Cosplay preplanning

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fricken Hamster, Aug 7, 2010.

1. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

This is called adaption and not bad pronounciation, or do english ppl speak japanease? No?
    And by adapting or like in europe alternating words, similar sounding words get partly different meanings, you want examples or can you think of any yourself?

Old japanese isn't the same as modern japanese and because there was a whole new language to create they adapted tons of words and made them fitting into their language,
    You saying that the english pronounciation is the right one and all other languages adapting english words are wrong?
    Well then I can state that the english language is pronouncing it's words wrong, too, because the origin of the english language is mostly french ...

'ello Blisard, 'ow 'avae ou beenn? Douznd saund gout? Gues why ...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  2. Zeke

Zeke Banned

i think us scandinavians need to go all-out viking style and invade england once more and add even more words to the english language.

3. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

4. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

lol thats pretty awesome lol

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

lol it is lol

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

bad as in it failed, i never picked sides on wichone is in its right to use it

you are basically doing the whole "a white guy goes to the police station to report a theft, he says a jew did it because he recognised the curls and weird hat, then the police officer starts yelling out nazi on him" sketch

7. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

it failed? FOR U IT DID OFC because it's NOT your language, you're judging from a wrong point of view, and this is what I meant, a french guy would also say similar to french sounding english words or from french derivated words fail, because they don't mean the same thing or do and only sound weird :pathetic:
    You are the one lying about the thiefery in your allegory and sorry to say that but it also sucks, I didn't blame you for being a racist but for not thinking further than where your little english speaking world ends ...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  8. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

go talk to an English professor and ask if "baurepen" is correct English, its not my language but English isn't ether... you are totally missing the point

also im sorry you did not get the analogy

9. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I did get it but you prolly not my point q.q
    baurepen is not incorrect english, it isn't english at all, it is an adapted word which has it's own meaning INDEPENDEND of the english word ...
    it's another language, "go ask an english professor if a japanese word is correct english or not", yeah ... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  10. Zeke

Zeke Banned

i think u missed a thing in my post before.

if some country make a unique thing... lets say someone invent a thing which is totally diffrent from the rest and it will be called "circle".

then others probably also call it "circle", since its a one of a kind thing and require a new word.

if some guy later on make a red "circle" and the word red happends to be Balabori in that language... This new adaption of the old concept is now called Balaboricircle acording to the maker... iow similar to the diffrense between a goosepen and a ballpen.
    Do you actually think everyone will call it Balaboricircle instead of red circle?

no they fucking dont cuz thats retarded.

Ballpen or Bōrupen is known as Kulspetspenna in sweden.

wanna know what it means?

Balltip pen.

Why would we call it that? cuz it fucking makes sense since its merely a translation.

11. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Bastardising other languages is not adaptation, it's people bastardising other languages because they're ignorant retards who can't pronounce things properly, usually because children around the age of seven think massacred foreign languages are cool.

13. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

14. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

So you think your language is just what is written on paper?
    Protip: Ask your english professor.
    A language is NOT a dead thing, languages evolve through pronounciation shifting of existing words, changing of syntax and adaption or, if you need to be mean, "bastardization" of new words.
    Even the seven year old "retards" influent the standard language.
    If you don't like it raise your childrens to not to use any of these new words and stop derailing, seriously, if you are japanese that is, else just get out of this thread, or are you really that cocky to dictate how the japanese have to use their own language?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  15. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Chris, just ignore them until Empty returns. This result of this "debate" will likely be fruitless.

16. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Empty isnt an english professor

17. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

You're right, Empty is a mod.

18. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

I dunno man. He's Australian, he could be ANYTHING.

19. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

New offical dorf thread.

[​IMG]

20. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

I'm ok with this.
    DORFS, FUCK YEAH