Configurable Vehicletraining?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Drag0wn, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Why the fuck would releasing the code bring people back to Empires? Do you actually read the shit you're typing?

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

February of this year or last year? If it's this year, I can understand that. I didn't do anything major until the port came around and none of what I did got in until then either. Likewise, because it took anything of what I did to actually get anywhere, the difference between February and July of last year in terms of my own development is null.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I think he forgot to include an argument to make the link to that conclusion, but his argument would presumably involve increased development and a more awesome game that more people want to play. But that's putting words in his mouth.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Or maybe if a game is in open development it magically attracts people? I'm not sure about the logic.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

February last year, I swear I was getting back into empires again during late winter that year and kept hearing from you all about the magic voodoo that makes empires run. Course, I was hearing about that in july too, so I might be mixing up things. I just know I was really enjoying empires then, even if I was play with basically the same 20-30 people every week.

About open sourcing, it doesn't always really work. Look at zombie master for examples. Though it looks like Tannerbody(tannerbondy?) is working on porting to 2013, so there is that. Then again, ZM2 isn't open source, but it is still nice to see someone working on zombie master again.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  6. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Or coders for that matter?

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Well if it was opened I would from time to time give a bit of help. I would never agree to to become a 'developer' though and all that.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

This sounds exactly like my current love-life.

9. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

hlöhöhöhööhöhöhöhöhöhööhö.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  10. 101010

101010 Member

Like viro there are people that would help but don't want to be a dev.
    more help = faster improvements. That will attract more people. I know people are working on some pretty amazing things but to most people empires development seems stalled again.
    There are a few people I know that are in this community that can code. They also don't want to be a dev. But might be willing to help clean up empires code in there spare time.