Counter self kill "Exploit"

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Wertbarg, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

this would have the added benefit (or overkill) of getting a point if you kill someone by knocking them off something with nades, mortars, bullets, you name it.

2. PatPeter

PatPeter I have no idea what I am talking about

Ah, I see what you mean now, it is indeed an Empires issue as I had forgotten the new ranking structure works off most of the skill structure.

----

Anyone ever play Halo? In Halo if someone damaged you and you suicided the kill would go to them. I remember when I was a teenager and I would compare all other FPSs to Halo lol, and this feature ranked as one of the top on my list. I hated playing games like 007 Nightfire, shooting and someone, only to have them shoot their Phoenix Rocket Launcher into a wall and killing themselves.

If I remember correctly, this feature is already semi-active in Empires and the HL2 Orange Box Engine. I can remember several occasions, one on emp_hazard, where I ran into poisonous waste, and the kill went to someone who hadn't killed me for 5 minutes, I was like "WTF 'NAME'!?!"

Oh I went to a wedding and forgot to post this, lawl.

3. Dr. Rockso

Dr. Rockso Member

Is suiciding really so bad? Honestly if I see you rolling at me with something I dont have the ammo/class to counter and there is something important behind me near a rax that I dont particularly want you to get to uncontested I am going to start my respawn timer rather then jousting you so you can roll past my ammoless ass onto your target or waste time trying to distract you if there are no teamates near, or running at you and letting you kill me which is no different from suiciding. I dont see why its such a big deal, if I suicide you'll either be seeing me again real soon or wish that you had kept an eye out for the ninjarax I just spawned at with my buddies.

As for rank points, make it 100 000 000 000 points for damaging a player that kills themselves, I dont care, its not like rankings matter at all. Hell cut out the middleman and just have a plugin that lists time played, it has the same results as rankings but with less pointless whoring!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  4. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I hope you know that he talks about the ranks that give you things like "Speed Upgrade" Not the CSS ranking system.

5. zenarion

zenarion Member

I still don't understand why this is such an issue.
    Never seen it happen.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

suiciding-> 25 second respawn
    going into a barracks, pressing enter, select new spawn point -> you are immobile for 10 seconds and then spawn at new point as normal.

no more killing your charecter just to move around the map and suiciding is punished.

7. zenarion

zenarion Member

How about suicides use double tickets on respawn?

8. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Both of those suggestions would have far too wide-ranging effects when you consider how unimportant and rare the issue really is. I don't think anything should be done over this that would impact any part of the game that matters.

Now, if you want to prevent killspawning to rush to a location, that's different. But that really deserves its own thread if you want to discuss that.

9. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

most of you people who are nay-saying barely ever play this mod anymore anyway so I don't see why you're so opposed to it (or why you post in these forums).

I, for one, have used this against people (especially in the case of bio), and have had it used against me multiple times, and I am in favor of seeing it removed from the game.

10. Wertbarg

Wertbarg Member

Thank you Pickled for a glimpse of coherence in a sea of confusion and misinterpretations.
    The point isn't to stop you from killing yourself, the point is so that people get the point they deserve. you can go ahead and killspawn back to base, but if they had already hurt you when you did it, they would get a single kill point when you died.
    EDIT: I hate that external rank system, it negatively influences how people behave in game. /EDIT

P.S. I agree with you pickled, I don't recognize half of the names posting as active players, but to the active players who are posting, thank you for your time and (hopefully thorough) consideration.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009