DayZ standalone released

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fooshi, Dec 16, 2013.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Stop it grant, im trying to troll Z100M
    GOOSSHH~~~~~

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

They are pretty rampant on v.

As far as reddit goes, I only twice went on df page, so it automatically doesnt even count.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The only good subreddit is dad jokes. The rest are complete shit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

are you seriously going to give me shit because i enojy watching mentally handicapped argue over the stupidest shit?

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Oh in that case good work. I sometimes look into /v/ because you can find some really, really original cringe/autism there. Like the guy who wanted a special Lucario in pokemon who's description said that he didn't have free will or whatever.

6. BigTeef

I enjoy the VG threads, I browse A to see whats out and what the general consensus is deciding if I should watch or not and I once in awhile look at TG for brainstorming when I decide to write stupid shit, for stupid people.

[​IMG]

Here is an example of what TG inspired me to do.

7. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

I write an essay and this is what this thread turns in to.

It's like I didn't expect it.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Hey, be glad people are posting.

Last time I made a thread people started posting AFTER the event it was talking about was cancelled.

9. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Hmm let's see.

D-

See me after class.

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Lots of people crying about Fooshi making valid points.

Seriously, everyone is pretty aware it's probably going to be:

$30 during Alpha.
    $40 during Beta.
    $50 during Retail.

You're paying less so that you get it earlier and want to play a buggier game. Consider that against Planetary Annihilation which was basically the opposite model, charging you less as the game got better. That's absurd. And yeah, Bohemia are a fucking great company. They make great games and still create great support systems for people to create mods, even in 2013. There's a lot to be said for that.

If you don't like DayZ, then that's fine. I don't get why people are bitching about a game that isn't to their taste anyway. I've put hundreds of hours into DayZ mod and fuck knows how many versions of it. I picked up the standalone the moment it went on sale and I haven't even been slightly disappointed. I love the direction they're taking and I can't wait to see the game evolve.

11. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

I haven't been reading too much in about it, so someone please answer this for me. Is daisy running on the same version of the engine as arma 3? In other words, will the performance and visuals be on the same level as arma 3? I certainly hope it won't run like arma 2/daisy mod ran. Even with dual 670's it ran poorly while also looking ugly. If anyone here has played, please let me know how it performs compared to arma 2 and 3. If its a significant improvement from 2, I will consider picking it up.

12. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

"DayZ Standalone utilizes the Take On Helicopter engine, which is a branch of the Arma II Operation Arrowhead engine Real Virtuality.[4] The engine has been heavily modified even including code from ARMA III."

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/DayZ_Standalone

13. BigTeef

I have bought too many games during the alpha, and every time it has happened I get frustrated because the game doesn't fucking work.

I weren't expecting perfect, I was expecting the game to just fucking launch and work. I am not spending 30 dollars of a unfinished product, not again.
    Ever

14. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I can understand people expecting a game to launch and work somewhat during a beta, but during an alpha? This is what alpha means in a nutshell:

"We have an engine. We have some movement code, some rendering code, some physics, some sound. We might have a few models, some textures and some sounds. We have code that's buggy as fuck. Hell, buggy is an understatement, right now this code is half an inch away from being outright broken. If it launches, it's a blessing. If you can get far enough in to spawn, you're a lucky motherfucker. If you can walk around and do something, anything, then it's a god damn fuckin' miracle."

That's what alpha means. They're still adding major features, making major changes, and doing major things to the game. Hell, chances are good that the coders are doing nightly builds and pushing them out overnight, every night.

No one, and I mean no-fucking-one should pay for an alpha build of a game except in one of three cases:

1. They're intending to buy the game later on and the alpha is cheaper, so they're doing it to save money.
    2. They want to support the game during development and possibly suggest changes. If there's any time that devs are open to feedback, it's during alpha because things are much easier to change then.
    3. The alpha version is so incredibly cheap that it's pocket change to them, so they buy it in the off-chance that it becomes good.

If you noticed, none of those three reasons involve "Because they want to (play/enjoy) the game." If you want to play or enjoy the game, then alpha is the worst purchase you could possibly make.

Hell, they're even calling it early alpha. That's essentially saying that "If you can so much as launch the game, we're happy".

15. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Guys please, get it right. It's an alpher, not an alpha.

hue

16. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Epic memes are pretty cool. I hope one day I can make a meme and everyone will post it on boards and say "grant made this meme, it's an epic one".

17. BigTeef

See
    CANDLES GETS IT

WHY WOULD I SPEND MONEY ON A GAME WHERE ITS THIS SHIT?

18. Fooshi

CANDLES GETS IT

BECAUSE YOU WANT TO HELP THE DEVELOPMENT YOU FUCKING TWAT

19. BigTeef

When I go to a store, I get a pack of gum.

NOT A OPEN PACK AND ITS MISSING ITS SHIT!
    YOUR NOT GETTING MY MONEY FOOSHI

ITS MY MONEY
    YOU GO GET A JOB, AND BUY ANOTHER COPY AND GIVE IT TO ME!
    I managed to piss off fooshi, do I gain a troll level?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  20. Fooshi

BUT YOU GET TO HELP DEVELOP THE GUM AND DECIDE WHICH TASTE YOU WANT IT TO HAVE
    WHEN THE GUM IS RELEASED, YOU GET THE FULL PACKAGE OF GUM BUY MORE GUM, SUPPORT MINT AND LEMON