Clans - Are any alive?

Discussion in 'General' started by Thor, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I think the thing is though, we have an application process and because of its complexity in itself, it weeds out the players who are and aren't dedicated.
    Most people that did fill out the application were from other clans, but we can't help it when a clan disbands, and then they come to us.

We did have around 20 members, but we might only have around 15 later on.

I can see what you mean by saying our player quality isn't as high as it was. In the beginning we were few and everyone was...uber to say the least. Since then we've added a lot of good players. Maybe not as good as the higher-ups, but they listen to commands and have all basic knowledge of empires so even if they aren't uber with a rifle, they are still a great ally for strategic missions and such.

It's ok, we <3 you anyways :P

2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Precisely. We have never, ever given a link to our forums except when people asked for it. We don't recruit people. People come to us to recruit them.

Yes, we have taken a few more "average" players under our guidance to teach them the stuff that wins you the match. Maybe you don't like it that BSID no longer wtfpwns everything, but we'd rather grow and train more "average" members in the meanwhile, than stay small with 4 or 5 members that are great.

3. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Only thing I know is that BSID has the player base and average player skill level to be above all of this flame war crap without getting dragged into it and sullying your image. I say just ignore all the anti-BSID stuff, because actions speak louder than words in game, and you're far better than that.

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

The only members of bsid I've seen that were note worthy have been thor and dizzyone. bsid are certainly not an exceptional clan. If anything, it's the mainstream clan of empires.

And you're right, if I have something in mind, I won't follow the commanders' orders. You're also right that I don't care about teamwork. I care about winning and if I have to work with others to achieve it, then that's what I'll do. If not then quite frankly, I neither want to give nor receive help.

But just to note, I don't follow your orders cause I personally think you're an utter tool.

Regardless; my biggest problem with bsid is that I've seen them on a few occasions enter a server that isn't their own and purposely join one team. Albeit, they've never (as far as I've seen) unevened the teams but that doesn't make it any better.

That and the psuedo monopolisation of the empires playerbase (refer to mainstream comment)

There's also the general rule of clans (That bsid seem to fit nicely with) that they all think they're gods gift to gaming. That they can command a degree of respect beacuse they have a little tag next to their names.

---

In the end. My problems with bsid as a whole are minor at best. I don't particularly like them nor do I particularly like them but I at least try to show some common courtesy and at most, actually get along with a couple members.

---

Say what you wish about me here or behind my back, it makes no difference. I am done with this thread. I am done with you.

5. Tarantio

Tarantio Member

Clan {CoCK} FTW!!!!
    Coalition of Clown Killers

We'll rape you then turn you over and rape you again! BOOYA!
    Although; since were such nice guys.. it'd be more like a gentle tickling.

6. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

So what do I need to do to become an elite trooper of CoCK?

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

As I saw today BSID isn't that elite. :P You guys are too stupid to shut up or kick me from the vent. I don't care if you think that JJ45 is complete retard or not (as he doesn't play empires) but all those comments how quick you are going to destroy us or similar were just stupid. I'm not sure if you are more confident in larger group or what but it was just sad.

That has nothing to do with this topic. :P

8. Beerdude26

I had nothing to do with that :|

And did you see who said it? And I thought JJ45 was the clan leader of FB :confused:

9. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Thor(not sure) was saying some odd things. Not sure if someone else. But someone said that. You were absent.

JJ45: made a break/resigned from leadership.

10. Thor

Thor Member

lol We owned you guys 3/4 games today, so we can brag amongst ouyrselves on our own vent however we like.

11. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I can't wait to try our server... Would be fun to get some decent BSID vs. crowd matches going on for me.

12. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

You can do what you want but it is still lame.

I don't know much about those 3 games but those were just 3 games against our weakest players on 250 ms server. After (in your case even before) won/lost game you usually expect "gg" not someone being ass.

What I liked in some people from BSID was that they know what that game is about. But you Thor are behaving like 5 years old. We can't expect any kind of "professionalism" from you. Just it.

Slitherkai: You were playing like that: you vs crowd. Then you got kicked. :>

13. GLZ

GLZ Member

I also played the "war" against FB, all I can say is this wasn't a real war. Me as an european guy had a ping of 180 not really playable.
    The war itself was 4vs3, 4vs4 , 3vs4, 2vs4
    So as you can see it was not really a war it was just 2 clans fragging eachother and trying to kill the CV as fast as possible.
    Real wars in the future shoulld be atleast 8vs8 and then we can say who is "the best" clan.
    And about BSID having the most players, I think BSID is just the best organised clan at this moment. So lot of people who know that they want to play Empires for a long time will fill in the application.
    Instead of flaming, lets all be friends and have some fun on the publics servers. Empires is growing and it will need a good community so lots of players will find the way to Empires (Isn't that what we all want?)
    Cheers!

14. Thor

Thor Member

Eavesdropping in on a conversation not meant for your ears isn't any better than participating in the conversation, so you have nowhere to say we were wrong. Atleast we can back up our statements. Those two or 3 players are the only players I ever see on in your clan. And if they are the 'weakest', and they are the only ones I see, I think the whole clan is weak. And until I see otherwise, I will continue to think that. Prove me wrong.

I say GG after every game, win or lose. I don't know where your coming from and you don't really have a basis for this arguement, so I'm not wasting my time. I'm done. Have a happy flaming.

If it really bothers you that much and you want to talk about it, send me a PM on my forums or talk to me on vent. I'm pretty sure you have access to both.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  15. Ganks

Ganks Banned

What are you talking about? BSID always stacks the same team so it already pretty much is BSID vs all

that is they stack unless sometimes asked nicely :)

16. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

We both agree that it doesn't make any sense to flame. I might have said that you've done something that was done by someone else from your clan. Most of it was bad impression.

No point in talking about it any further. We need to make a clan war/match soon between our clans. We'll talk about it after solving some FB's internal issues (1 week probably).

17. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

As Dave Chappelle puts it, Northern Faction proud bi@cth

*or was the east side?*

18. Ganks

Ganks Banned

Word up gee slice

19. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Mind, I'm usually a Northern Faction Grenadier, I auto-assign, but still have somewhat of a preference for the Brenodi Empire, I aid the side that needs me the most. Period.

Most of you probably never saw me in-game (and probably won't for another while. :/) but I, like most of =[BSID]= players I encounter, don't stack often, So personally I do not know, nor care, what ass you're pulling it out of.

20. Beerdude26

We try to keep the times we join BE and NF a bit balanced. But you can't be there every round we play eh :p