Current commanding strategies

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by conquestor, Nov 30, 2009.

1. conquestor

conquestor Member

Interesting. But the thing about nukes is they have huge splash and pretty much remove all the infantry trying to repair tanks, as well as overheat pretty often. I was actually wondering about the plasma MG after reading this thread, but now I see why no one recommends it. The only thing missing from that graph is the heat/second, or rather, heat per dps.

2. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

That and accuracy. For example, DU does a lot more damage than HEMG, but with HEMG you can shoot across the map with pinpoint accuracy. It should be 'Damage per Second over Distance' rather than just DPS to be an accurate comparison between weapons.

3. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

heat per dps is basically the red graph, or "effective DPS." however, if you're using the bio diesel exploit, heat is irrelevant and all weapons are locked on a 2.8 second firing cycle which makes this graph useless.

4. Demented

Demented Member

It's also 'useless' if you're using multiple Bio MG or Bio ML weapons, or if you're shooting at something other than a vehicle's hull. (Assuming armor properties don't extend to hull.)

5. Empty

Empty Member

Effective DPS wasn't heat.
    It was DPS multiplied by the 'Weapon Rating' that was decided by about 80~ surveys filled out, asking how easy each weapon was to use.

I'm the first to admit it's not a reliable number, but it gives some perspective.
    Green is DPS assuming you don't miss.

6. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

this.

/thread

7. @@@@Marcin@@@@

@@@@Marcin@@@@ Developer

Best com strategy IMO is to get the most skilled people on your team

8. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Heat in general is retarded. Either it should be for individual weapons ie cannons and MGs or it should be removed altogether. Engines can be varied in speed and weight to differentiate. IE fast engine can't handle as large exetra blah blah blah.

9. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

NO U!!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  10. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Not if it set infantry/tanks on fire where you could run into other infantry/tanks and set them on fire. Then it would be wintarded.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

id say heat dissapation should be moved to the armours, because a thick armour would make weapons cool down slower i think

12. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

Interesting.

Apart from that, why does noone seem to use HE cannons anymore? The splash makes them really convenient to use against infantry for example and reflective (which 90% of all late tanks use) take more damage from indirect splash damage if I am not completely mistaken.

13. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Because Ranged Cannon is next to the armor that about 90% of the Commanders get.

14. FN198

FN198 Member

they're all just bumper cars with poo catapults in the end.

::EDIT i suppose i'll contribute to the /strategy thread.

short intro: fn198 has been comm'ing for at least two years now and is currently a designated commander and officer of =[BSID]=

common sense is that games are usually ended with the enemy comm dying.
    your objective as the commander is to maneuver your pieces so that you have checkmate on the enemy comm. in other words, trap their comm and take the position, or take the position and trap their comm. (do this using comm walls. practice practice practice. 3/4s of the time I can trap the enemy comm running away.) once their comm is trapped and your soldiers are there to build turrets or a rax next to it, you can call checkmate and eat their king.

strategy is just the art of moving armies. there are hundreds of ways to go about deceiving your enemy which is why rts games have good replay value.

my favorite way of doing things though is to cut off enemy bases from each other then rush whichever is weaker until the weaker base has the enemy comm in it, then it's game.

open maps are the only maps where a certain research strategy will always win if the teams/commanders are equally competent. these are those research strategies.
    OPEN MAPS
    the standard for open maps (BE) is to get dumg, ranged cannons and fission engines (of course we get reflective because if you ever go into phys, you get the armor)
    alternatively, go for pickled fad cannons and bio engines. get heavies of course.

for (NF), high explosive machine gun or hemg is effective but you have to make sure your team understands that they must be used in packs, and know which targets not to waste their precious ammo on.
    [for the nf hemg strat, your end goal is dual uml heavies. the engine is up to the battle, gas/bio [both engines take 150sec] if the map is wide, coolant if it's narrow like slaughtered. it is also up to time too. gas/bio are easier to research. apd is possible if you rush tech]
    if you do not want to go the HEMG route with (NF), go for the easier reflective/dumg and get nukes. your tanks later on will not be good for anti-armor combat later on though unless you go into chem (which will cost time)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009