unbuildable.

Im just giveing other sujestions :p

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  12. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

The spelling! It makes my eyes bleed!

13. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Can u stop takeing the piss of my spelling. Plz

14. KILLX

KILLX Banned

your spelling makes it fucking hard to understand you at times. use a Frenchy-French-McFrenchy spellchecker you lazy -beep-

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2008
  15. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Im fucking dislexic!!! :veryangry:

16. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Stop fighting or I'll hand out temporary bans.

17. Reef

Reef Member

When I first saw The Beast I thoght "omg, this would be a sweeeeet NF medium tank!" too.

BTW everyone knows that a common practice in tank construction buisness is to put some external petrol tanks on the hull :) One shell in the back and the fuel burns the tank ==> Army must buy a new one ==> $$$

Normal tank drinks like 100L/hour, so refilling tank of size of The Beast it with that small petrol tanks would not be very smart I think. It could turn out that it drinks the petrol faster than You refill it :)

18. Zehtuka

Zehtuka Member

Who cares about petrol in empires? Or will this beast have to refuel..............

19. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

Lol you get 5 feet and the tank stops and u hear "OMFG we ran out of petrol again!! we need to get back to base for refuel!! OMFG we cant the tanks out of petrol" or we might start hearing "How does I get PETROLZ!!!"

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

scale it down. use it as the NF medium tank.

then it will certainly get used. and if you're upgrading the NF heavy, which will be amazing, then this will save you having to upgrade the NF Med tank with a new model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.