Daily Game report

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by JustGoFly, Mar 7, 2013.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i tried to click that 10times, why you had to format it like a visited link :rolleyes:

2. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

COM SHIT and RAGE

Question - which I'll know the answer to tonight, but is a COM able to read text chat while in F2 overhead view ?

I normally see chat messages and immediately vocalize them so the person knows I received it. It's also helpful when other players do the same since COM might miss a chat message. But Kyro typed REF C3 20 times and I never saw it. By the time he started to grief, he was saying SCROLL UP, instead of repeating and I was busy trying to take out a gren who was in our base and give targets to a fucking primadona.

Then it just got funny, he said "Homo C5" - although maybe I misread it and he could have said C3, so I started telling him how "I was working on C5, there is a guy up there and already researched Homing." Then the communications just got worse. "No Homo C3" - What the F - "I ALREADY RESEARCHED HOMING!. Do you not like Homing ? Are you telling me NOT to research homing, fucking A I researched everything and am doing gratuitous research - here's Rails!" - Completely ignoring his C3, then his "SCROLL UP" instead of a simple "REF C3" or FAAA to draw attention to his location.

KYRO is WAY better player than me. He rips my ass in a tank at will. This is not a shit on him. I hope he reads this and figures out my mindset at the time. Totally am not pissing on him, but I thought this was kind of funny.

I think at that point we never got in sync - he quit and we lost due to two newbs joining and 5 vs 4 - we lose.

If you are going to text chat to the COM - 1) Don't tell him what you DON'T want. Tell him what you want. 2) Be short and sweet "REF C3" is perfect. Typing "REF HERE" SUCKS. I will ignore it and tell you I don't know where the HERE coordinate is. When I clicked on the players name a glitch in the game brought me to the wrong coordinate and it took a minute to find him. Fucking say coordinate! 3) constant chat because you think it's funny when the COM is stressed might just lose you the game. "Hey COM - how about I head over to CX and build something" <- What a useless piece of shit is this guy (NOT YOU KYRO). This is some other guy. Kyro rocks this game and I am pissed at myself that I didn't get in sync with him.

Rage ON and to an un-named group of players:
    Lastly - those primadona's who insist that the COM constantly show units in their areas is going to lose you matches. You cause the COM to spend more time in F2 mode and potentially get turretted. I do it when I'm not doing other things. One fucker last night kept asking for every single attack order. "COM show me their barracks". he focused on dropping pee's on their COM instead of refs, and we starved for money when we could have kicked ass with heavies and nukes or missles. Fucking A - You can SEE Their barracks why do you need me to stop what I'm doing and highlight it for you ? At the same time ignore KYRO who is asking for a REF.

There is one other person who thinks - You should be sitting in the COM vehicle - not building a radar and spend ALL of your time giving only him attack orders when there are 10 other guys on the team. I jump between two or three locations, build, research give move orders and fucking read every little text chat but what a dick I am, if you get shot by someone because I was busy giving orders to another team. I know you're a primadonna when I am constantly replying "THERE IS NO ONE IN YOUR AREA". No one is contesting you but you need assurances. PUT UP A FUCKING CAMERA.
    Rage Off.

We had some great battles last night and the better teams won.

JustGoFly

3. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

The cordinates are shown next to the player name when they say something in teamchat.. Like (c5): LordDz: Hi darlin'

4. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Actually this shouldn't always be relied on because quite often I have seen people talking in team chat without it showing their coordinates at all, or with their coordinates showing up as (@0).

But usually it shows the coordinates, so that's a thing.

5. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

It only shows for people typing in teamchat, I'm pretty sure it always works for teamchat. it would be kinda bad if it showed for people in allchat :p

And also, if you don't know where a guy want a ref, don't go ignore him.. It only hurts your team. Look at the minimap, do I see a flashing arrow somewhere with I NEED air SUPPORT? - There is your guy.

6. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

LOL - quote the whole message why don't you.

Yes and normally the "REF Here" is someone talking, which I certainly didn't make clear in my note. And I didn't see his name and location flash while he held down the mike. I do know last night I got a note from a player who said REF, and I didn't notice his coordinate in the note. Maybe it whipped by. I used the Player View and clicked on him and it brought me to C3, when he was really in E5. He was able to see my bracket view and typed "I'm not in C3, I'm in E5". Is that a bug ?

The typed messages are easier to follow if they don't scroll off your screen due to the constant flow of chatter and if I am not in COM view, helping give targets, or researching.

My main question was whether text chat is visible in F2 COM view and am I ignoring them due to my focus on players ? I need to fix that if that is the case. At that point the "REF HERE" voice command gets thrown back at the idiot arguing with me that he can't look at his coordinate to clarify his location and I should spend the time looking him up while he bitches that I am taking too long. AGAIN NOT KYRO - just raging about other players from a COM perspective.

Be kind to your COM.

JustGoFly

7. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Agreed - always I ask for location, and wait for a reply. If he rages with "LOOK ME UP" then I'll explain "Look lets have a nice long chat rather than you saying REF C3".

Also standing close to a ref point hides the Yellow dot. So I don't see someone waiting. Most ref points I know so that is not usually an issue - but it can be. Also if TWO people are standing by a ref - many times one of the two won't say anything. A good com should drop it without being told and usually I can do that until we're in the heat of battle and everything is going a million miles an hour. So one guys says REF, and I drop the other guys REF and piss off the guy who's still waiting. Last night that happened for three refs needing to be dropped at the same time to three players, while a gren was pounding me. I saw two from one text prompt for a ref. The third took another 30 seconds which is a lifetime for the guy waiting.

Lots more to improve before this is all moot. I guess I'm asking for more advice. Ideally everything happens just as you think "Drop - OK it's there, how about a armor- OH there it is, and a Barra - never mind". Love when I hear that. Gotta get that 1 second faster so he doesn't start to ask.

The guys I work with best (ScRaT) always do FAAA - Need Air Support. Other guys just type C3 REF twenty times and wonder why you are ignoring them (Kyro).

Vinnie

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It sounds like you lack the micro skills required. If anyone ever asks for targets or whatever I'll generally have it with them within 2-3 seconds, usually giving vocal support. Interventions like that from the commander can make or break a location acquisition.

9. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

No doubt, and always done, normally without prompt. A com should always be working - never sitting still or relaxing.

It's the guys who won't make a step forward without you watching their every move - even when no one is near them that drive me batty. If I make the mistake of doing their every bidding then the whole team suffers. Ideally I keep a newb at main to be a build bitch, so I can focus on the push. Early in the game I want everyone forward, and I'll build the Radar and Rax. I don't ignore the target aspect of the game. It is HUGE, but when I'm doing the pushing rarely do I demand the com to spot targets. If I am pinned down, or can't see who is shooting me, or far from a rax - then I ask, otherwise I push and react to what I see. I always give voice support. "Guy behind the rock", "He's running up on the rax, get ready to fire". One time it was hysterical. One player was behind a wall building a turret. I told him "Stop - get ready to fire outside your north wall - 3,2,1 FIRE and the guy rounded the wall to a line of bullets".

My point is the team should not use the attack order as a crutch. It will come - should be asked for when you can't push due to some distant attacker. But keeping the COM focused on YOU is greedy and hurts the whole team. Some of the primadonnas will even say "You suck because you can't give ME targets". They think this game is all about them.

Improving on doing everything all at once is certainly something I can keep improving on.

I've noticed the CTRL 1-6 key can only be used on buildings. It doesn't allow me to do this on people, like Squad leaders. The original C&C did work this way, and the WiKi says this works, but it doesn't seem to work.

JustGoFly

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I've got better at watching the text chat but still, most of the time when I play its really late at like 4am and by that time I am usually half cut and its all out the window. But still - any audio prompt is much better than text chat most of the time... Speaking of which - change air support to a request for the commander its really such a simple idea. There is literally no downside.

11. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

AzK - will you be on tonight ? You're 5 hours ahead, I'll have to get on earlier. Plan to head out tomorrow at 7:00 am so it'll be an early night for me and no cocktails. If not I'll check Sat/Sun.

Is there an audio file that I can swap out that changes the FAAA to some sexy chick "Hey there big boy, wanna lay a ref on me?"

Vinnie

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

There's a bug with custom content that doesn't allow players to have custom content, so yeah doesn't work, sadly. There's a work around to that but it sucks and only noobs play with workaround-pires.

13. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I don't think you get the point of targets. You shouldn't be using them to "target someone that has someone pinned down at long range", because if you're pinned down at long range, there's no immediate danger, plus you can zero in on the other person's location based on tracers alone.

A good commander will always give targets in these instances:
    1. First contact, because there's literally nothing else to do at this point other than drop a rax
    2. When attacking an enemy rax, because it's helpful to know where the engineer building/repairing it is, or if anyone is even in the rax at the moment
    3. When a rax/ref/armory is placed out in the middle of nowhere, because it's helpful to know if you're about to get jumped whilst building.

Those are the main instances where you must give targets. Be thankful that you didn't play this game when mass targets existed, because if someone went without targets for 0.5 seconds, they would immediately try to f s space the commander.

14. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Justgofly, never stop posting here.

15. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I'm sorry I only saw this now. I dunno - I'm pretty sure there must be, I will find it. I need that .wav file in my life.

16. Trickster

I thought we fixed this in the last patch?

17. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Stop mocking me with your custom title. I'm still butthurt over not having one.

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I tried yesterday to make a custom sound file and it did not work.

edit: oh shit never mind I didn't know that Empires is now in the common folder.

19. ‡|JPL|‡ Corpsegrinder

‡|JPL|‡ Corpsegrinder Member

YOUR DAILY GAY REPORT IS, WELL, gay...

20. Trickster

Corpse is easily going to become my new favourite poster.