Clans - Are any alive?

Discussion in 'General' started by Thor, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Will other idiots be smashed too?

2. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

You wrote our tag wrong. :P It's ".::FB::. something".

3. Ganks

Ganks Banned

Here's a tip to get more clans: BSID--STOP RECRUITING!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Duh. There was once 2 or 3 other clans and 2 of them got sucked into BSID and the other 1 is a private assholes-only clan. Im so sick of looking at BSID here and in game that I wish they would all just get hacked or something and die. Thor basicly made this thread for attention so he could suck more people into his silly clan. Pfft. BSID sucks.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  4. Slithzerikai

Wow... Now that I think about it...

Doesn't =[BSID]= have 5% to 10% of the total players?

5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I thought I was the only one that felt this way =/

6. Darg

Darg Member

Maybe them splitting up into two different clans isn't a bad idea...

Atleast we could have clan matches then!

7. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

At one point even I thought about joining BSID(or visiting their little recruitment tent, looked quite cosy actually), but then I started to notice severe deteriorating in their player quality... and the fact that you should install Xfire. A total turn off.

8. Slithzerikai

I think Talus is getting angsty about =[BSID]= owning his little ass all the time.

9. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

this thread is an imperial propaganda scheme! join the resistance!

...if only there was an organized resistance. instead all we have is alot of angst(sp) and awsome light tanks :(

10. Thor

Thor Member

For those who posted above. I don't see why you are making a big deal. I made a post to see if there were any other clans, and it turned into spamming/flaming. I expect better from the community on the official forums. Dee, check your sig before saying your sick of BSID, thanks for semi-promoting us.

As for quality, we have gotten even stricter from the start. We only recruit above average players and havent went out of our way to recruit in a month or two. So, I think your a little jealous or are just trying to tarnish our name. The only problem I see in quality is commanding. Some of our members aren't the best comms, but atleast we try to whenever no one else wants to. We actually offer to comm. Anywho, I think I addressed everything. I'm so sorry you turned this topic into a flame war.

It looks like YOU are being the little emo kid crying for attention.

Thor, out.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  11. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Let me see...

Tarnishing name... nope. Just saying what I've noticed. Or then I've just been playing with your exceptional end all the time before...

Being emo kid crying for attention...
    I really hope this wasn't aimed at me.

Yeah, I'm getting out of this thing. Have happy hunting.

12. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

First of all, we don't suck. You wanna know what happened to the other clans that we allegedly assimilated? some of the members from other clans, thought that thier clan wasn't goodenough for their skill, or their clan was dying, so they came to us for a last resort.

The emo phrase was directed at Talus.

Actually, we are doing something similar. We're moving all of our inactive members to a seperate roster and if none of them reply, they are given the boot. This will most likley remove roughly half of the BSID members.

Severe deterioration? How so? In the last few weeks, we have become very organized and productive as a clan. Everyone may not be up to their fullest potential, however they are getting better. Not everyone is a great comm and we understand that, however, our members have something most players do not. Loyalty. Yes, I thought I would never use that would for this game, however it exists.

Also, You say Xfire is a turn off. How so? It lets Thor manage players more easily, and is a handy tool for communication within the clan. Also, it won't interfere with your game most of the time so it's very effective. Another thing about Xfire is that it doesn't require a huge amount of computer resources.

You aren't. There are plenty of people who think we suck and that we have too many members. Maybe it's because we're...I don't know...we're good in game?

I must say though, I have commanded, and you were a soldier I was comming. When I asked you to do something you didn't do it, even when I gave you objectives. You even built a jeep. From this, I can tell teamwork is not your stong point.

BSID is based on teamwork and organization, and a lot of people find it either stupid or are jealous of it. Because of your lack of teamwork, we can assume either one.

- - - - - - - - -

Another thing I'll address is a match that occured earlier today.

It was basically BSID versing everyone else. BSID lost because we had a great ground unit play as a Comm. Needless to say he was inexperienced.
    Of course we hate losing, and are ridiculed when we lose. Remember though that even as we lose, we get better.

BSID learns from its mistakes which is the least I can say for most players.

One last thing. I know a lot of people don't like me, or my clanmates because I may gloat, or they may gloat. We take pride in what we do, and everyone loves to give a "Fuck yeah!" from time to time. We aren't machines you know.
    I have on occasion called some very bad players idiots, but everyone says that. Everyone will say RTFM to anyone who asks "how do I get in a vehicle?"

I also call people idiots when they don't play as a team. My reason? Why play a teambased game solo? You would have to be missing grey matter to NOT take advantage of teamwork.

Honestly, I will take pride when I get the impossible done, and so will my clan mates. We have been taking steps to become better, and are trying to be less of a nuisance, however we will not disband because of a few complaints.

With every harmful remark and retort, we grow stronger. Thank you all.

Headshotmaster

13. Darg

Darg Member

Personally I think you might both be over reacting slightly. It's all well and good having clan feuds in a game. Some people say it increases the competition value. But when it's BSID vs. Everybody Else that's not a good thing.

My advice would be to sit back and relax in the fact that you have pretty much the only Empires clan in action and wait for others to start off. In fact If I were you I would encourage the growth of other clans. Most of the posts here were made half in jest and the rest you should be able to just ignore.

There's no need for a page and a half long talk on how you are being picked on by other players.

14. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

why is it not a good thing? The only way you'll get better is by versing people harder than you

Why would we relax about that? We want competition outside of our clan. We DO want growth of other clans and we do promote it. I know most posts were made in jest but it's not like we honestly care. I just felt like getting the facts straight.

then quit picking on us

j/k :P

15. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Just for clarification. I'm not saying BSID players suck, I'm saying that they aren't as high quality in general as they were(or I've just played too many games with dizzy and beerdude and that third guy and I'm excpecting the same from the rest). :) Every time I see BSID players on both sides of the game along with some familiar names, I know there's a good chance for it being a GG.

I have some personal rules on installing certain type of software on my computer that's the reason why I have had only 5 viruses on my PC in the last 14 years I've had a PC. :) I'm not saying that Xfire is shite or full of shite... :) You can forget that remark.

And I might not be your above average gamer either. :) But good luck with BSID and hopefully we'll see more clans once this game get's a larger playerbase.

16. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Gentlemen, let's just cut the flame war short here. We're all mature people, aren't we? Let's act like it.

17. Lion_IX

Lion_IX Member

So...anyways lets just have fun and play Empires.

18. Darg

Darg Member

If I could play empires I would but with my satellite connection all I get to do is sit here and bitch. And maybe make a map if I have time.

19. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Limiting size (BSID's internal thing) would be good. At the moment you're the only clan that is really active. You're also best in terms of average player skill. What sucks to non-claners is that you just eat every other clan and take the best players from it so there is just one clan.

(FB is also active but not that much)

20. Slithzerikai

I have a reason for being abscent on Empires--