[Considering] Suggerstions for increasing teamplay and organised play!

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Sirex, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whisky

Whisky Member

I like the idea of a command structure and slightly more specific commands.

Commander -> Squadleader -> Troops.
    Commander wants something done and can leave the Squadleader to deal with the details. This could lead to some very tight knit squads forming.

Maybe something could be worked into the voice chat. Sort of a relay system. Maybe two or more PTT keys? Commander... Squadleaders, team (battlefield) or public. Squadleaders, Squad, Commander or public. You get the idea.

Might alow for tighter communication.

2. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Yeah, no, that won't work. All you're doing is adding another point of failure. Barely anyone listens to their comm. Nobody listens to their squadleader. Not ever. Almost no squadleaders even bother to try. Most squadleaders, I think, never even notice that they're a squadleader, or quickly forget once the match starts.

3. Whisky

Whisky Member

Yeah, that is a good point... I forgot for a moment we are talking about online gaming community... I was lost in my own little world for a moment, where teamwork happens in team based games...

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Some good suggestions, some bad suggestions. Generally though, multi-suggestion threads which aren't formatted well aren't going to get very far. If anyone wants to repost ideas from this thread which they like, feel free to do so. I'll leave a shadow topic in place for a couple of weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.